Old 12-27-2004, 09:18   #1
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Mule Dung

"At Cap Serrat, Coon perfected his explosive "mule turds," specially sculpted explosives that could destroy truck tires or knock a track off a light tank.
"Mule turds were to be found in great abumdance...we added a few samples of local mule dung, and this was carefully packed and sent to London. We took care to explain that the full, rich horse dung of the British countryside would not do in Morocco; it was the more watery, smaller mule type that would pass there without suspicion. Also, it was important to have it a deep serpia color, sometimes with greenish shades, the product of straw and grass, not of oats and hay. In the course of time the British London office made up explosive turds from these samples, and we used them to good effect later in Tunisia."
Operatives, Spies and Saboteurs; The Unknown Story of the Men and Women of WWII's OSS, Patrick k. O'Donnell, Free Press, 2004.

Those OSS guys really had their shit together.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 09:21   #2
jatx
Area Commander

Oh, come on guys, you're not going to let this one slip by without comment are you?
"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave whither Thou goest." - Ecclesiastes 9:10

"If simple folk are free from care and fear, simple they will be, and we must be secret to keep them so." - JRRT
jatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 09:48   #3
Kyobanim

I'm flabbergasted. That would be a realy shitty situation if it happened to you.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."
Optimus Prime
Kyobanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 11:12   #4
Footmobile
Guerrilla

Puts new meaning into 'when the shit hits the fan'...
Footmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 11:30   #5
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

I posted this to show the versatility and out of box thinking of our forefathers - not to start a bunch of shit.

That book is excellent by the way. Lot of material on OGs.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 12-29-2004, 21:22   #6
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Ya'll don't like my story?

They also made one that was like flour and you could even bake it into muffins and popovers. Called it Aunt Jemima.

I thought that was pretty neat too.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 12-29-2004, 21:33   #7
QRQ 30
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by NousDefionsDoc
Ya'll don't like my story?

They also made one that was like flour and you could even bake it into muffins and popovers. Called it Aunt Jemima.

I thought that was pretty neat too.
That ain't no shit folks. Possibilities are only limited by your imagination and an active imagination is a prime prerequisite for a successful operative.

Pain and suffering are inevitable,
misery is optional.

http://tadahling.com/memoriesofaspecialforcessoldier/
QRQ 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 21:49   #8
Pandora
Hornet Nest Poker

Quote:
They also made one that was like flour and you could even bake it into muffins and popovers.
I'll probably pay dearly for usurping FS's gourmet-given right to ask first, but which works better as a detonator... strawberry, raspberry or imported British marmalade?

XX's of the coven need to know.
Old 01-25-2005, 15:48   #9
lksteve
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by NousDefionsDoc
I posted this to show the versatility and out of box thinking of our forefathers - not to start a bunch of shit.

That book is excellent by the way. Lot of material on OGs.
early IEDs...along with exploding coal, exploding light bulbs, etc...another good book that talks about improvised explosives is The Jungle is Neutral, about the SAS in Borneo, if memory serves me...
lksteve is offline   Reply With Quote