Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Area Studies > Africa

Old 02-28-2018, 04:56   #1
Pete
Quiet Professional

‘The time for reconciliation is over’: South Africa votes to confiscate white-owned l

‘The time for reconciliation is over’: South Africa votes to confiscate white-owned land without compensation

http://www.news.com.au/finance/econo...399d3576c4c0bc

"SOUTH Africa’s parliament has voted in favour of a motion that will begin the process of amending the country’s Constitution to allow for the confiscation of white-owned land without compensation.

The motion was brought by Julius Malema, leader of the radical Marxist opposition party the Economic Freedom Fighters, and passed overwhelmingly by 241 votes to 83 against. The only parties who did not support the motion were the Democratic Alliance, Freedom Front Plus, Cope and the African Christian Democratic Party.

It was amended but supported by the ruling African National Congress and new president Cyril Ramaphosa, who made land expropriation a key pillar of his policy platform after taking over from ousted PM Jacob Zuma earlier this month.

“The time for reconciliation is over. Now is the time for justice,” Mr Malema was quoted by News24 as telling parliament. “We must ensure that we restore the dignity of our people without compensating the criminals who stole our land.”..."

And awaaaay we go. Here we come Zimbabwe.........
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 05:42   #2
Guymullins
Guerrilla Chief

This may be the declaration of the Third Boer War.
Guymullins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 06:19   #3
Pete
Quiet Professional

I thought the bush people "owned" South Africa, followed by the Dutch/Germans and then the Bantu peoples moving south.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 10:31   #4
TrapperFrank
Quiet Professional

I predicted this was going to happen when apartheid ended. Africans are incapable of running Africa. The same thing happened in Rhodesia. In time, South Africa will morph into some version of what Rhodesia became.
TrapperFrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 10:39   #5
Streck-Fu
Area Commander

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Last edited by Streck-Fu; 02-28-2018 at 10:43.
Streck-Fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 17:17   #6
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
And awaaaay we go. Here we come Zimbabwe.........
Egg-zackery. Thanks Pete for the link.

Well, it's too chilly outside for this FOG to throw one back around the campfire, so I'll just fill the DOL mug, glance at my Ruark collection on the bookshelf & toss Wild Geese into the DVD player. Away we go indeed.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 17:21   #7
Scimitar
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guymullins View Post
Guy, perhaps you could give us a run down as someone on the ground.
What is the likely outcomes here, both specifically and from a broader point of view.

S

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp"
-- Robert Browning

"Hooah! Pushing thru the shit til Daisies grow, Sir"
-- Me

"Malo mori quam foedari"
"Death before Dishonour"
-- Family Coat-of-Arms Maxim

"Mārohirohi! Kia Kaha!"
"Be strong! Drive-on!"
-- Māori saying
Scimitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 17:29   #8
lindy
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
Guy, perhaps you could give us a run down as someone on the ground.
What is the likely outcomes here, both specifically and from a broader point of view.

S
C’mon Scimitar, brush up on your Afrikaans!..and Guy ain’t that old!

"There are times in your life you'll be required to perform an exceedingly difficult task to the best of your ability, regardless of your perceived capability. Mental toughness is what will carry the day during these times. In other words, you suck it up and do what you have to do." - Razor
lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 17:41   #9
Scimitar
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindy View Post
C’mon Scimitar, brush up on your Afrikaans!..and Guy ain’t that old!
LOL, I didn't realize I had quoted him there.

I was referring to the situation in general, not the history of British aggression.

S

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp"
-- Robert Browning

"Hooah! Pushing thru the shit til Daisies grow, Sir"
-- Me

"Malo mori quam foedari"
"Death before Dishonour"
-- Family Coat-of-Arms Maxim

"Mārohirohi! Kia Kaha!"
"Be strong! Drive-on!"
-- Māori saying
Scimitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 19:11   #10
Chucko
Guerrilla

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz58VXEVgp7

"Mr Malema said the time for 'reconciliation is over'. 'Now is the time for justice,' News24 reported.

'We must ensure that we restore the dignity of our people without compensating the criminals who stole our land."

"Mr Malema has a long-standing commitment to land confiscation without compensation. In 2016 he told his supporters he was 'not calling for the slaughter of white people - at least for now'."

I can see this will turn this country to crap very quickly. How to turn 1000 acres of productive land to 1 acre of arid land.
Old 03-02-2018, 19:29   #11
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucko View Post
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz58VXEVgp7

"Mr Malema said the time for 'reconciliation is over'. 'Now is the time for justice,' News24 reported.

'We must ensure that we restore the dignity of our people without compensating the criminals who stole our land."

"Mr Malema has a long-standing commitment to land confiscation without compensation. In 2016 he told his supporters he was 'not calling for the slaughter of white people - at least for now'."

I can see this will turn this country to crap very quickly. How to turn 1000 acres of productive land to 1 acre of arid land.
They are running out of water so sit back and watch.
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 20:10   #12
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guymullins View Post
Got a plan, Mike?

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 09:42   #13
Guymullins
Guerrilla Chief

There is no need to go into what happens when an African government seizes land. All ex-colonies(apart from Botswana and Namibia) had this happen and they all collapsed into ruin.
This is in fact not only about land, but it is all property. That means land, shares, companies everything is liable to nationalisation.

It is also not only the whites who will be subject to this Constitutional Amendment but everyone. Of course, the whites are the primary target, but the die-hard Communists who still hold sway in the ANC have always had this as their aim and now the opportunity seems ripe for them.

For many years now, farms have been raided on a daily basis and white farmers and their whole families have been raped, tortured and murdered in horrible ways. Often nothing is stolen but a vehicle for getaway purposes and firearms.

There has been almost no publicity of this because the media that isn't government owned is filled with left-wing writers and editors who are as anti-white as the ANC.

White South Africans have until now, found it impossible to really fight back, mainly because they had been branded as Apartheid criminals and there was no sympathy from the rest of the world.

The feeling is that this antipathy to whites by western nations is slowly draining away. This is for two reasons.
Firstly, for the first time, they are experiencing what it is like to live with radically different cultures as they try to cope with their own refugee influx.

Secondly, many western nations are finding that Apartheid type living is the only way to co-exist in a single state with such differing cultures.

Returning to the present problem: The white man is being forced into a corner and the government knows that a vigorous backlash can be expected. The numbers are not good as far as hostilities are concerned. The whites are a tiny 8% of the population. However, the statistics from the 30-year bush war show that the casualty rate of about 110:1 of a white civilian force against black professional armies is by no means a hindrance.

Not too long ago, when the British also wanted to seize all the land for the Empire, a tiny handful of Boers eventually rose up and gave the greatest Empire the world had ever known a long and costly war. The Boers only finally being defeated when all their families were confined to concentration camps where the wives and kids died like flies from disease and malnutrition.

This was the Second Boer War and the British knew that, as soon as the Boers had recovered, there would be a Third War so they shortly afterwards gave the Boers the self-determination they asked for in a Union with the British Empire.

The present Black government are vaguely aware of this history and know that the best way to deal with the whites is a death by a thousand cuts.

Whites have accepted Black Economic Empowerment laws that have made it almost impossible for young whites to get employment. White companies have had to give away large parts of their companies to Blacks who have no clue as to how to run them.
White reaction to this is to start their own companies and somehow do quite well by keeping things small and profitable.

So this is the environment that this latest assault is launched. If it isn't watered down to ineffectuality and passes in its proposed form, it may well be the last straw for whites. Most whites have nowhere to go. Those with foreign passports have left long ago and those remaining are the real die-hards.
Personally, both my wife and I have British citizenship and could have left long ago but our sons could not get British passports. We are here for the duration.

Watch this space, things could become exciting.
Old 03-03-2018, 09:43   #14
Guymullins
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
Got a plan, Mike?
Of course. I may be African, but I am not entirely brain dead.
Old 03-03-2018, 13:36   #15
sfshooter
Quiet Professional

Hold strong down there. I worked with and became good friends with some of your countrymen while in Iraq. Extremely professional! I expect they will be in the mix with you if it comes down to it.

"I ask you sir, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people........" George Mason
sfshooter is offline   Reply With Quote