Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 01-10-2021, 18:32   #16
Go Devil
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseTim View Post
Who in “our” government is calling the shots for big tech? Pelosi?

My wife, a conservative and ain’t shy about it, got kicked off twit. Parler is getting its platform yanked from under them and google and apple stopped their apps.

They are trying their level best to isolate conservatives. I smell the stench of desperation.
As it’s always been, follow the money.
Old 01-10-2021, 18:40   #17
Flagg
Area Commander

I think the simplest explanation for Big Tech’s banning of President Trump and other conservatives is the following:

Big Tech are trying to proactively ingratiate themselves with the incoming Democrat political monopoly of the House, Senate, and Executive Branch.

Why?

They are under considerable risk of having their Metcalfe’s Law/Zipf’s Law based monopolies broken up.

I do not see a grand conspiracy within Big Tech, but I certainly see a strong alignment of interests for Big Tech to maintain their monopolies as well as align to the next regime.

China is also tightening its influence and control over it’s own Big Tech.

Jack Ma Yun, the founder and former chairmen of Alibaba(China’s Amazon) and more recently Ant Group.

The Chinese government pulled the Ant Group IPO at the last minute after Jack Ma criticised the Chinese government regulators.

He hasn’t been seen in over a month.

Perhaps the US is moving towards a model similar to Russia’s oligarchs and China’s digital emperors, but with American characteristics.

In Russia/China billionaires get onboard or they can get poisoned or disappeared.

In the US, billionaires can get cancelled and ruthlessly attacked by partisan regulators.

4th Estate for the digital age.

Legislative, Executive, Judicial, Oligarchical
Flagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 18:41   #18
Penn
Area Commander

Quote:
Shutting down comms ahead of the big hammer that will be thrown immediately after Slo Joe is coronated.
+1, only here.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 21:02   #19
Paslode
Area Commander

Maybe in part the pulling of the chain is fear, or maybe creating a narrative or maybe both. Below is a link to the latest bilge from the headline of Drudge, in reading it I came away with the 'feeling' that an ANTIFA/BLM type of riot is/was about to take place. Common sense should tell someone that we have no idea how the people allegedly advocating violence on forums are affiliated with the MAGA Movement or other actors with nefarious intent.

At least in part articles such as this may give us a view into the mindset that has prompted the imposition of censorship/de-platforming....that said, we should keep in mind that the Dem's have pre-planned every event over the past 4-1/2 years....

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-...-the-next-one/
Old 01-10-2021, 22:32   #20
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

Heard some tinfoil types fretting about new updates to their phone OS.
My phone is old enough that it can’t accept the latest update, but my iPad just notified of an impending automatic OS update.

Probably just tinfoil, but I turned off the auto update anyway.
Can always do it later.
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 22:35   #21
Razor
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat in the hat View Post
Too bad nobody including bone spurs...
Funny thing 'bout them bone spurs--how do you know that was the reason for the deferment? If you haven't already, go ahead and look up the various draft records showing Trump's deferments; you'll note that the codes and notes in the records don't specify a reason. So the only source anyone has saying his deferments were for bone spurs is...Trump himself, during some past interviews.

Ergo, if you buy into the bone spur story, you apparently believe that President Trump is truthful. Aren't you relieved to finally admit it?
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 23:43   #22
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Me thinks, there are many people within the beltway, Silicon Valley and now Amazon who are absolutely terrified of what’s yet to come. It seems Wall Street may be assuming too much but we’ll see, either way I think the market stays strong.

I don’t know how the military has changed since I retired, but when I served as an NCO in the Infantry from the early 80’s until departing SF in ‘02, if the troops are bitching and complaining things are going along pretty well...it’s when everyone goes silent and discuss amongst themselves what’s at issue, and the good leaders find out what happened so they can fix it.

Bad leaders, ignored it and thought things are going well because everyone stopped complaining and bitching. Bad leaders also took it upon themselves to make radical changes thinking punishment and harassment would improve morale. “The beating will continue until morale improves!”

It looks like President Trump has gone silent, not because twatter, bookface and doogle have publicly banned him and locked his accounts but because something is up and it has everyone scared shitless for the last week or so of his administration.

I’m thinking about Independence Day (the movie) when they get to Area 51 and the President asked why didn’t I know about this place and what’s really going on here, and the Chief of Staff or General CJCS (idk) says, “plausible deniability sir.” Right now it looks like an awful lot of “plausible deniability” is going on with resignations left and right and people calling out elected officials for dereliction of duty to support the President. If I was making an “enemies list” I’d want to know who’s on it before the hammer drops.

If Trump knows what happened to JFK, RFK, EM”Ted”K and MLK, I doubt that NP, JD, TC, MZ, SP and JB feel comfortable knowing that they have violated RICO acts and Interstate violations of commerce for so long many people just accepted the status quo. We know that Nancy has pushed deals to her husband and the governors of California for years about the high speed train to nowhere and billions have been wasted so she is probably complicit in some shady beltway deals that power and prestige have bestowed on her...enough to remain in power as a senile old drunken lady. She’s the J. Edgar Hoover of the House and has dirt on everyone.

Trump has always been five steps ahead of these shady characters since day one, how did he get so blinded by the lefts attempts to derail his re-election? Who believes Sleepy Joe and the Ho garnered the most votes in the history of US Elections? Over the person who garnered the ‘second’ most votes in US history for re-election (more than BHO was able to do in his re-election attempt?) Something is afoot and time is running out fast...maybe the reason Nancy P is demanding a 24 hour time constraint on the VP to give a thumbs up or thumbs down on 25 A, or for an impeachment process that just will not happen before Inauguration Day. I’m sure Trump will wear that Mr. “T” starter set chain around his neck proudly into his retirement or second term, whichever comes first.

If you have any questions about those two letter abbreviations above just connect Big Tech...NP is Nancy P. and JB is J. Bezos. There is a Cook, a Mark, a Jack and a Pichai. They are either freaking out right now and scared shitless or they feel powerful enough to commit a coup d’etat of a President who is wildly influential and popular amongst half the country. If I were Stacy Abrams right about now I’d be boarding an airplane to Nigeria and buying a wicker basket to wear on my head...If I were the governors and elections officials of five battleground states I’d be buying a one way plane ticket to a country that doesn’t have extradition agreements with the USA. Maybe it’s about time for the house of cards to finally come down...who was on the grassy knoll in Dallas? The FBI, the CIA or just some contract marksman and loyalist to the VP (LBJ) and his friends that profited well from the expansion of the Indo-China War and a policy of appeasement?

Wouldn’t it be great to know what really happened to TWA Flight 800, or Pan Am Flight 103? Or where Jimmy Hoffa’s body is and how Jeffery Epstein managed to break his neck in a five foot fall with a bed sheet or how Vince Foster managed to shoot himself in the head twice...where is Hunter Biden’s laptop?

JMO - YMMV

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)

Last edited by Old Dog New Trick; 01-11-2021 at 00:19.
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 04:52   #23
MrMojok
Asset

It is really sad to see SF people affected by QTardism and various other nonsense. You guys used to be the smart ones.

Trump has fought like this to stay in power because he's had people telling him for a long time that as soon as he loses the shield of Presidential immunity from prosecution, he's turbofucked.

That's it. That's all this is about. A criminal who is about to suffer consequences for the first time in his life, who is willing to do anything to avoid them.

It's not a lust for dictatorship, as some detractors have said, it's the absolute horror on his part at the idea of being held responsible for his own actions. This stimulant-addicted, pants-shitting retard had quite a run, but even he now wishes he hadn't won the presidency. He could have played golf, grifted off the rubes, and enjoyed the rest of his life.

Instead, everyone is going to see soon that Trump faced serious legal jeopardy long before Operation MAGA Insurrection; the attack on the Capitol of this country, with the intention to murder lawmakers, was only an effort to stay in office in order to avoid that legal jeopardy.

His "jokes" about staying on for four more years, eight more years, twelve more years, weren't jokes. He doesn't joke. He doesn't have a sense of humor like normal human beings, he intended to stay in power until death.

There is literally nothing he wouldn't have done to avoid the consequences of his own actions. He is the absolute opposite of every single value held dear by SF, or by any US military unit.

No one reading this will live long enough to see the foul stink of Trump washed off the Republican Party, no one reading this will see Trump rise as the head of any other party, and in ten or twelve years it will take a platoon of infantry stationed full time on his grave to keep people from pissing on it.

You guys should feel ashamed, and I think before each of you reaches the end of your time, you will.
MrMojok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 07:22   #24
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMojok View Post
It is really sad to see SF people affected by QTardism and various other nonsense. You guys used to be the smart ones.

Trump has fought like this to stay in power because he's had people telling him for a long time that as soon as he loses the shield of Presidential immunity from prosecution, he's turbofucked.

That's it. That's all this is about. A criminal who is about to suffer consequences for the first time in his life, who is willing to do anything to avoid them.

It's not a lust for dictatorship, as some detractors have said, it's the absolute horror on his part at the idea of being held responsible for his own actions. This stimulant-addicted, pants-shitting retard had quite a run, but even he now wishes he hadn't won the presidency. He could have played golf, grifted off the rubes, and enjoyed the rest of his life.

Instead, everyone is going to see soon that Trump faced serious legal jeopardy long before Operation MAGA Insurrection; the attack on the Capitol of this country, with the intention to murder lawmakers, was only an effort to stay in office in order to avoid that legal jeopardy.

His "jokes" about staying on for four more years, eight more years, twelve more years, weren't jokes. He doesn't joke. He doesn't have a sense of humor like normal human beings, he intended to stay in power until death.

There is literally nothing he wouldn't have done to avoid the consequences of his own actions. He is the absolute opposite of every single value held dear by SF, or by any US military unit.

No one reading this will live long enough to see the foul stink of Trump washed off the Republican Party, no one reading this will see Trump rise as the head of any other party, and in ten or twelve years it will take a platoon of infantry stationed full time on his grave to keep people from pissing on it.

You guys should feel ashamed, and I think before each of you reaches the end of your time, you will.
You may be very well right much of your statement but I’m curious what crimes you believe he has done? A simple list would be fine.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 07:23   #25
Swoop
Quiet Professional

Swoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 07:34   #26
Penn
Area Commander

MOJOK, your attack is a reminder of the great VDH angry reader replies who offer nothing, but vehemently enhanced dodo. No specifics, just accusation and dribble, enmeshed in anger, hate, and rejection. Further, your posting here, on this site and attacking the whole of the Brotherhood examples not moral outrage, but fear of the organizational ability contained within this body should SHTF.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 07:35   #27
Pete
Quiet Professional

Quote:
... Your post ...
LOL, TDS runs strong with you I see.

Waiting on your list of crimes.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 07:45   #28
Florida Patriot
Asset

Quote:

How much do you get paid by the DNC to troll conservative message boards?
You sound like a script from the MSNBC.
GTFO
If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

-- Samuel Adams --
Florida Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 08:28   #29
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

Quote:
Whole post.
The Trump presidency from 2016-2020 is an historical fact.
He appointed 3 Supreme Court justices.
He appointed many other federal judges.
He guided a prospering economy which will serve as a benchmark.
He rallied a great many Americans to a common cause.
Etc.

He may not get a second term, but in the big picture, he won.
Does it hurt?
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 09:02   #30
EricV
Guerrilla

Gotta laugh at this one. An "insurrection" by unarmed MAGA/Trump supporters?? Video out there now of gates being opened to allow people in to the building.

Throwing the word "Insurrection" out at people who plan such things must leave most of the guys here rolling their eyes.

And as for "murdering lawmakers", if only. In case you haven't heard,the trust level of Congress is now below that of used car salesman.

Meanwhile you dems have put us through four years of a phony Russia investigation that fortunately has exposed the corruption in the FBI/CIA/DOJ and lotsa other alphabet agencies.

Meanwhile the Brown shirt militia of the democratic party, ANTIFA and BLM roam the streets destroying private property and burning police stations. I'm wondering, with your background, are you providing training and support for these people??

Oh, and rumor has it that the march covered lotsa ops. That SF types "Liberated" something like 15 laptops under cover of MAGA. One can only hope.