Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 04-15-2022, 07:10   #91
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
David Lazarus at KTLA says the quiet part out loud.

They want a world where the Eloi think the Morlocks are just virtual.
I would gladly live life as a Morlock in a world where my prey is dead set on pretending that I don't exist.
Sweet sweet Eloi - slow roasted over a smokey fire pit with just a hint of tangy mustard based BBQ sauce...

...one can dream

The more disturbing and unfortunate truth is that the globalists and politicians living high on the taxpayer hog, have been filling the role of the Morlocks for at least a generation or two already...
...and those folks that believe everything they see or hear from the media - including those that think outlets like Fox, OAN, and Newsmax somehow represent mainstream conservatives - are little more than modern day Eloi.

Opinions may vary and since the current "thing" will only last until the weak minded are distracted by the next "thing" I suggest that everyone act now, order today, send money to save the victims of the current thing, batteries not included, mileage may vary, all sales are final, and if you act now you'll get a free "impeach Trump, get vaccinated, get boosted, GoJoe, free Ukraine, buildbackbetter, banghostguns, banbumpstocks, commonsenseguncontrol, eat the rich, save the whales, think green" lapel pin - its our way of saying "Thank you" for being a loyal supporter of the current thing.

Now get out there and vote early - vote often - vote hard - so we can defeat the evil conservatives so that the rest of you can plug into 'Zucks new virtual existence machine so you will never have to think for yourself again.

Go away now.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing

Last edited by Box; 04-15-2022 at 07:48.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 09:02   #92
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

Put on your tinfoil hats.

If there is any truth to the idea that the federal government is somehow involved with twitter, there are serious First Amendment implications.
Combine Musk taking the company private with subpoena power changing hands in Congress, and we might see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...out_offer.html
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 13:16   #93
Box
Quiet Professional

Lets be honest - does anybody REALLY think a partisan turnover in congress will make one single solitary bit of difference with the bullshit the government is pulling?

The people that sit on these oversight committees have stock in these companies. The people that write the legislation that regulates this industry have stock in this industry. The people that would go to jail are the ones that will be investigating the scandal.

...of course the US government is in bed with "big tech"

The folks at "American Thinker" that are acting like they have broken some sort of 'Wordridge and Barnsting' putlizer-prize-winning-earth-shaking scandal may as well be 10 year old Montessori school kids taking part in a 'great lesson' about aMErican government.

For shit sakes, if the involvement of social media over the last two elections isn't enough to show that the left is in bed with the tech industry in the ongoing marxist takeover of the USA, then it should be a lot easier to understand how a six foot mouse can run a 200 billion dollar propaganda network specializing in grooming children for the global pedophile network.
...or maybe its all just a big coincidence

On a completely unrelated topic, I am selling real estate plots on Ganymeade. In a few million years when the sun starts turning into a red giant, those plots are going to be worth WAY more than you paid for it.
I'm taking orders now - send me your money.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

Last edited by Box; 04-15-2022 at 13:22.
Old 04-15-2022, 19:59   #94
Badger52
Area Commander

Meh, I'm just glad to see someone resist the ubiquitous teri-yaki-dactyl sauce and baste those Eloi in something that makes them the star, without letting Bobby Flay and his pepper garden anywhere near them.
Bravo!

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 02:31   #95
MrMojok
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDiplomat View Post
You are a case in point for those intellectually incapable of defending their delicate minds from leftist disinformation and propaganda. I see you live in LA I hope you are enjoying Democrat policy in action. I almost agree with the idea of not allowing people who fall for the lies of the left losing their right to vote.

Have you wondered why Russia stood down while Trump was in power and aggressive when Obama was in office and then invaded under Bidens watch? An obvious clue...has to do with strength and weakness, projection of power...Afghanistan withdrawal....N Korea, Iran and China are also getting aggressive....I will wait for your response.

It is amazing that living in an insulated state where leftist have established a stronghold and wonderful MO's such as censorship of opposing views you have enough info to communicate at all. And yet even with deliberate Dem policies wreaking havoc on the society around you it seems you are blind to its effects and perhaps even voted for those responsible and will again.

The people here speak on a different plane of existence from experiences that you cannot and would not understand unless you walked in the shoes we have worn and seen and knew the things we know and understand that folks like yourself cannot comprehend.

I am curious since it is popular revisionism and to put it bluntly ignorant to believe but the leftist take on the great Democrat-Republican switch of the 60's in which allegedly LBJ's 1964 civil rights bill caused all the racists to switch to the Republican party despite the Dixiecrats (Of which Joe Biden supported) all but one standing by their guns for state rights and segregation. Just curious to what you have accepted as true.

I bet you believe every great war was a Republican concoction as well and that it is really the Republican warmongers an dnot the peaceful Democrats.

I look forward to bursting your bubble of mental illness of the liberalism you seem to accept as truth.
I am a child of the 70s. A lot of the folks I was around as a kid were Vietnam veterans, and a couple of them were Vietnam-era SF people (not SOG)

My experience from then and from my own military experience is that SF people are intelligent, almost without exception. Like, really, really smart. There is something in the pipeline that eliminates morons. This is something that has been made clear over and over on these boards by numerous posters, but you.... it's clear from every single sentence you wrote that you make a brick covered in shit look like a fucking Rhodes Scholar.

I suppose it's a reflection of the degradation of standards.
MrMojok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 07:03   #96
sfshooter
Quiet Professional

This ought to be interesting...

"I ask you sir, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people........" George Mason
sfshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 10:57   #97
Box
Quiet Professional

I am also child of the 70s. A lot of the folks I was around as a kid were kids of Vietnam veterans. A couple of them were even grandkids of WW2 veterans. None of the adults were of any particular motivational level to me - most of the WW2 vets in my neighborhood were drunkards and bigots - and most of the Vietnam vets seemed like drug addicts. Even a kid of the 70's was able to notice that behavior.
...but that's what you get in a city run by democrats

My experience from then and from my own military experience is that SF people are mirror images of their civilian counterparts. Not always intelligent, not always the paragon of goodness that their SF groupies paint them to be - and certainly not free of sin.
-almost without exception. In fact, most of them have been really, really huge smart-asses.

I wish there was something in the pipeline that eliminates morons but there isn't. Anyone that says otherwise is a liar. The fact that I made it through the pipeline on my first try without actually feeling as though I had been all that emotionally OR physically challenged is a testament to how easy the pipeline really is.

It seems like the only people that have a problem properly describing the pipeline are the ones that probably weren't all that worthy in the first place.
...or they weren't smart enough to fool their peers as well as I have over my 25 years in Special Forces.

SF guys are mostly one big band of collectively self centered stupid fucks - otherwise, they'd have ALL seen through my charade DECADES ago and run me off before I ever made it to team week. After all, me AND the current CJCS made it through the pipeline - so it cant be completely perfect.
That complete lack of perfection is something that has been made clear over and over on these boards by numerous posters.
Or maybe it takes one to know one - who knows.

It also seems like the ones that have the bestest and most smartest insights into what makes a "good" SF guy are the ones that never seemed to graduate from the SFQC in the first place.

It's clear from every single sentence that some people write - is that the biggest difference between the shittiest dumbest laziest shit brick SF guy and the smartest wiserest coolerest toughterest bestest barrel chested freedom fighter from the conventional military is that one of them has a green beret...
...and has people on this forum that actually get a kick out of reading their opinionated shit brick postings.

I suppose it's a reflection of the degradation of this boards standards when it comes to dealing with trolls.

Oh - and to keep this thread on topic - Elon Musk - Elon Musk is currently pulling big techs chain.

This message has been brought to you by a shitty SF guy that slipped though every crack in the boardwalk while simultaneously skirting every possible standard that he could.
...and by the letters "F" and "O"

Last edited by Box; 04-20-2022 at 11:21.
Old 04-20-2022, 14:42   #98
sg1987
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMojok View Post

I suppose it's a reflection of the degradation of standards.
Perhaps thou art masochistic?
Old 04-20-2022, 14:46   #99
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

Special Forces/Green Beret:

Is the WHITE HOUSE Easter Bunny an SF Green Beret ? asking for a friend....
Old 04-22-2022, 02:33   #100
MrMojok
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
I am also child of the 70s. A lot of the folks I was around as a kid were kids of Vietnam veterans. A couple of them were even grandkids of WW2 veterans. None of the adults were of any particular motivational level to me - most of the WW2 vets in my neighborhood were drunkards and bigots - and most of the Vietnam vets seemed like drug addicts. Even a kid of the 70's was able to notice that behavior.
...but that's what you get in a city run by democrats

My experience from then and from my own military experience is that SF people are mirror images of their civilian counterparts. Not always intelligent, not always the paragon of goodness that their SF groupies paint them to be - and certainly not free of sin.
-almost without exception. In fact, most of them have been really, really huge smart-asses.

I wish there was something in the pipeline that eliminates morons but there isn't. Anyone that says otherwise is a liar. The fact that I made it through the pipeline on my first try without actually feeling as though I had been all that emotionally OR physically challenged is a testament to how easy the pipeline really is.

It seems like the only people that have a problem properly describing the pipeline are the ones that probably weren't all that worthy in the first place.
...or they weren't smart enough to fool their peers as well as I have over my 25 years in Special Forces.

SF guys are mostly one big band of collectively self centered stupid fucks - otherwise, they'd have ALL seen through my charade DECADES ago and run me off before I ever made it to team week. After all, me AND the current CJCS made it through the pipeline - so it cant be completely perfect.
That complete lack of perfection is something that has been made clear over and over on these boards by numerous posters.
Or maybe it takes one to know one - who knows.

It also seems like the ones that have the bestest and most smartest insights into what makes a "good" SF guy are the ones that never seemed to graduate from the SFQC in the first place.

It's clear from every single sentence that some people write - is that the biggest difference between the shittiest dumbest laziest shit brick SF guy and the smartest wiserest coolerest toughterest bestest barrel chested freedom fighter from the conventional military is that one of them has a green beret...
...and has people on this forum that actually get a kick out of reading their opinionated shit brick postings.

I suppose it's a reflection of the degradation of this boards standards when it comes to dealing with trolls.

Oh - and to keep this thread on topic - Elon Musk - Elon Musk is currently pulling big techs chain.

This message has been brought to you by a shitty SF guy that slipped though every crack in the boardwalk while simultaneously skirting every possible standard that he could.

This is not only the greatest post I've seen on here, it's the greatest post I've seen on any message board ever.

I apologize for offending SF people here, Elon is indeed pulling the chain, and I won't be posting here ever again. I am done.
MrMojok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 13:06   #101
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMojok View Post
This is not only the greatest post I've seen on here, it's the greatest post I've seen on any message board ever.

I apologize for offending SF people here, Elon is indeed pulling the chain, and I won't be posting here ever again. I am done.

Good riddance...dont let your ego and arrogance hit you in your ass on the way out of here
Old 04-25-2022, 09:30   #102
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post

Bahahahaha...That's why I Luv You Guys.....

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 13:40   #103
Box
Quiet Professional

I just realized that this was a "Soapbox" thread - I thought I had been posting in "The Comedy Zone"
As the prototypical average SF guy with a questionable work ethic and dime store moral compass - none of you should be surprised at my shoddy work.

Regardless, now I feel like Darryl Walker - a childlike man that stumbles onto a method of making his clothes bulletproof and uses that knowledge to transform himself into what is quite possibly the most untalented and low budget superhero of all time...
...BLANKMAN

I would like to apologize for what might is clearly an improperly posted display of unsanctioned snarcasm (a dangerous cocktail of sarcasm and snark). In the words of that timeless low budget superhero, BLANKMAN...
...Slap me around and call me Susan.

Apology accepted?
Who knows?
Who cares?
Whatever.
That is all.

Last edited by Box; 04-25-2022 at 13:44.
Old 04-25-2022, 15:24   #104
7624U
Quiet Professional

BEARMAN died a few years back another useless hero

https://www.vice.com/en/article/evk3...we-should-live

"Me"

Last edited by 7624U; 04-25-2022 at 15:26.
7624U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 17:09   #105
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

I might renew my Twitter subscription after today.

Brilliant play Elon, brilliant!

Hope the platform becomes a place where liberals heads explode and conservatives can promote their constitutional conspiracy theories without being shut down and canceled.

Now, what is it about mRNA vaccines and their efficacy?

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote