Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 01-12-2021, 22:01   #76
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by GratefulCitizen View Post
He has the resources and daring to start up server systems and social media which competes with big tech.
There is a substantial market share which is being foolishly discarded.

This is how Fox News grew so quickly.

Money is money.
If Musk were to chase this, investors would flock to it.
Let’s do a quick survey. How many current Silicon Valley Tech companies like FB, Twatter, and Goodle, have their own space program and can launch their own or other private communications satellites into orbit?

Gee, I don’t even think Amazing.com (Ama7_0n) can do that?

P.S. Not that I’d want to give that much power to Musk, but he could.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 22:19   #77
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post
P.S. Not that I’d want to give that much power to Musk, but he could.
Well, he is a South African and has seen what has happened in his country of birth. I like him so far, but he hasn't challenged the Green New Deal proponents to answer where the electricity for his electric cars is going to come from. He's smart, he knows that solar and wind will not work. He knows the answers, he just hasn't asked the questions yet. I'm neutral on him at the moment.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 23:20   #78
uplink5
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMojok View Post
You guys should feel ashamed, and I think before each of you reaches the end of your time, you will.
Really? Troll much MrMojok?

Are you sure you're in the right place for spewing your venom. I'm sure you're all over many social media sites vomiting this dribble, just cant imagine this being a captive audience for ya.

Stay safe Brothers! Wannabe Pol Pot window lickers like MrMojok are feeling empowered. LMAO.....

Thomas Jefferson

"The scene changes but the aspirations of men of good will persist."

Vannevar Bush
uplink5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 12:22   #79
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
Parler isn't the only escape route (that it is suggested that it is is suspicious in itself). I like Gab better because it's easier to use. There is also Minds.
I'm on Parler and just got on Gab but it's so slow because a lot of people who were kicked off Twatter are going on there. Lol I was silenced on Twatter, but set up a new account. It's hilarious on there, they suspend accounts that don't jive with their philosophy or "woke" behavior. Social media, all controlled by Stashi trash tactics and they have no problem silencing free speech. What a mess it all is right now.

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 20:48   #80
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

I’ve been telling people who are concerned to focus on real world relationships with people in their geographical area.
Develop those relationships and learn who is trustworthy/competent.

Enough connection remains to disseminate truthful information over larger distances.
The answer to this centralized power grab is decentralization of the people.

Big tech and the left can cover their eyes and plug their ears all they want.
The common ideas and belief systems which they so abhor will remain.
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 01:23   #81
MrMojok
Asset

Quote:
It is really sad to see SF people affected by QTardism and various other nonsense. You guys used to be the smart ones.

Trump has fought like this to stay in power because he's had people telling him for a long time that as soon as he loses the shield of Presidential immunity from prosecution, he's turbofucked.

That's it. That's all this is about. A criminal who is about to suffer consequences for the first time in his life, who is willing to do anything to avoid them.

It's not a lust for dictatorship, as some detractors have said, it's the absolute horror on his part at the idea of being held responsible for his own actions. This stimulant-addicted, pants-shitting retard had quite a run, but even he now wishes he hadn't won the presidency. He could have played golf, grifted off the rubes, and enjoyed the rest of his life.

Instead, everyone is going to see soon that Trump faced serious legal jeopardy long before Operation MAGA Insurrection; the attack on the Capitol of this country, with the intention to murder lawmakers, was only an effort to stay in office in order to avoid that legal jeopardy.

His "jokes" about staying on for four more years, eight more years, twelve more years, weren't jokes. He doesn't joke. He doesn't have a sense of humor like normal human beings, he intended to stay in power until death.

There is literally nothing he wouldn't have done to avoid the consequences of his own actions. He is the absolute opposite of every single value held dear by SF, or by any US military unit.

No one reading this will live long enough to see the foul stink of Trump washed off the Republican Party, no one reading this will see Trump rise as the head of any other party, and in ten or twelve years it will take a platoon of infantry stationed full time on his grave to keep people from pissing on it.

You guys should feel ashamed, and I think before each of you reaches the end of your time, you will.
Now that we've got Fox news, OAN, and Newsmax full-on supporting Putin's war of aggression, and in the wake of Trump changing the GOP platform to water down support for Ukraine and literally being impeached over withholding support for Ukraine unless he did him "a favor." where do we stand on this now, SF guys?
MrMojok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 02:27   #82
Last hard class
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Now that we've got Fox news, OAN, and Newsmax full-on supporting Putin's war of aggression, and in the wake of Trump changing the GOP platform to water down support for Ukraine and literally being impeached over withholding support for Ukraine unless he did him "a favor." where do we stand on this now, SF guys?
The late Saturday night angry post. If driving on the street you would be given a sobriety test.

OLD SF -Marine joke:

Marines: Men, There is a 60 Cal. nest on the top of the hill with 50 bullets. There are 51 of us. Let's charge the hill and the last man standing take him out.

SF TS:

Men, there is a 60 Cal. nest on the top of the hill with 50 bullets. We will stay down here and yell some words without vowels so they think the marines are charging the hill. Two of you go up the back side and take them out. We will meet you at the top

While I can't speak for Box and Friends, personally, I think you should do a little more homework before posting. Here are some ideas:

1) Past 2 Presidents & anti-tank weapons. Who did, who didn't?

2) The Bummer & Crimea 2014. Did he honor our agreement?

3) Russia invaded Ukraine. Yet your boy Bidet is still holding back sanctions?

4) Hunter B... Never mind. I suspect you won't successfully navigate this far.

LHC
Old 02-27-2022, 09:05   #83
EricV
Guerrilla

And still no list of Crimes...
Old 02-27-2022, 18:15   #84
Box
Quiet Professional

Whatever happens, we need to make sure that Ukraine retains its ability to launder Hunters money...

I'm also pretty sure we have enough time before the 2022 elections to get Romney, Burr, Murkowski, and the rest of the band back together for a 3rd impeachment. There's still time.
Let's do it.
It will prevent Bush and Obama from inviting Ukraine into NATO - it will push Russia out of Crimea, and it will cure male pattern baldness.

IMPEACH NOW
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 10:20   #85
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

Quote:
I see an outstanding business opportunity for Elon Musk.
Looks like Elon saw it, too.

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/elon-musk-twitter
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 13:06   #86
rsdengler
Area Commander

The Left crying over this, it's hilarious. Twitter at this moment is all about blocking free speech. Lol, it would be so funny if he did win out in the end.

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 13:21   #87
Box
Quiet Professional

When you have 270 billion dollars and someone is pissing you off - 40 billion dollars really doesn't seem like that big of a deal.

When you consider the paltry wages I get for the small bit of work that I do - just the cost of a bag full of rock salt to throw on someones grass at 3am can take a toll on your finances...
...but when you can afford to launch a fucking sports car into outer space because you think its funny - well - fuck it - lets do a hostile takeover, you know, for laughs.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 14:24   #88
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
You are a case in point for those intellectually incapable of defending their delicate minds from leftist disinformation and propaganda. I see you live in LA I hope you are enjoying Democrat policy in action. I almost agree with the idea of not allowing people who fall for the lies of the left losing their right to vote.

Have you wondered why Russia stood down while Trump was in power and aggressive when Obama was in office and then invaded under Bidens watch? An obvious clue...has to do with strength and weakness, projection of power...Afghanistan withdrawal....N Korea, Iran and China are also getting aggressive....I will wait for your response.

It is amazing that living in an insulated state where leftist have established a stronghold and wonderful MO's such as censorship of opposing views you have enough info to communicate at all. And yet even with deliberate Dem policies wreaking havoc on the society around you it seems you are blind to its effects and perhaps even voted for those responsible and will again.

The people here speak on a different plane of existence from experiences that you cannot and would not understand unless you walked in the shoes we have worn and seen and knew the things we know and understand that folks like yourself cannot comprehend.

I am curious since it is popular revisionism and to put it bluntly ignorant to believe but the leftist take on the great Democrat-Republican switch of the 60's in which allegedly LBJ's 1964 civil rights bill caused all the racists to switch to the Republican party despite the Dixiecrats (Of which Joe Biden supported) all but one standing by their guns for state rights and segregation. Just curious to what you have accepted as true.

I bet you believe every great war was a Republican concoction as well and that it is really the Republican warmongers an dnot the peaceful Democrats.

I look forward to bursting your bubble of mental illness of the liberalism you seem to accept as truth.

Last edited by WarriorDiplomat; 04-14-2022 at 14:33.
WarriorDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 14:54   #89
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Andrew Torba at Gab has also made Musk an offer...

THE interesting tidbit:
Quote:
What we are missing at the moment is an ISP. I fear that the next big leap of censorship is at the ISP level, with ISP’s blocking access to Gab.com. You solve that problem with Starlink. Together we can build infrastructure for a free speech internet.

I am willing to offer you a Board seat along with equity in the company in exchange for you selling your Twitter position and investing $2B into Gab. My offer is my best and final offer.

Gab has extraordinary potential. Let’s unlock it together.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 15:21   #90
Badger52
Area Commander

And the Zuckbuck Metaverse scam

David Lazarus at KTLA says the quiet part out loud.

Quote:
Facebook’s parent, Meta, revealed this week that a core business goal in developing a virtual-reality “metaverse” is to make money from digital transactions.

Now the company is acknowledging that it plans to take a cut of almost half of all money changing hands.

A Meta spokesperson tells CNBC that the company will take an overall cut of up to 47.5% on each metaverse transaction.

That includes a “hardware platform fee” of 30% for sales made through the Meta Quest Store, where Meta sells apps and games for its virtual-reality headsets.

There’s also a 17.5% fee just for, well, playing in Meta’s digital playground.

The social-media behemoth is a leading force behind creation of a VR-powered online environment that promises to be like walking around in a video game or cartoon. Think of it as the web on steroids.

Meta intends to cash in on users seeking to customize their online personas, or avatars, with digital clothing and accessories.

Which is to say, it wants people to spend real money for make-believe goods that have no value in the real world.

This sort of thing is now common in video games, but on a relatively small scale. Meta and other metaverse proponents are hoping to make such digital sales a core part of people’s online lives.

Citi bank, for one, estimates that the metaverse economy could be worth as much as $13 trillion by 2030.

But Meta taking almost half of each online transaction? That doesn’t sit well with some folk. Twitter comments have been almost uniformly negative.

Development of the metaverse is now guided primarily by wishful thinking. It apparently depends on widespread adoption of virtual-reality headsets, which has yet to happen, and on millions of users being cool with spending real money on things that don’t exist in the real world.
They want a world where the Eloi think the Morlocks are just virtual.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote