Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 10-08-2023, 12:52   #1
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Gaza War Discussion

I'm surprised no discussion of this yet. Starting a thread for it.
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2023, 14:03   #2
Joker
Quiet Professional

Hamas is a Designated Foreign Terrorist Organization. Anyone in the US that is supporting or “coordinating” with them, or Hezbollah, should be prosecuted under US law.

Iran funds and directs both DTOs, so the same applies.

The WH and DoS should be held accountable.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2023, 14:20   #3
DirtyNastyLeg
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker View Post
Hamas is a Designated Foreign Terrorist Organization. Anyone in the US that is supporting or “coordinating” with them, or Hezbollah, should be prosecuted under US law.

Iran funds and directs both DTOs, so the same applies.

The WH and DoS should be held accountable.
Amen...
DirtyNastyLeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2023, 15:37   #4
Airbornelawyer

The fact that many victims in one of the more prominent terrorist attacks were non-Israelis attending a concert for "peace" ought to be a wake-up call. But it won't be.
Airbornelawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2023, 17:09   #5
mojaveman
Area Commander

Two members of Hamas per paraglider, each armed with an AK was pretty creative. There is a video online of a number of them making an airmobile assualt on an objective in Israel.

Say goodbye to the Gaza Strip...

Last edited by mojaveman; 10-08-2023 at 20:28.
mojaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2023, 18:04   #6
Penn
Area Commander

How does the most threaten country on the planet armed with one of the most active intel apparatuses in the world miss the development of the Hamas attack? It’s a system wide failure, unlike our 9/11, which was rumored, expressed, and expected at some point.
From the video’s broadcasted there seemed to be hundreds of single manned paragliders, surely their training would have attracted attention, unless paragliding is all the rage in the West Bank, not to mention that dual used motorized parasailing in the USA, requires a license, because it's dangerous. only mention to illustrate a dually assassin team requires even more training and airtime.
With that in mind, the training and planning was not conducted in an observable AO, but most likely was conducted in a neighboring state far from view and closely held. Certainly, there are other possibilities, but what are the chances that this was allowed to happen?
Imo, there are just to many moving parts (AS&L) to grease for the attack to not have been telegraphed/exposed.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2023, 21:02   #7
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

Hamas stirs up chaos.
Israel responds.

All sorts of non-Hamas people get caught up in the crossfire.
Diplomatic progress Israel was making with various Arab nations in the region gets stalled.

Iran benefits.
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2023, 21:26   #8
bubba
Quiet Professional

I am not a huge fan of Iran or their proxies. They have murdered more than their fair share of innocent civilians to bolster their position (s) in the region, not to mention the multitude of close personal Friends we all have lost in Iraq and Syria.

That said, I ultimately find Saudi as the real issue in the region. The reason they were / are warming to the thoughts of “peace” with Israel and opening diplomatic talks centers around their (rightful) paranoia of Iran. The completely inept and out-classed Saudi “army” would get its ass handed to it by Iran, and they know it.

The talks were centered around Saudi relieving pressure on its Western Flank in anticipation of Iranian resurgence as a regional (conventional) power. The Saudi “navy” has no chance of keeping the shipping lanes open for their only source of domestic income, and by extension, their only method of maintaining internal peace through bribes of the tribes (rhyme not intended but it kinda works here).

Now that the US is leaving the Gulf (we rarely have an Aircraft Carrier in the gulf) and the safety that provides the oil market, anything that they can do to curtail Iranian power in the region is only to their benefit. If that means they either allow for, or indirectly / directly start a war in which the US becomes re-engaged is to their benefit.

Add in the pirate / smuggler (failed) nations of Yemen and Somalia and the calculus of the Saudi Kingdom is correctly assessed as one of dire straits…….

The only real solution that the US should attempt in the region is complete disengagement with all Islamic nations. In one word. Leave. Stay with Israel and their righteous fight against these dirt-worshiping heathens, but as for the rest of this shit hole, let them sort it out on their own.
“Use teamwork and control. A squad without teamwork and control is nothing more than a small mob with weapons. Success depends on a high level of teamwork and control within the squad.” — pg. 3-596 STP 7-11BCHM-SM-TG

“Let’s go Brandon!” — Kelli Stavast

"...I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere.” — Thomas Jefferson

When the Revolution goes “live”, the People I’m worried about, are NOT the People I worry about. — Me

Last edited by bubba; 10-08-2023 at 21:36.
bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 05:02   #9
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba View Post
I am not a huge fan of Iran or their proxies.

The only real solution that the US should attempt in the region is complete disengagement with all Islamic nations.

In one word. Leave.

Stay with Israel and their righteous fight against these dirt-worshiping heathens, but as for the rest of this shit hole, let them sort it out on their own.
1000% agreed

Note: Biden gives Iran 6 Bazzillian in a prisoner exchange
Iran gives it to Hamas to be used against Israel

Coincidence? No..

I am not sure I would even blink if Israel turned a large chunk of that area into a glass factory.

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 06:15   #10
Paslode
Area Commander

Least we forget that Obama approved a billion plus dollar transfer to Iran, it was also during his tenure that the Arab Spring took place, the Benghazi debacle and he embraced the Muslim Brotherhood.

This latest catastrophe in Israel seems like another continuation of the process via Obama's 3rd Term through the Biden Administration.
Old 10-09-2023, 18:05   #11
PRB
Quiet Professional

Israel must act as if no hostages were taken....announce all non combatants must leave Gaza within 48 hours...then level the place. Kill every remaining ind. Occupy the territory and annex it.

Otherwise they will deal with this every few years.
PRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 19:03   #12
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRB View Post
Israel must act as if no hostages were taken....announce all non combatants must leave Gaza within 48 hours...then level the place. Kill every remaining ind. Occupy the territory and annex it.

Otherwise they will deal with this every few years.
Depopulating the area would be the most effective solution.
It’s against the Geneva convention, but Israel’s legislature never ratified it.

As the conflict escalates, interested oil-producing states will start using their leverage.
Energy prices and inflation will spread the pain to the whole world.
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 19:14   #13
PRB
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by GratefulCitizen View Post
Depopulating the area would be the most effective solution.
It’s against the Geneva convention, but Israel’s legislature never ratified it.

As the conflict escalates, interested oil-producing states will start using their leverage.
Energy prices and inflation will spread the pain to the whole world.
The Saudi's don't give a shit about Palestinians nor Gaza...nor do the Jordanians. That group has brought them nothing trouble...on the down low they would be happy to see them eradicated.
PRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 20:17   #14
bubba
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRB View Post
The Saudi's don't give a shit about Palestinians nor Gaza...nor do the Jordanians.
I would say the exact opposite is true. The Saudis and Jordanians are terrified of the Palestinians (Iranian proxy). This situation is a win-win for the Saudi’s, and only them.

Israel’s hyper-competent (albeit small) army will not threaten the KSA, will eliminate the threat, and in the meanwhile, the bump in revenues will help with their internal strife. Through in a potential US return to the region and it’s a Saudi Hat-Trick.

The Jordanian Military can handle itself and also is no threat to Saudi. The Jordanians just want to be left alone (for the most part) and are likely capable of handling Iran’s UW shock force, but don’t want that kind of problem if they can avoid it.

If someone told me they had information saying that the Saudis were somehow laundering money to Hamas so this would happen, I would believe it. They can, and have done shit like that before and for the same reasoning.

But I still stand by my solution. Leave.
“Use teamwork and control. A squad without teamwork and control is nothing more than a small mob with weapons. Success depends on a high level of teamwork and control within the squad.” — pg. 3-596 STP 7-11BCHM-SM-TG

“Let’s go Brandon!” — Kelli Stavast

"...I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere.” — Thomas Jefferson

When the Revolution goes “live”, the People I’m worried about, are NOT the People I worry about. — Me

Last edited by bubba; 10-09-2023 at 20:22.
bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 09:20   #15
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
We need Charles to finish up what he started 1291 years ago.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10599461_10203144982926249_2221935131816982169_n.jpg (60.6 KB, 57 views)

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote