Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Comedy Zone

Old 06-09-2021, 10:47   #1
Box
Quiet Professional

Profiles in the Art of Awesome

I'd like to share a little bit about Army 1st Sergeant Nick Ramen - a man whose spirit of innovation continues to provide simple, nourishing delight to billions of people.

Army 1st Sergeant Nick Ramen - a man of action. There isn’t any sweet nougaty center here – tough as nails all the way to the core. He was born in 1970 and has become increasingly well known around the world. Women everywhere fawned over him, men all envied his grit, College kids everywhere look to him when things are tight. His wife Demae was a real beauty; born in Hong Kong in 1969, her maiden name was Itcho. She came from a huge family and Nick fit right in. The NCOs that fearlessly followed him into battle respectfully referred to him as ‘Top’ – the younger enlisted soldiers loved having him around, but they wouldn’t dare call him ‘Top’ – if you didn’t have chevrons, it was always safer to call him ‘First Sergeant’ calling him Top was a sure fire way to find your self in hot water.

Top was the youngest American to ever earn a Black Belt in the Korean Martial art of Shin Ramyun; earning the honor on 1 October 1986, just a few months after he turned 16. A lethal and dynamic art, it was said, "Shin Ramyun can make a man cry." In China, fans of Shin Ramyun would paraphrase an old Mao Zedong quote to describe the effects of Shin Ramyun – “He who cannot handle spice is not a true man

(that’s real shit – don’t believe me? Google up “He who cannot handle spice is not a true man” and see if you don’t learn something about Shin Ramyun)

Top continued to dominate competitive martial arts throughout high school and competed against Japanese crowd favorite Sapporo Ichiban and Korean Champ, Budae Jjigae. Even heavy weights like Smith & Jones were no match for 1SG Ramen once you got him boiling. By the time he ended his tour as a green Beret in Okinawa in 2011, he had risen to the rank of 5th Degree Black Belt. His peers would often say that sparring with him was like getting run over by a Nissin truck.

1SG Nick Ramen - a total package and not a man that you should get aggressive with. Nobody knows this better than a Bangladeshi named Maggi after the beating he took when he once challenged Nick to a fight in front of a large group of Soldiers...

“Are you Chicken, Top Ramen”
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing

Last edited by Box; 06-09-2021 at 10:56.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 11:30   #2
7624U
Quiet Professional

Aw yes I agree the masters of the art of Shin Ramyun was something great to see especially on the longer duration FTX!

The subtle but deadly art of Kraft Ramyum now practiced by many old Korean woman I would argue will cause the simple Shin Ranyun to look pale in comparison, Who can argue with ancient wisdom like...

"You like Cheesy Ramen"

"Me"
7624U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 11:39   #3
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
He was born in 1970...
Was CISO doing gain-of-function experiments with the IPR?

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 11:44   #4
7624U
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
here is your answer badger
Attached Images
File Type: jpg corba kai.jpg (37.6 KB, 54 views)

"Me"
7624U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 11:47   #5
Box
Quiet Professional

The story of Army 1st Sergeant Nick Ramen was inspired by true events.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

Old 06-09-2021, 12:15   #6
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
The Committee for International Shin-Ramyun Operatives (CISO) was in fact doing a very detailed restructuring of their business model. As you are aware, Nick Ramen didnt become famous until he became a 1SG. For years and years - LONG before Nick became famous, the Committee for International Shin-Ramyun Operatives (CISO) was looking for ways to stay competitive while limiting the amount of Master Sergeants in their ranks. (In other words, they wanted a lower amount of MSG without a degradation of quality)

Nick didn't really gain widespread recognition until he was able to leave MSG behind. With no MSG, Top Ramen was stripped down to the essential goodness that we all came to know and love.

I'm surprised you didn't know this.

Old 06-09-2021, 14:45   #7
cbtengr
Area Commander

But wasn't there a scandal involving Miss Kim Chee?
Old 06-09-2021, 19:29   #8
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
I'm surprised you didn't know this.
Thanks for clearing my head of all the Šljivovica involved in trying to figure that out. I was never read in for that but could smell "Ben" Baker's hand a mile away. You'd hear spicy little things from time to time, each one a bit different, some more or less robust than the last. I had a feeling that IPR concept was destined for greatness.
It's good that this comes to light. The world needs to know!

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Old 06-09-2021, 19:43   #9
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7624U View Post
here is your answer badger
LOL.

Old 06-09-2021, 21:39   #10
sfshooter
Quiet Professional

Ahh, I am reminded of a time I spent in South Korea (I believe this was before Nick became a first sergeant), a young GI out on FTX could do a little searching throughout the day and find the Ajima (Old Lady) practitioners of the art of Shin Ramyun following the vast groups of soldiers in the field. They were more than willing to share their knowledge of this art but for the small price of 1 US issued Meal, Ready to Eat, complete and unopened. The sharing of this Shin Ramyun art so invigorated them that they would also throw in a moon pie and coke with this shared knowledge. On, extremely lucky days, if the conditions were right, a fried egg would also top (no pun intended towards the renowned first sergeant) things off.

"I ask you sir, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people........" George Mason
sfshooter is offline   Reply With Quote