Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Arena

Old 08-31-2020, 09:51   #1
Badger52
Area Commander

Why people are "done"

(Meme h/t to a user over at Snugbus)

Imagine being a 14-yo girl that was raped & wake up to see NFL sporting your rapist's name on their gear.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Drew-Brees.jpg (104.7 KB, 144 views)

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 15:32   #2
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

THE PRO SPORT'S:

I am Still waiting for the NBA players & owners to show their SUPPORT FOR HONG KONG...Why doesn't king james say something about the oppression in China...??? COULD IT BE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.....??????? WAITING.
Old 08-31-2020, 15:56   #3
Sohei
Area Commander

Male with a mangina masquerading around as a man!

Clownish coward who can't stand by what he said so he kowtowed to the pressure.

What a sac of pus!
Sohei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 17:23   #4
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

When you don’t know what to stand for you’ll pretty much stand for anything!

Sports and me are “done” again, even hockey has succumbed political (IN)correctness.

Buh-Bye!!! Won’t miss you!

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 19:17   #5
JGC2
Quiet Professional

I grew up adoring sports. I played them year round and in college, and then as an adult watching sports was my favorite hobby.

About five years ago I quit cold turkey. It was the most liberating thing I have ever done. I realized I have no respect or adoration for these people anymore, and I didn't want me or my children to be anything like them. Their behavior from 2016-2019 and especially in 2020 has proved me right.

In my opinion, we've moved past the point of "I don't watch sports anymore" and into the realm of "I mock people who do."

If you subsidize these clowns and their handlers and owners being grotesquely wealthy and influential in our moral cesspool of a society, you are equally part of the problem. Full stop. Just quit caring about them and tell everyone you know to do the same, and while we may not be able to end this nonsense right away it is at least a step in the right direction.
Old 08-31-2020, 22:32   #6
PSM
Area Commander

^^^ The best thing is that it's freed up weekends and several days of the week. Look how much times we've re-gained in our lives. With the baseball strike in the 90s (?), we checked out our local CA League teams and surrounding high schools, including our son's, of course. We may do that with local HS football this year. Turns out that there's a bit of a nostalgic feeling when watching little leaguers take the field. Especially in a small town.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 23:04   #7
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGC2 View Post
I grew up adoring sports. I played them year round and in college, and then as an adult watching sports was my favorite hobby.

About five years ago I quit cold turkey. It was the most liberating thing I have ever done. I realized I have no respect or adoration for these people anymore, and I didn't want me or my children to be anything like them. Their behavior from 2016-2019 and especially in 2020 has proved me right.

In my opinion, we've moved past the point of "I don't watch sports anymore" and into the realm of "I mock people who do."

If you subsidize these clowns and their handlers and owners being grotesquely wealthy and influential in our moral cesspool of a society, you are equally part of the problem. Full stop. Just quit caring about them and tell everyone you know to do the same, and while we may not be able to end this nonsense right away it is at least a step in the right direction.
don't give in to the world view that the anti american democrats want you to have. do not give in to despair. college sports, while it has it's issues, is still worth watching. IMHO.
Old 09-01-2020, 05:56   #8
JGC2
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc_123 View Post
don't give in to the world view that the anti american democrats want you to have. do not give in to despair. college sports, while it has it's issues, is still worth watching. IMHO.
Don't confuse my emotion with despair, it was disgust. This was one of the best decisions I ever made. I've tripled the amount of reading and time spent with my children that I've been able to do since it.

Not to mention, no, college sports are not worth watching either. Do you follow Tiger Droppings (SEC Football Talk)? Colleges, even Southern ones, are on the front lines of pushing Marxist SJW nonsense on our country.

Hard pass.

Last edited by JGC2; 09-01-2020 at 06:03.
JGC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 07:57   #9
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGC2 View Post
I grew up adoring sports...

You are my anti-sportsball hero.

Multimillionaires with college degrees from some of the worlds most prestigious universities - preaching to the rest of us about oppression and privilege.
...all the while - you cant go more than a few weeks without a news story on some sort of corruption in big-money sportsball.

-Staff members fined or placed on probation for committing academic fraud on behalf of athletes at places like UNC (who got away with if for 18 years), UGA, Georgia Southern, Florida State, etc etc
-Countless snippets of domestic abuse by multimillionaires
-Drug abuse
-sex workers to recruit players
-Blind eyes turned towards performance enhancing drugs
-cheating scandals that cant even be tracked anymore (looking at you Saints and Patriots and Astros)
-and now of course, there is the glorification of violent criminals

Then they like to preach about their humanity while collecting millions of dollars in advertising revenue on the backs of Chinese sweatshops...
...signal your virtue Nike - we just love that shit

I drifted into the realm of one who mocks sportsball way back when they began holding sportsball seasons hostage because there weren't enough millions in their renegotiated contracts.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing

Last edited by Box; 09-01-2020 at 08:04.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 09:12   #10
tonyz
Area Commander

The NFL and the NBA player rosters are heavy (>80%) minority.

The percent of players who are millionaires is substantial.

Professional sports leagues are essentially pure meritocracies.

In leagues that reflect a true meritocracy for talent and hard work in order to even get there...are these millionaires really calling for more affirmative action and diversity (less minorities) for their own rosters?

Would artificial and forced diversity - essentially weakening teams - in order to “look” more like America make their teams stronger?

I didn’t think so.

These folks are idiots and ideologues.

The unrest is a power grab pure and simple.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 09:23   #11
rsdengler
Area Commander

They can take those "inscribed" helmets and shove it up their "oppressed" millionaire asses. I'm sick of this bs being shoved down our throats. Many of them are the biggest hypocrites, abusers, drug addicts, thieves, cry baby diaper wearing criminals and idiots that don't deserve accolades. They don't even play the game any longer to "just play". This is getting tiresome.....

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 09:48   #12
bblhead672
Area Commander

All professional sports are dead to me, including the ones masquerading as amateurs at the collegiate level.

I just shake my head at friends and relatives who are still addicted to these marxist organizations who used to be about entertainment of their supporters.
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 17:07   #13
Gypsy
Area Commander

The only sport I was watching was hockey. Now that was ruined for me too.
Old 09-01-2020, 18:46   #14
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Take the newfound free time and spend it outdoors and "doing", not watching.

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 04:47   #15
frostfire
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz View Post
are these millionaires really calling for more affirmative action and diversity (less minorities) for their own rosters?

Would artificial and forced diversity - essentially weakening teams - in order to “look” more like America make their teams stronger?

I didn’t think so.
I've been highlighting the lack of diversity and inclusiveness in NBA and NFL to my woke colleagues for quite some time now. I argue I want NBA and NFL need to reflect America more! I don't see any or enough Asians, South Asians, Hispanic and Native American. Said colleagues always dodged out of the hypocrisy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret10Echo View Post
Take the newfound free time and spend it outdoors and "doing", not watching.
Yesss! Never a better time to spend outdoors and build lead-slinging proficiency.

I never forget the match director who placed a national Match AR in my hands for the first time while I was watching a High Power competition. He said "shooting is not a spectator match, go shoot!" I shot a 97 sitting and the rest was history...

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote