Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces Weapons > Edged Weapons

Old 05-16-2009, 16:55   #46
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinDinA-2 View Post
For those of us still waiting for the Letter of Authorization...today I received a reply to my inquiry to see if they had received my documents. I mailed them March 15.

"I have it and I’m finally getting to dedicate some time to processing them all. They should all be out by Monday."
DDA-2,

Thanks for your assistance,I followed your advice on the PM you sent me and received my knife within 2 weeks..... Feel sorry for those guys that waited... Especially since this steel crisis, may impede the quality of the knife they receive...

GB TFS
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 21:55   #47
DinDinA-2
Guerrilla

Glad to help.
DinDinA-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:07   #48
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenberetTFS View Post
DDA-2,

Thanks for your assistance,I followed your advice on the PM you sent me and received my knife within 2 weeks..... Feel sorry for those guys that waited... Especially since this steel crisis, may impede the quality of the knife they receive...

GB TFS
OK Guys,Here's the scoop...... My wife's birthday is June 10th and boy is she going to be surprised when she opens her present....... I know what some lucky girl is getting..................

GB TFS
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 09:11   #49
x SF med
Quiet Professional

Here's the scoop from the Museum. Next shipment of Yarboroughs is coming in the end of June, and will be shipped out in post mark date order.

Here's the scoop from Mr. Harsey ( as of Saturday evening over a couple of beers at the shop)- at this time there is no problem in getting the CPM S30V, the knives are still exactly the same quality and will be until further notice.

Hearing, I forget. Seeing, I remember. Writing (doing), I understand. Chinese Proverb

Too many people are looking for a magic bullet. As always, shot placement is the key. ~TR
x SF med is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 10:13   #50
Utah Bob
Quiet Professional

I have no practical need for one of these. I've been out since 1970.

I reckon I'll order one.
Lazy Bob Ranch
Utah Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 11:33   #51
Bill Harsey
Bladesmith to the Quiet Professionals

Quote:
Originally Posted by x SF med View Post
Here's the scoop from the Museum. Next shipment of Yarboroughs is coming in the end of June, and will be shipped out in post mark date order.

Here's the scoop from Mr. Harsey ( as of Saturday evening over a couple of beers at the shop)- at this time there is no problem in getting the CPM S30V, the knives are still exactly the same quality and will be until further notice.
x SF med,
Thank you for stopping by and you quoted me correctly.

The knife grade steels continue to be produced by Crucible and we are working with them to insure delivery.
Bill Harsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 14:19   #52
Buffalobob
Quiet Professional

Quote:
I have no practical need for one of these. I've been out since 1970.

I reckon I'll order one.
Father' Day is coming so you surely should have one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cupnknives.jpg (117.2 KB, 203 views)
Buffalobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 19:16   #53
x SF med
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Harsey View Post
x SF med,
Thank you for stopping by and you quoted me correctly.

The knife grade steels continue to be produced by Crucible and we are working with them to insure delivery.
Bill,
Misquoting a man as well spoken as you (before the beer) would have been horribly wrong, that, and you could crush me in one of your massive paws before I could even whine, or scream for help, had I misquoted you.

I flelt it was my duty to pass the info on to everyone, as the Crucible scare has raised questions about the future quality of the Yarborough (and a few other of my favorite sharp pointy objects).

Hearing, I forget. Seeing, I remember. Writing (doing), I understand. Chinese Proverb

Too many people are looking for a magic bullet. As always, shot placement is the key. ~TR
Old 05-26-2009, 23:00   #54
Bill Harsey
Bladesmith to the Quiet Professionals

Quote:
Originally Posted by x SF med View Post
Bill,
Misquoting a man as well spoken as you (before the beer) would have been horribly wrong, that, and you could crush me in one of your massive paws before I could even whine, or scream for help, had I misquoted you.

I flelt it was my duty to pass the info on to everyone, as the Crucible scare has raised questions about the future quality of the Yarborough (and a few other of my favorite sharp pointy objects).
Anyone who brings me a beer will never be harmed, besides your too fast and I'd end up hurting, again.

If we should have to look at a different steel someday, it will be up to the job and the standard expected of the Yarborough knife.
Bill Harsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 18:07   #55
JoeyB
Quiet Professional

email not working

fixed

Last edited by JoeyB; 06-22-2009 at 18:13.
JoeyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 16:40   #56
x SF med
Quiet Professional

Argh! This waiting is driving me even more nuts than usual...

Old 07-06-2009, 23:19   #57
DinDinA-2
Guerrilla

Argh!!! Me too...the museum cashed my check June 4...still waiting. I think those who wait patiently, are going to receive a reeeeealy good one!
DinDinA-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:55   #58
x SF med
Quiet Professional

Update from the Museum Gift Shop...
There are currently 76 orders on hold.
Chris Reeve's shipment of S30V was delayed by a month, so shipment of the Yarboroughs is delayed until the end of July. (Crucible fell behind in production)
The Museum apologizes for the delay, and will process all orders as quickly as they can.
Chris, Anne and the rest of the CRK 'family' are keeping the Gift Shop people appraised of the situation and are working diligently to produce our serial numbered sharp pointies to their outstanding quality standards.

Patience is a virtue, but this could try a Saint....

As always the staff at the Museum Gift Shop were pleasant, professional and had a good sense of humor. They said they would sic Anne Reeve on me if I gave Chris a hard time...

So I said I would harrass Harsey this weekend, and got green lighted.

Old 07-10-2009, 10:09   #59
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

See post #41.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:01   #60
x SF med
Quiet Professional

It arrived about 20 minutes ago. SF-00067... right Group and Bn ... don't remember a Team 067 though I was hoping for 061, as that was my first Team. I am happy nonetheless.

Good story about the delivery...
HH6 accepted the package from FedEx since I was on a work call, I knew what it was when the guy knocked on the door... I opened the FedEx box then the CRK box (yes it came with the "this knife is sharp as hell" warning like all CRK knives - more on this in a minute) unsnapped the sheath, removed the knife carefully, looked at the number, and put the knife back in the sheath to look at the remaining paperwork that came with the knife. All cool so-far, right - nothing untoward nor dangerous...

HH6 asks if she may look at the Yarborough - snidely remarking "So, I guess you really were in SF..." - I'm reading the paperwork, right? I have faith that HH6 is competent enough to remove a knife from it's home... She unsnaps the sheath, and I hear: snap, shhhhh, thunk, "Oh Shit!" Apparently, my confidence that the former Army Vet Tech could unsheath a knife safely and without blood were wholly mistaken - the knife had 'slipped' out of the sheath, slicing somebody's little paw.... not too bad, not too much blood - no damage tot the knife, Thank God!, minimal damage to the Vet Tech, aslo Thank God. Doesn't look like sutures are needed - a good laugh - I will probably be sleeping on the couch tonight for laughing - even if I did get her the first band-aid, and a few folded 1x2s after the band-aid bled through in under a minute.

So - how many others have had their Yarborough 'blooded' within 15 minutes of receipt?

Warning - these knives are sharp. Do not allow unsupervised former Vet Techs turned Librarians to handle them.