Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Deactivated SF Units

Old 11-15-2009, 21:24   #16
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgicalcric View Post
This could also be achieved with better utilization of the "other" 2 Groups in the Regiment....
I am not sufficiently familiar with the regs regarding mobilization frequency and duration and current theater apportionment of NG SF to respond to that.

We have a NG SOTF with us on all of the rotations I have seen this far.

The 4th battalions are still needed.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:10   #17
LongTabSigO
Auxiliary

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonieDiver View Post
Yeah, but it would do my heart good to see the 8th Group return!
Concur!
LongTabSigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:15   #18
LongTabSigO
Auxiliary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
A few more 0-5 command slots vice just adding more 0-4 slots?

Richard's $.02
Be fair, Richard. This also means more CSM/00Z slots (vice 18Z SGMs).
LongTabSigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:18   #19
Richard
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Be fair, Richard. This also means more CSM/00Z slots (vice 18Z SGMs).
That, too.

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 19:19   #20
uboat509
Quiet Professional

There are a few rumors out there that the real reason for these fourth battalions was that was an easier sell than a "Special Troops Battalion," which was the actual goal. It doesn't sound overly plausible to me but then I haven't heard anyone yet explain how we are going to fully man these new battalions and keep them manned.

SFC W
uboat509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 21:04   #21
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by uboat509 View Post
There are a few rumors out there that the real reason for these fourth battalions was that was an easier sell than a "Special Troops Battalion," which was the actual goal. It doesn't sound overly plausible to me but then I haven't heard anyone yet explain how we are going to fully man these new battalions and keep them manned.

SFC W
SFC W:

Easy.

Graduate 750 plus students per year, regardless of standards.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

Old 11-17-2009, 21:21   #22
Snaquebite
Area Commander

Quote:

SFC W
Go GREEN....

Recycle, Recycle, Recycle

"If one day you decide to know yourself...you'll have to choose the warrior path...You'll reach the darkness of your spirit.... Then, if you overcome your fears....You will know who you are."

"De Oppresso Liber"
Snaquebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 21:25   #23
Richard
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Go GREEN...Recycle, Recycle, Recycle
Go Green...compost the MFers.

Richard's $.02
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 21:39   #24
longrange1947
Quiet Professional

Quote:

SFC W
DING DING DING! We have a winner!!!!!

However, do not give up just yet.

Rick B.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing it is great on a hamburger but not so great sticking one up your ass.

Author - Richard.

Experience is what you get right after you need it.

Author unknown.
longrange1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 22:54   #25
Mitch
Quiet Professional

Quote:
...I haven't heard anyone yet explain how we are going to fully man these new battalions and keep them manned.

SFC W
Start making offers to 50+year old fomer SF dudes; offers that they can't refuse

Instant credibility and instant war stories in every team room.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:55   #26
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Start making offers to 50+year old fomer SF dudes; offers that they can't refuse

Instant credibility and instant war stories in every team room.

Hell I would come back if they paid me what i get now from DOJ.......

Hell I would be the bessssst paid TS in SF........and I would have some good war stories..... or at least make up some good ones for the kids......... Hell just use some of Old Bobby S....... stories......
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 08:28   #27
sitfly200
Quiet Professional

Upper COC is killin us!

"Go GREEN....

Recycle, Recycle, Recycle "

As someone seeing this first hand right now it is horrible to witness. Those of us in the trenches i.e Cadre Team Sergeants, and Cadre O's watch all of our diligent work, counseling and recommendations get squashed by levels above. I wish I could show some of the MoR's.
sitfly200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 15:23   #28
DemoMan
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
SFC W:

Easy.

Graduate 750 plus students per year, regardless of standards.

TR
That made me vomit in my mouth...
Old 11-18-2009, 16:36   #29
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemoMan View Post
That made me vomit in my mouth...
How many do you think they are going to allow to fail SUT or Land Nav AFTER they go through several months of language training? How many recycles will you give a guy in Sage before he just gets passed on?

I will defer to the team guys here and SWCS instructors to tell you what they really think. I am a bit removed from the problem.

I wonder what is in the minds of the SF leadership. Not sure if they think this is a good idea, or are afraid to resign in protest of it.

TR

Old 05-24-2010, 09:21   #30
Combat Diver
Quiet Professional

When we went to 8 classes a year at Robin sage, we tried getting someone dropped from the course, they just got recycled to the next class on another team. Unless he had a major safety valition where someone actually got hurt, they were going to gradulate. However most of my students that I had made the grade and given time on teams would be an asset down the road.

CD
Combat Diver is offline   Reply With Quote