Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Base Camp

Old 05-30-2021, 04:25   #16
RobGraham
Asset

Hi Pete

I'm not here selling games, we do that on Steam Workshop, and through our trailers which General Bowra, SSG Meyer, SFC Shorten, Lt. Col Thompson etc all support. Our product is co-developed and promoted with many former 5th Group members, so it's not like any other video game really.

Many Special Forces guys won't have a PC, or be interested in games, but they may enjoy the other aspects we're involved with.

Assuming it's ok with the admins here, I'll be updating this thread with news of the work we're doing to preserve the memories and history of MACV SOG, as the year progresses. Hopefully some members may be interested in this content.

You can watch some of our (rare) interviews here, including 2 Q&A's we did with 4 SOG one zeroes, and the first ever interview on camera with Major General Bowra, former commander of 5th Group, about his time in Vietnam and Cambodia:
https://www.youtube.com/SavageGameDesign

We signed our historic memorandum with the Special Operations Association this week, and part of that work is connecting up Special Operations veterans who play games online together. We're working with a charity that has 7,000 veteran members, and offers brotherhood and support to its members. All vets very welcome. The welfare aspect is supported by Lt. Col. Dick Thompson who served in SOG, and on psychological readiness (not sure exact title) at SOCOM for a number of years. His support on this endeavour is really great.

You can read about Dick here:
https://coffeeordie.com/macvsog-dick-thompson/

Military and Veteran Gamers is a veteran managed charity, based on discord here:
https://discord.gg/rTgXedHY

cheers!
RobGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 06:15   #17
Pete
Quiet Professional

11 post and the trend continues.

For this forum this "..Hopefully some members may be interested in this content..." is snark.

Being a one trick pony will not get you far on this forum.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 15:57   #18
Last hard class
Quiet Professional

Pete:

I agree with you. I also appreciate your patience by not cutting his line straight away.

If not for Mr. Graham's relentless shilling we wouldn't have gotten HardRoad's masterpiece of a post.

LHC