Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 01-29-2023, 22:13   #1
mojaveman
Area Commander

US general says British Army no longer a top-tier military force

A senior U.S. general has recently warned U.K. Defense Secretary Ben Wallace that the British Army is no longer considered to be among the world's top-tier fighting forces, according to a Sunday report.

All I can say is wow. Of all of the foreign militaries I've trained and interacted with, I was most impressed with the British, Germans and the Canadians. Heard the Australians were pretty good too but never worked with them.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/us-gen...-forces-report
mojaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 06:43   #2
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
When I read the article, I had the impression he was talking about their gear set, not their grunts.

The UK like 99% of the EU is prone to spend money on their SJW tasks rather than military gear. Even then, the UK does a very poor job.

I read the BBC & SKY News daily because my daughter & family live in London. As liberal as these MSM talking heads are, they complain (rightly so) about the poor job the government is doing.

The police are stuck in their version of BLM. They are more concerned with CRT than stopping crime.

The medical system is free, but the wait times on most common elective surgeries in now YEARS, EMS response is iffy, and ER times are outrageous.

Quote:
The Sky News report offers details of the U.K.’s military to paint of picture of what the country is up against. For example, the majority of its armored vehicles were built between 30 to 60 years ago and "full replacements are not due for years."

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 08:13   #3
Box
Quiet Professional

More important is Chinese and Russian generals when they begin to see that the US is no longer a top tier military force.
THAT is what we need to protect against.
Fuck the Brits and their crooked teeth.
Fuck the French and their stale bread.
Fuck the Germans and their dry chocolate cake

The only concern any senior U.S. general should have is what the rest of the world sees when they look at OUR military force...
...the one that has elite troops hooked on drugs and under age prostitutes
...the one that cant stop crashing their boats
...the ones that steal money from the government and then murder their countrymen to cover it up
...the one with a service academy that is more concerned with CRT than fighting communism
...the one where the senior ranking green beret is in such top physical shape that it looks like his uniform was cut for a pregnant woman

That mother fucking senior U.S. general needs to get his own house in order before he starts shit talking what few real allies we have left.
...or hell, forget it - lets just do a war
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing

Last edited by Box; 01-30-2023 at 15:41.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 12:29   #4
mark46th
Quiet Professional

I agree Box, when a general is more concerned about the feelings of a male soldier who wants to wear a dress than the effectiveness of his fighting forces, we should just bend over and kiss our asses goodbye.
mark46th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 19:24   #5
Penn
Area Commander

https://www.jstor.org/stable/26557386

Destined for War?
Graham T. Allison
The National Interest
No. 149, DESTINED FOR WAR? (May/June 2017), pp. 9-21 (13 pages)
Published By: Center for the National Interest
The National Interest

https://css.cua.edu/wp-content/uploa...dides-Trap.pdf

Last edited by Penn; 01-30-2023 at 19:32.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 07:51   #6
Box
Quiet Professional

Wonder - why would one general publish such a memo - KNOWING it would be leaked - so soon after his boss undermined his president by placing a secret call to that same nation to say - "don't worry about the POTUS starting a war to stay in office ro, I'll totally keep that shit from happening"

Are our senior leaders completely out of sync? Are they led around by ulterior motives? Can this be a Jedi mind trick? Is this just a hint that the POTUS might start a war to help keep his office?
Maybe they are just honing that fine cutting edge on Halon's Razor...

...asking for a freind
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote