Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 01-06-2022, 09:33   #1516
sfshooter
Quiet Professional

I guess I read it differently. I presumed that the FFL would now have to give (provide) each buyer with a lock box/safe, which in turn would add another expense to the FFL holder.
I didn't look at it in the capitalist viewpoint .
But then if the buyer has to buy said lock box then there is more expense for the buyer. All in all just more b.s. to jack with honest people for exercising their constitutional rights.

"I ask you sir, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people........" George Mason
sfshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 11:55   #1517
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

I haven’t bought a new gun in the last twenty years that didn’t come with cable lock from the manufacturer thrown in the box.

I just bought a new shotgun from Cabela’s and came with a wonky little red metal/plastic trigger lock with two holes and a metal two pronged disk to remove it when I got home. Also included was a small pamphlet to address locking up your firearm and keeping it safe from children.

Best way I know to keep children safe from guns is to give them one when they are young and teach them firearm safety.

Don’t know why the DOJ needs to be involved but I’m sure the law making side of the CDC isn’t far behind.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 14:01   #1518
Sohei
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post
I haven’t bought a new gun in the last twenty years that didn’t come with cable lock from the manufacturer thrown in the box.

I just bought a new shotgun from Cabela’s and came with a wonky little red metal/plastic trigger lock with two holes and a metal two pronged disk to remove it when I got home. Also included was a small pamphlet to address locking up your firearm and keeping it safe from children.

Best way I know to keep children safe from guns is to give them one when they are young and teach them firearm safety.

Don’t know why the DOJ needs to be involved but I’m sure the law making side of the CDC isn’t far behind.
Brother, the government *always* knows better than you pesky ignorant parents about raising your kids and teaching them about gun safety….
Sohei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 18:16   #1519
doctom54
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post

I agree. It is MY responsibility to train all the grandchildren in firearms safety.

CDC was a great organization until about 20 years ago. They need to be dissolved or otherwise done away with now.
Old 01-09-2022, 19:14   #1520
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctom54 View Post
I agree. It is MY responsibility to train all the grandchildren in firearms safety.

CDC was a great organization until about 20 years ago. They need to be dissolved or otherwise done away with now.
I recall the Clintonistas had commissioned a study for the CDC to "prove" that violent crime went down during the 10 years of the AWB. Except it didn't - oops. IIRC it took a FOIA request to get the inconveniently embarrasing study out into the public. Yessir, compromised for quite awhile.

"Civil Wars don't start when a few guys hunt down a specific bastard. Civil Wars start when many guys hunt down the nearest bastards."

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino

You don't want to be someone we remember. - anonymous

Last edited by Badger52; 01-11-2022 at 06:11. Reason: spelling corr
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 12:28   #1521
pcfixer
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfixer View Post
Jan 10 2022 Petition DENIED.
pcfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 06:19   #1522
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfixer View Post
Jan 10 2022 Petition DENIED.
Is that the function of a single reviewing justice who "covers" that jurisdiction? Do they indicate a rationale when they do that?

"Civil Wars don't start when a few guys hunt down a specific bastard. Civil Wars start when many guys hunt down the nearest bastards."

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino

You don't want to be someone we remember. - anonymous
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 08:21   #1523
pcfixer
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
Is that the function of a single reviewing justice who "covers" that jurisdiction? Do they indicate a rationale when they do that?
No to both questions!

Don't think, and attorney's believe this case still in play. Sorta, stand by for news.
So most likely reasoning.

Last edited by pcfixer; 01-12-2022 at 10:53.
pcfixer is offline   Reply With Quote