Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 02-20-2021, 07:13   #1
Golf1echo
Area Commander

Location: Western Carolina in the rainforest,4000' along the Eastern Cont. Div.
Joe Kent for Congress

A mentor of mine has passed this along and I wanted to forward it. This wasn’t the first time he and other friends had mentioned Joe Kent. They and likely many here who have worked with Joe over the years have a great deal of respect for him, that much is very clear. Others know of him and his family’s story or perhaps read his articles. Regardless of what side of the aisle you support I think we can agree we need better candidates and representatives. Integrity and commitment comes to mind and I believe one will find this with Joe Kent.

https://www.joekentforcongress.com/

Essayons

By Dand

"In the school of the wilds,there is no graduation day"Horace Kephart
Golf1echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 08:19   #2
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf1echo View Post
A mentor of mine has passed this along and I wanted to forward it. This wasn’t the first time he and other friends had mentioned Joe Kent.
Thanks will pass this along..

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 10:35   #3
bubba
Quiet Professional

I had the distinct honor of serving with Joe in C/1/5 on my first deployment. He’s one of the finest GB’s to have ever served in the Regiment. A true Quiet Professional and absolute Legend. I couldn’t think of a better guy to serve his district and (continue to) this country.
“Use teamwork and control. A squad without teamwork and control is nothing more than a small mob with weapons. Success depends on a high level of teamwork and control within the squad.” — pg. 3-596 STP 7-11BCHM-SM-TG

“Let’s go Brandon!” — Kelli Stavast

"...I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere.” — Thomas Jefferson

When the Revolution goes “live”, the People I’m worried about, are NOT the People I worry about. — Me
bubba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 10:59   #4
Penn
Area Commander

Done.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 13:16   #5
PRB
Quiet Professional

Good luck in Oregon....
PRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 22:26   #6
Golf1echo
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRB View Post
Good luck in Oregon....
I didn’t know where that district was and haven’t been in that part of the country but found out that the district is in South West Washington State and that the current representative Jamie Herrera Beutler is actually from the GOP. I’ll bet the people of that district have strong feelings about being in between Portland OR. And Olympia WA. Jamie appears to be one of those Cheney ( WY) types that conveniently forgets who elected her if that interferes with her personal agenda. Liz was censured in WY by their State Legislature and now has a very good chance to be invited back into the private sector next time around.
https://jhb.house.gov/district/

Essayons

By Dand

Old 02-24-2021, 06:16   #7
Badger52
Area Commander

This is what needs to be happening in districts all across the country.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 22:05   #8
Stobey
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
This is what needs to be happening in districts all across the country.
While I agree with you I must say that the so-called "Supreme" Court appears to have just declared free and fair elections "moot". They also refuse to hear any of Sydney Powell's election fraud cases - without comment. Until this gets fixed nothing good will happen.

BREAKING: THE FRAUD WILL STAND – Supreme Court Rejects Sidney Powell’s Election Fraud Cases without Comment
By Jim Hoft
Published March 1, 2021 at 12:22pm

"On Monday, following their inaction last week, the US Supreme Court rejected without comment or explanation, lingering 2020 election challenges by Attorney Sidney Powell in Arizona and Wisconsin."

“The petitions for writs of mandamus are denied,” the court said Monday. That’s it, that’s the order.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...thout-comment/
Old 03-01-2021, 23:52   #9
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba View Post
I had the distinct honor of serving with Joe in C/1/5 on my first deployment. He’s one of the finest GB’s to have ever served in the Regiment. A true Quiet Professional and absolute Legend. I couldn’t think of a better guy to serve his district and (continue to) this country.
Joe looks familiar....he looks like a guy I met as an OJT on ODA 155 he was from 2/75 went to Dive school while there and I think he did go to 5th....I lost touch with him over the years but it looks like him
Old 03-02-2021, 05:26   #10
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stobey View Post
While I agree with you I must say that the so-called "Supreme" Court appears to have just declared free and fair elections "moot". They also refuse to hear any of Sydney Powell's election fraud cases - without comment. Until this gets fixed nothing good will happen.
There may come a time when localities will need to gird up and do what they need to do to insure the integrity of their own election process and, especially if HR1 passes, dare the Leviathan to come make it different.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Old 03-02-2021, 05:56   #11
JGC2
Quiet Professional

Joe Kent is one of the best Green Berets and men I have ever worked with, full stop. Congress doesn't deserve him, to be honest.
Old 03-02-2021, 07:55   #12
Sohei
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGC2 View Post
Joe Kent is one of the best Green Berets and men I have ever worked with, full stop. Congress doesn't deserve him, to be honest.
Unfortunately, it's gotten to the point where I hate to see good people get into politics. Politics as a whole has gotten to be a huge ship that simply doesn't want to right itself and simply eats those that try. However, I wish him well if that's truly his desire.
Sohei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 11:02   #13
Golf1echo
Area Commander

Update
The Clark County Republican Party did vote to censure Jamie Herrera Beutler and rebuked her over her vote to impeach President Trump. They also pledged to vet and select another conservative Republican candidate to champion in the 2022 primaries.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kgw...4-2644a36b92e0

Last night Joe participated in a sold out live Clark County forum.

https://www.joekentforcongress.com/

Essayons

By Dand

Old 09-01-2021, 19:11   #14
Badger52
Area Commander

Trump's Endorsement

The Donald bestows his endorsement.

Quote:
Former President Donald Trump on Wednesday announced his endorsement of Green Beret veteran and Gold Star husband Joe Kent, who is running on an America First platform against Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler (R-WA) in Washington state’s third congressional district.

Trump announced in a statement:

Joe Kent is a retired Green Beret and Gold Star husband running against RINO and incompetent Congresswoman Jaime Herrera Beutler in the 3rd District of the State of Washington. Joe served his country proudly for many years and understands the tremendous cost of America’s wars in the Middle East, and elsewhere. In Congress, Joe will be a warrior for the America First agenda, unlike Jaime Herrera Beutler who voted, despite the facts, against the Republican Party and for the Democrats’ Impeachment Scam.

Joe Kent is strong on Crime and the Border, loves our Military and our Vets, and will protect our Second Amendment, which is under siege. I met Joe at Dover Air Force Base on the evening that his wife was being brought back from the Middle East, where she had been killed in combat. It was a very sad moment in Joe’s life, but I was incredibly impressed with him and told him that he should someday run for office—we need his voice and leadership in Washington, D.C. Now he is running, and Joe Kent has my Complete and Total Endorsement!

Kent said in a tweet, “Thank you very much President Trump! I’m honored & ready to take our country back!”

Thank you very much President Trump!
I’m honored & ready to take our country back!
Join our movement – https://t.co/fD86UYnk1p pic.twitter.com/9fdqOWxN4F

— Joe Kent for WA-3 (@joekent16jan19) September 1, 2021

Kent first met Trump after his wife, Navy Senior Chief Petty Officer Shannon Kent, was killed while fighting ISIS terrorists in Syria in January 2019. Kent told Breitbart News in May 2020 about his first meeting with Trump at the Dover Air Force Base.

He said Trump had obviously read up on Shannon, knew she was from New York, knew what her father and uncle did during 9/11, and knew his background as well. They talked for about 20 minutes, about Shannon and his views on Iraq and Syria.

“He asked me my opinion on what was going on in Iraq and in Syria, and a couple of months later for Memorial Day, he had invited quite a few Gold Star families to the West Wing. That did not receive any publicity,” he said.

Kent told Breitbart News in June he decided to run after Beutler voted to impeach Trump.

“The Republican congresswoman who I voted for stabbed us in the back and voted for the impeachment of President Trump,” he said, adding:

She’d always kind of been a very weak Republican, very typical of the establishment. She voted against the construction of the border wall. She voted to keep our troops in Syria, our troops in Afghanistan. She voted for Obamacare, but this was the straw that broke the camel’s back. So I saw basically our entire country kind of being driven off the cliff by the Democrats, and I wanted to do something.

He added, “I’ve never been able to ask other people to go fight for me. So throwing my hat in the ring, once more to go serve and take the fight to Congress to restore our country’s freedoms.”

Old 09-01-2021, 20:59   #15
PRB
Quiet Professional

If good folk do not step forward we are done...in the military, in our local and Fed Govt....in our Police Forces....

I truly hope he is successful.
PRB is offline   Reply With Quote