Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 05-06-2023, 13:09   #1
Last hard class
Quiet Professional

Is the Supreme Court for sale?

There have been a lot of financial shenanigans uncovered in the court recently. Sotomayor and Gorsuch with their book deals. Thomas and his friend with benefits. It appears they all received monies from entities that had business with the court. Whether their influence is for sale is not clear to me. But I have never seen such a blatant conduit from politics to the court as Justice Thomas's wife.

When I was a kid, I was taught that the Supreme Court members were not supposed to be swayed by politics when interpreting the law. Of course, that's a fairy tale. And while I don't expect them to leave out their ideals in their decision-making process, it seems to me they should have to abide by the same ethics rules as everyone else.

In business, these allegations would be considered kickbacks. But I'm not sure what applies to the members of the court.

So are they considered politicians then? And these things are ok. Like insider trading?

Interested in other points of view on this subject.

LHC
Old 05-06-2023, 15:41   #2
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Not a 2L, but from my corner, I think it would be pretty obvious if a Justice voted for one of a friend's cases.

Then there is the SOTUS way: Someone is chosen by the chief justice to be the pivot on a case while the other justices ALL contribute to the rendering.

Set aside the fact that the court is sometimes liberal and something conservative, if one judge wanted to sway,, they would need several other justices to contribute, with case law as their backup.

Even then, that descending opinion could put the kibosh on the show at any time.

My $00.000002

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2023, 18:26   #3
Box
Quiet Professional

Look on the bright side - they are WAY more expensive than the DOJ - quite honestly, I think we have the best three branches of government that money can buy. Now cheer up - there are a lot of good recipes for cooking with peas once the globalists get the rest of the government under control.

Gosh bless aMErikuh
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing

Last edited by Box; 05-06-2023 at 18:28.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2023, 13:08   #4
bushmaster11
Guerrilla

Well, I don't bought and sold.They are more traded. Kind of like the mafia. I will do this favor for you, and you will do one for, now or in the future. kind of like I will this for you but you owe me.

No money changed hands, bribe. Of course there is. The pair of them are crooked as a dog's hind leg. They know it or they would not have hidden their receipt of money and "favors".

There are others that allowed it to happen. In the West Point honor code - "I will not those who lie, cheat or steal nor tolerate those that do". It is a simple but a simple but abbreviated Ten Commandments.

Until a decision 10-15 years ago, I had faith in SCOTUS. I came to realize that some of decisions were in fact not constitutional. i did not think they were corrupt, but fallible. Recent events shows that they can by outside forces, by either money or politics.

J R sends
DOL
bushmaster11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 10:42   #5
PRB
Quiet Professional

No, I don't believe they are for sale. Political viewpoints abound tho as they are human.
PRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 11:06   #6
bubba
Quiet Professional

This is America! Everything is for sale! That is what we do here……..

The “policy makers” and “law enforcement” are Paid For by the people who Make, Advertise, and Sell Stuff.

It seems to work since we’re the only one’s with fat poor people and moon rocks….
“Use teamwork and control. A squad without teamwork and control is nothing more than a small mob with weapons. Success depends on a high level of teamwork and control within the squad.” — pg. 3-596 STP 7-11BCHM-SM-TG

“Let’s go Brandon!” — Kelli Stavast

"...I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere.” — Thomas Jefferson

When the Revolution goes “live”, the People I’m worried about, are NOT the People I worry about. — Me
bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2023, 23:30   #7
mark46th
Quiet Professional

As Buuba said, everything is for sale. But, like box said, the DOJ is less expensive. Elect me President. After I fired the DOJ and FBI leadership, I would install new leaders in those agencies who would swear to prosecute any politician of suspected illegal activities, regardless of which political party they reside. I would go after Chelsea Clinton first. It would be interesting to see how much Hillary would disclose about her own activities to protect her own child.
mark46th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 09:37   #8
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

I find it interesting how selective some people are when deciding what to believe from mainstream media reports. The conservatives on the Court are under attack, and it is almost entirely BS. Trust me, I know things.
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 11:26   #9
Box
Quiet Professional

Truth be told - I don't trust much of anything that comes from mainstream media reports.

The mainstream told us "Russia Russia Russia" even after James Comey admitted that he was an unethical leaker that did what he did.
The mainstream media pushed "Russia Russia Russia" even though their golden boy Bernie Flanders dotes on communist dystopias like Russia (and Venezuela) every chance he gets.
The mainstream media hides the Panama Papers.
The mainstream media hid Hunter's laptop.
The mainstream media hid Epstein's little black book.
The mainstream media is peddling furiously to keep Bill Clinton's wife out of the public eye now that it has been proven that not only did she LIE about Uranium-One, not only did she LIE about Benghazi, she also LIED about the Steele dossier, and essentially conspired to commit treason.
The mainstream media LIED about the 'rona
The mainstream media LIED about masks
The mainstream media LIED about vax seens
The mainstream media LIES about election results.
The mainstream media refused to accept that Bush won.
The mainstream media refused to accept that Trump won
The mainstream media wants you imprisoned for questioning Joes victory AT ALL
The mainstream media thinks thank career criminals and drug addicts are heroes
The mainstream media thinks men can have babies.
The mainstream media wants to impeach Republicans for a rounding error
The mainstream media thinks that 50 years of Biden family corruption is NONE of your business.
The mainstream media wants your 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th...
...the mainstream media wants ALL of your rights limited if it challenges "the message"
The mainstream media couldn't wait to headline the story that Santos is a shady crooked politician...
... can't wait to bury a conservative SC justice for writing a book.
...doesn't seem to mind that the newest left-wing justice has a vagina™ but doesn't know what a woman™ "is"

No worries. I don't exist in that plane of existence anymore. I will literally vote for the ghost of Aileen Wuornos as long as she campaigns right of center.
Don't care anymore.
Not a bit.
My bias tastes better than the left's bias - the difference is, I've decided to stop pretending - I am adopting the partisan support policy of my leftist brothers and sisters, I'm just choosing to apply it to anyone that runs against them.

and since I can't vote for SCOTUS anyway, I'll just continue to send strongly worded correspondence to my elected officials showing my support for ANY issue that lands a hop, skip, and a jump right of center no matter how ridiculous and unsustainable.

That is all.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

Last edited by Box; 05-22-2023 at 06:24.
Old 05-21-2023, 17:16   #10
MR2
Quiet Professional

Aileen Wuornos... LMFAO

It's Never Crowded Along the Extra Mile - Wayne Dyer

WOKE = Willfully Overlooking Known Evil
MR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 16:42   #11
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR2 View Post
Aileen Wuornos... LMFAO
That is my pledge. I stand by it.