Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > TMC 14 > Vital Signs

Old 09-21-2019, 07:39   #1
Eagle5US
Quiet Professional

Thumbs up Nothing short of awesome.....

https://www.foxnews.com/us/almost-im...-soldiers-life

Positive vibesand eternal thanks....

Ain't no one getting out of this world alive. All you can do is try to have some choice in the way you go. Prepare yourself (and your affairs), and when your number is up, die on your feet fighting rather than on your knees. And make the SOBs pay dearly."
The Reaper-3 Sep 04
Eagle5US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 11:34   #2
PRB
Quiet Professional

I saw that and it was good...and as it should be.

Now, I am of the opinion Astan is a waste of time and has been for a long time..

Why, because there really isn't a Govt. 'in charge' that extends beyond the city limits of Kabul.

There is no one person or council that speaks for the Taliban.

There is, in reality, no one who can make a 'deal' and keep it.

Astan is still a tribal entity.

Kill them all or go home.
PRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 11:43   #3
Eagle5US
Quiet Professional

I agree-
Kill them all AND go home...

But until we do, it was nice to see this level of effort. I can say with certainty that the previous administration would not have supported it...because I saw it, repeatedly. It it brought me to my decision to retire. Very glad things have changed for the better.

Ain't no one getting out of this world alive. All you can do is try to have some choice in the way you go. Prepare yourself (and your affairs), and when your number is up, die on your feet fighting rather than on your knees. And make the SOBs pay dearly."
The Reaper-3 Sep 04
Eagle5US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 12:32   #4
bubba
Quiet Professional

We spend more in blood and treasure to save ONE of our own than 50% of the GDP of all of Afghanistan. Why, because one of ours is worth more than a thousand times the entire Middle East. Well done to the entire team involved in this awesome MEDEVAC, the resources that are deployed let the warriors know if things go wrong, they always have a chance.

It’s time to irradiate the entire region and deploy robots to drill for oil.
“Use teamwork and control. A squad without teamwork and control is nothing more than a small mob with weapons. Success depends on a high level of teamwork and control within the squad.” — pg. 3-596 STP 7-11BCHM-SM-TG

“Let’s go Brandon!” — Kelli Stavast

"...I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere.” — Thomas Jefferson

When the Revolution goes “live”, the People I’m worried about, are NOT the People I worry about. — Me
bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 13:06   #5
echoes
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle5US View Post
I agree-
Kill them all AND go home...

But until we do, it was nice to see this level of effort. I can say with certainty that the previous administration would not have supported it...because I saw it, repeatedly. It it brought me to my decision to retire. Very glad things have changed for the better.
Agree Eagle! Have talked to many US patriots that say to Kill Them All, and Let God Sort It Out!

Our Brave Soldiers lives are worth more, IMHO!

Holly
echoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 13:42   #6
SouthernDZ
Quiet Professional

I saw this and felt a great deal of pride. What other country could/would do this?
SouthernDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 20:10   #7
Joker
Quiet Professional

Outstanding crew that did this (Medical and transport)!
May the brother heal fast.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 11:07   #8
bblhead672
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRB View Post
I saw that and it was good...and as it should be.

Now, I am of the opinion Astan is a waste of time and has been for a long time..

Why, because there really isn't a Govt. 'in charge' that extends beyond the city limits of Kabul.

There is no one person or council that speaks for the Taliban.

There is, in reality, no one who can make a 'deal' and keep it.

Astan is still a tribal entity.

Kill them all or go home.
Should that be "Asstan"?

I appreciate and honor the sacrifices made by the men and women of our military and contractors in Afghanistan.

The extraordinary lengths we will go to in order to save one of our people underlines the fact that Americans are still the best of the best in this broken down world. We have plenty of commies, assholes and others who bring down our score, but overall no country's people can match America's.

However, I believe it is long past the time for our country's civilian and military leadership to admit we never had any more ability to conquer the tribalism than the Soviets did.
Bring our people, equipment and money home. The hell with the military industrial complex and the neocons who enrich themselves from it and keep it going.

Time to end the sadness I experience when more Americans are killed or maimed over there...for what benefit to the United States and its citizens?

Thanks to the hundreds of people who sacrificed to allow this wounded warrior to get home.
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote