Old 01-03-2008, 18:49   #16
bosljeff
SF Candidate

Rumors are a waste of your time. The "I heard from a buddy of mine..." crap will drive you crazy. Take it all with a grain of salt. One day at a time and bust your ass every day.

I promise, I graduated long ago....
bosljeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 19:47   #17
FMA11
Quiet Professional

If you get hurt during the course and find yourself on profile, make sure you keep up with your appointments and do what you need to do to get back into school...that's why you are there! BE PROACTIVE. The medical staff on Bragg won't chase you down to make appointments. The TAC's won't remind you to call so and so or get such and such done. That's not to say they don't care because I've spent a considerable amount of time at Student Co during the past few (well, more than a few) months and had numerous TAC's ask me how I'm doing and when I'm coming back, etc. They want you to succeed...that is why they are there. But they aren't there to hold your hand. The bottom line is follow your profile, do what the medical staff tells you to do and get back to school. You probably aren't the first person to have incurred whatever injury you may have and chances are you aren't an MD so listen and heal up. Nothing sucks more than seeing your buddies move from phase to phase as you sit at one of the many available desks from 0900 to 1700 every day.
FMA11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 12:06   #18
scmarines9303
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Books
I'd like to add one that I'm experiencing now: never be afraid to ask educated questions about what you're doing to insure you get the absolute most out of your training.
Great advice!! Wish more soldiers would ask questions like this!!! OUTSTANDING!!!

Edited by Razor: All that red gives me headaches

One Team One Fight!!

Want Respect, Earn it!!!

Semper Fidelis!!
scmarines9303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 13:14   #19
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

[QUOTE=scmarines9303;207569]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Books View Post
I'd like to add one that I'm experiencing now: never be afraid to ask educated questions about what you're doing to insure you get the absolute most out of your training.

Great advice!! Wish more soldiers would ask questions like this!!! OUTSTANDING!!!
Young man what part of Read, Search and read more did you not get?

This is the 3rd time today that you are being told to ratchet it back and read.

Go directly to Go Jail and do not pass GO. Stop Posting and go in and Read all the sticky's (Without making comments) and in time you will be able to make an informed contribution to the board. This is a board of Professionals and not My Space. If you are intending to go the SOF way you are not showing very good Situational Awareness.

I would Highly Recommend you listen as I am one of the more patient QP's with this type of antics. One of the Admins may just boot you.
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 21:59   #20
akunochi
Asset

For all the students. I'll give you my best advice I can.

Take your language seriously. You have no idea how it feels to have the worry of seeing graduation gone because you can't learn you language. Ask for help and dedicate the time. It's only 6 months of your life to put other things on hold.

Good boots. I strongly suggest staying away from those "SOPC" soles. Sure they are soft and squishy, but you will go through them almost once per phase. I highly recommend the belleville boots as they are comfortable and the ankle/sole holds up for awhile.

Practice packing your ruck prior to phase II. Get an idea of how to balance it properly and make important things easily accessible. FYI: Your woobie and sleeping bag or any other personal comfort stuff is not an important item. Socks, shirts, bullets, water, quick pocket snacks.

Pocket snacks: Cracker, peanut butter or anything else you can get quick high carb/protein energy off.

There's more and I'll be sure to follow up.

Thanks

SB
akunochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 18:58   #21
TFtim
SF Candidate

After being here in the course for almost a year, my advice is...Enjoy being there!! Don't complain about how dumb you think it is, or how you're tired of being a student and talked down to. Guys like that suck and are a drag in PT and in class.
Just learn as much as you can and forget about bullshit and distractions from training that don't matter. You're learning some really cool stuff when it comes down to it, especially in MOS.
TFtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 19:16   #22
Richard
Quiet Professional

Listen:Speak:.5:1.

Richard's $.02
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 05:14   #23
Go Devil
Guerrilla Chief

Keep your mind active on positive topics during the few minutes of down time that you have. Help the guy next to you, check your gear, repack your ruck, take care of your feet, and don't forget personal hygene.

Don't fall to the "Mental Creep" .

Last edited by Go Devil; 10-02-2008 at 05:32. Reason: Content
Go Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 19:23   #24
guardwarrior
Asset

Thank you for your knowledge. More research will be done before posting needless threads. I like the never quit.
guardwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 23:24   #25
wet dog

Remember, a team should be...

so close, that if someone is hurt, then everyone feels pain.

That is true, beit, SFAS or after 8 years on an ODA.
Old 08-20-2010, 23:51   #26
peepee1
BANNED USER

Looking back

I wish I would have written TRs bullets down and kept them in my pocket the entire time while in the Q...especially in SUT and the Delta course.
peepee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 15:07   #27
98NS81
Asset

Thank you Gentlemen.
98NS81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:58   #28
sean827
SF Candidate

Love this post.

I read this for inspiration before SFAS, now doing the same about to start SFQC.

Last edited by sean827; 10-18-2014 at 06:56.
sean827 is offline   Reply With Quote