Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 01-28-2021, 12:41   #16
Flagg
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post
I actually wish she had stayed in the House and after all the election dust settled she simply switched party affiliations like that guy in New Jersey - who BTW got re-elected as a Republican in a strong Democratic town. I guess the town still liked him.

P.S. I don’t like the two party situation any better than the next person who is not a “Republican” or an “Democrat” and since “liberals” are now centrists again maybe I can go back to calling myself a conservative libertarian without being lumped into a niche group of voters who don’t ‘identify’ as “Independent.”

My only reason to start the thread was that she keeps coming further out against her “party’s” hard left direction and calling a spade a spade now more so then since she ran as a centrist liberal. And, yes Box, her foreign policy objectives showed just how un-electable she was, but I’d rather have her in the WH than either of the two there now.

Plus, have you seen her in a bikini?
I’m definitely a fan of Tulsi Gabbard.

However, I strongly disagree with her on a few quite important issues that cannot be overlooked or neglected.

So I see her as a “least bad” Democrat and I think she is worthy of trust(outside of a few key issues).

I really appreciated Tulsi’s singlehanded destruction of Kamala Harris’s primary run last year.

I suspect Tulsi’s strategy, after seeing so many deplatformed on social, is to build her attack array via podcasting.

Podcasting is far more distributed and decentralised than centralised big tech platforms. It’s really really hard to deplatform a successful podcast.

And Tulsi has a great friendship/relationship with podcasting giant Joe Rogan to help build her own audience.

IE: Ayatollah Khomeini gained much of his influence in the Shah’s corrupt Iran despite SAVAK efforts via copied cassette tapes for long form listening.

So I think it’s going to be well worth keeping an eye on Tulsl’s podcasting reach and engagement over time.

Podcasting could really become vital ground in the political fight ahead.

As a bad surfer and Pacifika resident myself, I have to admit I certainly don’t dislike Tulsi’s aroha/aloha of surfing and healthy living/well-being!

In fact, I think it would be a great idea if she did some video content with political guests sitting on boards past the break.

I don’t know what to think of her viability as a candidate in 2024, but at a minimum she is a legit and powerful influence on those in the middle of the political spectrum.

I wish her luck in the next 4 years and really hope she sees the light on a few major policy issues.
Flagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 13:59   #17
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

The Bikini !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post
I actually wish she had stayed in the House and after all the election dust settled she simply switched party affiliations like that guy in New Jersey - who BTW got re-elected as a Republican in a strong Democratic town. I guess the town still liked him.

P.S. I don’t like the two party situation any better than the next person who is not a “Republican” or an “Democrat” and since “liberals” are now centrists again maybe I can go back to calling myself a conservative libertarian without being lumped into a niche group of voters who don’t ‘identify’ as “Independent.”

My only reason to start the thread was that she keeps coming further out against her “party’s” hard left direction and calling a spade a spade now more so then since she ran as a centrist liberal. And, yes Box, her foreign policy objectives showed just how un-electable she was, but I’d rather have her in the WH than either of the two there now.

Plus, have you seen her in a bikini?
WHERE ARE THE PHOTOS ? Once I see the product, I might engage her philosophy & social thinking....see where my mind & thoughts are headed....
Old 01-28-2021, 21:24   #18
Penn
Area Commander

Flagg, what are your concerns?
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 21:50   #19
Flagg
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom kelly View Post
WHERE ARE THE PHOTOS ? Once I see the product, I might engage her philosophy & social thinking....see where my mind & thoughts are headed....
This album popped up.

https://imgur.com/gallery/RAlSRaR

Seems like a mixed Promo/PR album.

Starts with some surf photos....mostly in sporty rashguard or springsuit, the same go to uniform for the surfie girls I saw out on my beach today.

She may not be a competitive level surfie, but she is definitely legit and not just doing it for optics.
Old 01-28-2021, 22:23   #20
Flagg
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn View Post
Flagg, what are your concerns?
To me, 2A is critical. Tulsi needs to adjust her position on 2A.

Universal health care is what Tulsi supports. I don’t think government can “fix” it. I would be leaning towards cheaper/easier access to both limited primary/preventative care as well as limited catastrophic insurance cover for all.

Tulsi’s position on free community college and free 4 year college for everyone under $125k sounds nice, but maybe just allow those with student debt to declare it in bankruptcy again like prior to 2006?

I bet schools will suddenly offer much better value for dollar if their accounts receivable is no longer government guaranteed, and can be written off in bankruptcy.

Tulsi needs to articulate her tax policy, very nebulous with no depth.

But I do agree with, or align close enough, on most of her policy issues.

And I trust her(so far).

Back in 2008 on another forum I joked around about a counter-candidate to President Obama.

Without being disrespectful, I believe then Senator and now former President Obama was “manufactured” akin to how you have to manufacture a football team to go to the Super Bowl. You have a limited window to make it all come together and it worked.

I joked that the perfect Republican candidate would be a 40+ year old, mixed ethnicity(latina), female, attractive optics, veteran, small-business owner, socially liberal, fiscal conservative, pro 2A gun owner, who scares the crap out of hard left liberals, illegal immigrants, and the NRA like Mohammed Ali scared black folks in the 60’s speaking uncomfortable truth.

Tulsi is somewhat close.

2A, party, and small business running I got wrong, with a few things still on the fence. But she certainly makes for a somewhat attack proof thorn in the side of Democrats.

I’ll be watching and listening to Tulsi closely the next few years.

With long-form podcasting, it will be very hard for her to avoid taking positions and building a “just in time” candidate built on aspirational “hope”.

Hopefully she continues to grow her attack array and evolves on a few of her positions.
Old 01-29-2021, 07:59   #21
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Here is a look back on the clown-car of candidates going into the 2020 cycle.

Bernie is not pictured because he's so far north of Liberal that it didn't make sense to include that in the image.

Gabbard is in the center scrum....along with Biden. Klamata is classified as most liberal short of the Bern

Business Insider is from what I can tell, a fairly neutral platform.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BI candidate rankings 2020.jpg (35.9 KB, 59 views)

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 12:40   #22
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

Tulsi Gabbard/Photo Album:

I saw the photos, air-brushed & some photo shopped. Overall, in her 20's & early 30's attractive & nice figure. In person looks older now @ 40 yrs; face shows show's past scarring on cheeks probably teen acne skin condition. Nice person, easy to converse with, states her opinions, not overbearing, condescending and insufferable.
Old 01-29-2021, 14:32   #23
sg1987
Guerrilla Chief

^^^^^ your review sounds like you are placing an ad...
Old 01-29-2021, 19:34   #24
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg1987 View Post
^^^^^ your review sounds like you are placing an ad...
There are RINOs that don't have those qualifications. The party could swap Romney for her maybe. But that's all theoretical. That elephant is, as Hemingway would say, "well and truly" dead. They are not a way forward.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 22:09   #25
PSM
Area Commander

I guess that she's a DINO.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 06:51   #26
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 21:39   #27
Penn
Area Commander

Today. Tulsi Gabbard: The Attorney General is weaponizing federal agencies to intimidate Americans into compliance

https://www.foxnews.com/media/tulsi-...ans-compliance

Quote:
And the reality is that, as you know, very well, whether we disagree or agree with each other, whether our speech is quiet or obnoxious, our speech is protected by the First Amendment. It's something that I, as a soldier and as a member of Congress, took an oath to support and defend the Constitution. And I may hate the speech that you say. I may completely disagree with it, but I will lay down my life to protect your right to say it.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 20:13   #28
abc_123
Quiet Professional

I think she's pretty hot. That's my opinion.
Old 10-08-2021, 20:34   #29
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
She is a left wing democrat - she just happens to be a left wing democrat that was willing to call Obama on his refusal to say "Islamic Extremism"

Her foreign policy is all over the map - loves to demand that someone do something - wails and protests when we shoot someone.

She protested the Dakota pipeline - she has nefarious positions on the 2nd Amendment.

People are amazed because she has actually stood by her feelings on free speech. Democrats usually wail about it until they are in a position to suppress it.

Make no mistakes she is a liberal. Its a sign of the times when we can look at such a democrat and think "she's almost a republican"

I would opine she may lean to the right of her party, she is still less republican than the ever virtuous senator from Youtall - Milt Robney
not by much but still...........
Exactly right....leftism is a game of inches and feet they gain 4 inches then lose a foot then gain 4 inches then lose a foot then gain 4 inches....at the end of the day they never lose but always gaining inches. Leftism historically has always come to take over societies in the same manner until it self destructs.....every generation is farther left including the right until the left is far left the left is center and the right is liberal....just change the definition of left and right.....the current definition and tradition of left vs right wing was based off the late 1700s French Monarchy however by the traditional definition the left is actually right wing adhering to fascism, totalitarianism and communist while the right is left wing which sought freedom from tyranny.
Old 10-08-2021, 20:40   #30
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
She is a 90s early 2000s Democrat liberal not really a committed leftistt we have to give her time to realize the Democrats are thoroughly evil not partially evil....growing up in a leftist stronghold of Hawaii isolated to the island with little exposure to true conservative not the version she grew up learning