Old 08-10-2015, 15:17   #1
osc
Asset

Central Arizona Training?

This post is a direct request for assistance and guidance in pursuing a career in Special Forces.
I am looking for a personal contact in my area to mentor, meet, and train with.
Thank you for your time and consideration.

About Me :
I am currently a (11B) Sergeant in the Arizona National Guard 2+ yrs

I was on active duty with 10th Mtn Div for 3 years did a 12 mo tour in Afghanistan in 11/12. After getting out I transitioned into the NG thinking I would finish my contract off and ETS.

Well after doing a couple years of fire fighting and drilling with the guard I some how came to the conclusion that I needed to go SF ... I tried to fight it off but its a creeping obsession that wont go away. I've now made the decision to embrace it and begin my journey into this new chapter.

I am dedicated to the long haul no shortcuts for me. After the last couple months of reading and research I've come to my conclusion. To be the most successful candidate I must prepare the most.
I am looking for a mentor and someone to push me harder than I can by myself.

I live in Gilbert, AZ. I also stay in Payson during the week for work.
I also frequent Prescott and Flagstaff.

I ask for your time and knowledge and in return you will get my hard work and dedication.

-oscar
osc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 16:22   #2
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by osc View Post
This post is a direct request for assistance and guidance in pursuing a career in Special Forces.
I am looking for a personal contact in my area to mentor, meet, and train with.
Thank you for your time and consideration.

About Me :
I am currently a (11B) Sergeant in the Arizona National Guard 2+ yrs

I was on active duty with 10th Mtn Div for 3 years did a 12 mo tour in Afghanistan in 11/12. After getting out I transitioned into the NG thinking I would finish my contract off and ETS.

Well after doing a couple years of fire fighting and drilling with the guard I some how came to the conclusion that I needed to go SF ... I tried to fight it off but its a creeping obsession that wont go away. I've now made the decision to embrace it and begin my journey into this new chapter.

I am dedicated to the long haul no shortcuts for me. After the last couple months of reading and research I've come to my conclusion. To be the most successful candidate I must prepare the most.
I am looking for a mentor and someone to push me harder than I can by myself.

I live in Gilbert, AZ. I also stay in Payson during the week for work.
I also frequent Prescott and Flagstaff.

I ask for your time and knowledge and in return you will get my hard work and dedication.

-oscar
Oscar, not to put a damper on your enthusiasm, but please read "A Message to Garcia", also posted on this board and let us know what you think it means.

Best of luck.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 16:58   #3
osc
Asset

Simply put it is TO DO.

... thank you
osc is offline   Reply With Quote