Old 11-30-2020, 05:27   #1
glebo
Quiet Professional

Taurus G2C??

What do you all think of a Taurus G2C 9mm?? I know Taurus has had sort of a bad rap of their semi's, but the price is good. 299.00.

Its for an EDC, it's a bit smaller that my Glock 19 I'm carrying around, and I like the feel of it also. Downside is, I haven't shot one yet...

I'm just looking for something in 9mm for a decent price. I thought about a SIG P365...but the Taurus is 200 bucks cheaper...

It needs to be reliable enough for an EDC and maybe a bit of range time..

thanks
Old 11-30-2020, 06:28   #2
Swoop
Quiet Professional

I recently purchased a SA Hellcat; though it is on the more expensive side (around $580) I don’t think you can beat the reliability. I really like the way it feels even though it is a compact and the accuracy is outstanding. See the link below for some of the tests of the pistol.

https://www.thearmorylife.com/hellca...-and-counting/
Swoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 06:47   #3
Box
Quiet Professional

If you are looking for a low cost EDC in 9mm you might check out the SCCY. Ive seen them as low as 220 bucks at AAFES were guns are sold.
A 9mm pistol scaled down to roughly the size of a most 380s

Dont own one but I have shot one - not a bad choice for low dollar EDC
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 06:20   #4
Hand
Guerrilla Chief

I JUST read this story this morning.

Full story

I have a P365. It has close to 2k rounds through it to date and I cannot recall a single issue with it.
I even put on a straight trigger all by myself and still no problems!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8FE8A143-B345-41A6-BAC0-521F77D35611.jpg (42.8 KB, 33 views)

"Fuck that - man up - kick over the podium, piss on the teleprompter, wave your dick at the TV cameras and drop the mic' as you walk off the stage. " - the QP formerly known as BillyLBach

Last edited by Hand; 12-01-2020 at 06:23.
Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 12:10   #5
glebo
Quiet Professional

Thanks Gents...
Wow, that's not good on that .380. That's what used to happen to the Barretta 9mm when they first came out before they fixed it with that MWO to keep the slide from coming off and back into your eye. Although this one actually separated and exploded? I guess??

Well, I hope that Taurus I just picked up decides to be nice to me. It's not like I'm gonna put a million rounds through it....

I guess guns are like trucks or cars, everyone has their favorite...

Ya'll have a good'un, ya hear..
Old 12-01-2020, 18:24   #6
EricV
Guerrilla

Well, I just took delivery on a Taurus G3C about an hour and a half ago as I write this. Points well for me. I suddenly realized that , due to my age, the carry weapons I got years ago are turning into collector items.

Mmm... Manual says it's +P rated but doesn't recommend it especially for practice. I guess it's Nyclads for carry then.
Old 12-02-2020, 05:43   #7
glebo
Quiet Professional

Nice review on that G3C according to the vid I saw. If the G2C is like that, should be no problem..

Enjoy..
Old 12-05-2020, 12:03   #8
EricV
Guerrilla

Have not fired it yet, but thought I'd mention some things. Came dry as a bone. Not dirty 'cept some powder residue when I cleaned and oiled it. Don't think they fired more then a round or 3 as a test. Could only get 11 rounds in the 12 round mag. Maybe I've become a wuss in my old age.

The Taurus web site has a fair amount of additional stuff for the G2-G3. Worth checking out for all you "operators."
Old 12-05-2020, 19:38   #9
doctom54
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricV View Post
Have not fired it yet, but thought I'd mention some things. Came dry as a bone. Not dirty 'cept some powder residue when I cleaned and oiled it. Don't think they fired more then a round or 3 as a test. Could only get 11 rounds in the 12 round mag. Maybe I've become a wuss in my old age.

The Taurus web site has a fair amount of additional stuff for the G2-G3. Worth checking out for all you "operators."
Hopefully you can most problems with 11 rounds

I carry a Kahr and 7 rounds
Old 12-06-2020, 05:03   #10
glebo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricV View Post

I don't know about all that, I haven't sat behind an SB-22 switchboard in eons.....
Old 12-11-2020, 17:58   #11
EricV
Guerrilla

Dragged myself to the range to see if the G3c is worth staking my life on. Fired 'bout 70 rounds of 115 grain Win, Fed, and Rem hard ball to start at a fairly quick pace to get it to choke/hiccup. No failures of any sort. Next up was 30 rounds of 115 grain +P Remington hollow point at a slower pace. No failures here either. Seems Taurus feels that you need to shoot the thing 300 times to "break it in" but mine worked perfectly out of the box.

Gun shot low and to the left. The left was me, not sure about the low. Grip is too small for me round wise, but long enough. Lousy group at ten yards, but the gun is more accurate then I am at this point. Also missed the trigger reset point a couple of times as my other autos are set differently. Guess I'll get a snap cap out for some dry fire exercise to reset some muscle memory.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with it. With a 3 inch barrel and sight picture, I'm not planning on long distance engagements.