Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 10-10-2023, 19:43   #16
Badger52
Area Commander

CENTCOM Statement on arrival of Carrier Group

LINK to full statement here.

Quote:
TAMPA, Fla. - The USS Gerald R. Ford Carrier Strike Group arrives in the Eastern Mediterranean Sea in order to deter any actor seeking to escalate the situation or widen this war (like Hezbollah?). The forces in the area include the U.S. Navy aircraft carrier USS Gerald R. Ford (CVN 78), with its 8 squadrons of attack and support aircraft, and the Ticonderoga class guided missile cruiser USS Normandy (CG 60), as well as the Arleigh Burke class guided missile destroyers USS Thomas Hudner (DDG 116), USS Ramage (DDG 61), USS Carney (DDG 64), and USS Roosevelt (DDG 80).

Efforts to increase U.S. posture continue, including the rapid movement into theater of U.S. Air Force F-15s, F-16s and A-10s to augment existing fighter squadrons in the region.
Just can't seem to retire the ol' Hawg.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 22:02   #17
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

This was inevitable.

The Israelis have repeatedly given too much land and access back in attempt to placate their enemies, and almost always to their regrets.

They left Gaza to Hamas, who turned it into a festering sewer and as a base for further attacks on Israel.

I can't believe that there are Americans supporting animals like Hamas. I worry
about the future of our country.

Prayers out for the fallen Israelis and other innocent victims.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 09:21   #18
bblhead672
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn View Post
How does the most threaten country on the planet armed with one of the most active intel apparatuses in the world miss the development of the Hamas attack? It’s a system wide failure, unlike our 9/11, which was rumored, expressed, and expected at some point.
From the video’s broadcasted there seemed to be hundreds of single manned paragliders, surely their training would have attracted attention, unless paragliding is all the rage in the West Bank, not to mention that dual used motorized parasailing in the USA, requires a license, because it's dangerous. only mention to illustrate a dually assassin team requires even more training and airtime.
With that in mind, the training and planning was not conducted in an observable AO, but most likely was conducted in a neighboring state far from view and closely held. Certainly, there are other possibilities, but what are the chances that this was allowed to happen?
Imo, there are just to many moving parts (AS&L) to grease for the attack to not have been telegraphed/exposed.
I'm reading more and more people asking how could Israel's intelligence and defense systems miss the planning and build up to this operation? Also, did the Biden's administration decision to stop sharing intelligence with Israel mean that the US either also missed all of this OR knew it and failed to notify "our greatest ally" in the Middle East?
Another question I've seen multiple places is "did Israeli intelligence/government know the attack was coming but decided to do nothing to use it as an excuse to rid themselves of Hamas once and for all?"
“Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.”

--Thomas Jefferson
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 09:50   #19
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Israel has hit airports in Damascus and Aleppo.
Old 10-12-2023, 11:44   #20
sg1987
Guerrilla Chief

They’ve got balls, when they’re pushed hard enough.
Old 10-12-2023, 14:01   #21
Joker
Quiet Professional

I posted this on LinkedIn in response to a post stating Iranian cells are working with the MX cartels, which we saw before I retired.

Hamas is today’s Da’ish. Hamas and Hezbollah are designated terrorist organizations. Anyone supporting or “coordinating” with them should be prosecuted. This includes members of Congress, the Executive Branch, and DoS. As Iran directs and funds both of them they are in the same boat. Prosecute everyone.

The current administration is asleep at the proverbial wheel and none of the administrations all the way back to G.H.W. Bush did much to stop the flow of Hamas and Hezbollah cells infiltrating into the US. The US had best become prepared for attacks inside our borders.

I would suggest that if a person can mentally, physically, and legally carry a weapon, get the training and do so. The police are not prepared or manned for a terrorist attack and the military are prohibited to react in a timely manner (laws).
DOL
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 14:10   #22
bblhead672
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker View Post
The US had best become prepared for attacks inside our borders.

I would suggest that if a person can mentally, physically, and legally carry a weapon, get the training and do so. The police are not prepared or manned for a terrorist attack and the military are prohibited to react in a timely manner (laws).
DOL
Totally agree. The security of my family and myself is my responsibility.

Appears they are here and not afraid to show themselves.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F78NsTWW0AIHJ3V.jpg (99.6 KB, 68 views)
“Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.”

--Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-12-2023, 15:11   #23
abc_123
Quiet Professional

I run around mostly in pretty nice areas and had pretty much downsized from my 9mm to a small .380 to throw in my pocket on the way out the door. I'm going back to 9mm with hi cap mags for a while with all this bullshit going on.
Old 10-12-2023, 16:37   #24
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

Quote:
DOL
Just had this conversation with my son yesterday, specifically mentioning the abundance of military aged males who have been entering illegally from certain countries of interest.
Trained him in all the basics when he was young, he took it upon himself to get serious with it once he was an adult.

The world is becoming a smaller and more dangerous place.
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 20:52   #25
bubba
Quiet Professional

The last thing that any of these “terroist groups” want to do is play “Cowboys and Hajis”……. It will not end well…. For them.

Seriously, the US is the most heavily armed nation on the planet. The only thing I would say to any would-be terror cells planning to “rise up” would be: Bring your A-Game, pack a lunch, and have your affairs in order.

Think of the sheer numbers of Patriotic American Veterans with front-line combat experience scattered around the US. Think of just how many capable riflemen who know these enemies, their TTPs, and are fighting for their families. Combine that with the extreme isolation (geographically) the USA has to offer, plus the need for MWE to fight the Israelis, and any home-grown / infiltrated cell is completely SOL after the first week-ish of their little uprising.

I’m just mad I’ll be out of town if it happens.
“Use teamwork and control. A squad without teamwork and control is nothing more than a small mob with weapons. Success depends on a high level of teamwork and control within the squad.” — pg. 3-596 STP 7-11BCHM-SM-TG

“Let’s go Brandon!” — Kelli Stavast

"...I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere.” — Thomas Jefferson

When the Revolution goes “live”, the People I’m worried about, are NOT the People I worry about. — Me

Last edited by bubba; 10-12-2023 at 20:59.
bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 21:31   #26
mojaveman
Area Commander

Quote:
Israel has hit airports in Damascus and Aleppo.
Remember in the summer of '81 when Israel flew into Iraq and blew up the nuclear reactor they were building?

I say Israel now has the capability to pull off a mission all of the way to Tehran. New modified F-35s, tanker aircraft, technology, etc.
mojaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 07:17   #27
Box
Quiet Professional

If such an event were to occur here in the USA, the very first thing I would expect to see on the news would be loud weeping cries by the left to "finally" enact some common sense gun laws.
Our own government would place more effort into monitoring our citizens and disarming the weak than they would EVER spend on using words like "radical islamofascism"

I would fully expect exactly what we are seeing now - nationwide capitulation on our university campuses - caveats tacked to the the end of political condemnations - reworded warnings to blame this on white supremacy or right wing nationalism.
Just like we are seeing now.

"Change my mind."
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 08:53   #28
bblhead672
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
If such an event were to occur here in the USA, the very first thing I would expect to see on the news would be loud weeping cries by the left to "finally" enact some common sense gun laws.
Our own government would place more effort into monitoring our citizens and disarming the weak than they would EVER spend on using words like "radical islamofascism"

I would fully expect exactly what we are seeing now - nationwide capitulation on our university campuses - caveats tacked to the the end of political condemnations - reworded warnings to blame this on white supremacy or right wing nationalism.
Just like we are seeing now.

"Change my mind."
Sadly, as usual, you are on target.

Good thing we have our military to protect us.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F8Ca1ohWAAA8fNI.jpg (54.7 KB, 61 views)

--Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-13-2023, 12:10   #29
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
The police are not prepared or manned for a terrorist attack and the military are prohibited to react in a timely manner (laws).
DOL
Just a reminder that, in the 1994 Rodney King riots in L.A., the police actually pulled out leaving the citizens to fend for themselves. Remember the Roof Koreans?

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 12:35   #30
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
Just a reminder that, in the 1994 Rodney King riots in L.A., the police actually pulled out leaving the citizens to fend for themselves. Remember the Roof Koreans?
Warren v. District of Columbia was already 10 years old when the LA riots started.
Make no mistakes:

YOU.ARE.ON.YOUR.OWN.AMERICA.

Those would would treat you like subjects don't give a FUCK about you once the first fucking car tire is set on fire. They will certainly spend your tax money to hire armed security to protect themselves - but the peasantry can just fuck right off...
...and you can fuck right off without your dry white toast
...without your high capacity magazines
...your four fried chickens
...without your $eM1-@ut0matic a$$au1t weapons
...and WITHOUT Matt 'Guitar' Murphy

I have spoken.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote