Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 10-15-2022, 06:42   #1
Longstreet
Guerrilla

Mlitary Boot Disection

Jayson here and I am providing a few QOUTUBE vidoes of ROSEANVIL who enjoys studying boot construction and cuts open various types of boots/footwear. While he usually cuts open new boots, he has in the past taken apart several vintage military boots from WW2.

Have a look:

Five modern tactical boots
https://www.Qoutube.com/watch?v=de0eChM0XiM

Jungle Boots
https://www.Qoutube.com/watch?v=EXbyACeulIE

WW2 German Boots
https://www.Qoutube.com/watch?v=K5m_SD-WhHE

WW2 British Boots
https://www.Qoutube.com/watch?v=mZu4RSwgho4

WW2 American Boots
https://www.Qoutube.com/watch?v=Wtxpzw0jvNg

He also dissects other boots/footwear including sandles, cowboy boots, work boots and running shoes.

jaYson
I’ve come to a frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element in the classroom. It’s my personal approach that creates the climate. It’s my daily mood that makes the weather. As a teacher, I possess a tremendous power to make a child’s life miserable or joyous. I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration. I can humiliate or heal. In all situations, it is my response that decides whether a crisis will be escalated or de-escalated and a child humanized or dehumanized.
--Haim Ginott--
Longstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 04:07   #2
Airbornelawyer

Earnie Savage and I once went out to one of the ranges on Fort Benning to evaluate some proposed "mine resistant" boots and compare them with other designs, including standard issue combat boots and jungle boots. We used C4 to dissect them. Good times.
Airbornelawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 10:44   #3
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbornelawyer View Post
Earnie Savage and I once went out to one of the ranges on Fort Benning to evaluate some proposed "mine resistant" boots and compare them with other designs, including standard issue combat boots and jungle boots. We used C4 to dissect them. Good times.
Ok, give it up. How did it go? Here's your T-shirt.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KIMG0135.jpg (59.2 KB, 25 views)

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 12:43   #4
Airbornelawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
Ok, give it up. How did it go? Here's your T-shirt.
The standard issue boots were shredded.

The mine-resistant variety sort of predated what you see with MRAPs. They had a V-shaped reinforced sole, with softer material on the sides to get a flatter sole, with the idea of deflecting the blast to mitigate injury. They were a bit of an improvement, but most people have two legs, so you are deflecting part of the blast at your other leg.

The jungle boots were sheared in half, including the metal shank that reinforces the sole. So, you may be missing a foot, but you gain a knife or two.

Of course, the best part of the job was hanging out with Earnie, having a few beers, and getting war stories, including what it was really like with the so-called lost patrol. He wasn't a big fan of the movie. I never did ask if the SGM Plumley anecdotes were true.

Last edited by Airbornelawyer; 10-20-2022 at 12:47.
Airbornelawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 16:04   #5
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbornelawyer View Post
Of course, the best part of the job was hanging out with Earnie, having a few beers, and getting war stories, including what it was really like with the so-called lost patrol. He wasn't a big fan of the movie. I never did ask if the SGM Plumley anecdotes were true.
Sounds like an awesome time.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote