Old 12-08-2022, 08:57   #1
cbtengr
Area Commander

Is anyone surprised

The best of America? Hardly an equal trade.

Biden celebrates release of Brittney Griner in prisoner swap for 'Merchant of Death' arms dealer Viktor Bout - but FAILS to free Marine vet Paul Whelan: President says WNBA star who was jailed for smuggling cannabis 'represents best of America'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...oner-swap.html
Old 12-08-2022, 12:46   #2
bblhead672
Area Commander

"Best of America"? I gagged when I read that this morning.
“Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.”

--Thomas Jefferson
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 13:05   #3
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Short answer: gay ball players get votes, USMC, not so much..

I was curious about pvt Whelan,, so I pulled up the winkie-dink entry.

Is he worth the effort??
IDK, change my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by U S Marine, Paul Whelan

Paul Nicholas Whelan (born March 5, 1970) is a Canadian-born former United States Marine with U.S., British, and Irish citizenship.[2][3] He was arrested in Russia on December 28, 2018, and accused of spying. On June 15, 2020, he received a 16-year prison sentence.

He is described as a corporate security director. He received a bad conduct discharge from the US Marine Corps. He was reported to have previously worked as a police officer in Michigan.

Career

According to a deposition Whelan gave in 2013, he was in law enforcement from 1988 to 2000 as a police officer in Chelsea, Michigan, and a sheriff's deputy in Washtenaw County.[7] The Chelsea Police however said he worked in lesser roles and as a part-time officer from 1990 to 1996, while the Washtenaw County sheriff reported no record of his employment.[7] A former colleague said he was a patrol officer from 1998 to 2000 in the Keego Harbor police department.[7]

He was an IT manager for the Kelly Services staffing company from 2001[8] to 2003, and then 2008 to 2010. From 2010 to 2016 Whelan was Kelly Services' senior manager of global security and operations.[8]

He enlisted in the Marine Corps Reserve in 1994.[7] He took military leave from Kelly Services to serve with the Marine Corps Reserve from 2003 to 2008, including service in Iraq. He held the rank of staff sergeant with Marine Air Control Group 38 working as an administrative clerk and administrative chief, and he was part of Operation Iraqi Freedom.[8] After a court-martial conviction in January 2008 on multiple counts "related to larceny", he was sentenced to 60 days restriction, reduction to pay grade E-4, and a bad conduct discharge.[9][10] The specific charges against him included "attempted larceny, three specifications of dereliction of duty, making a false official statement, wrongfully using another’s social security number, and ten specifications of making and uttering checks without having sufficient funds in his account for payment."[11]

When arrested in Russia, Whelan was director of global security and investigations for BorgWarner, an international automotive parts manufacturer based in Michigan.[8] His work with Kelly Services and BorgWarner gave Whelan contacts with law enforcement in many countries.[citation needed]

Whelan traveled to Russia several times from 2006 and maintained an intermittent presence on a Russian language social media website, Vkontakte (VK), where he had approximately 70 contacts. He has studied Russian but communicated online using Google Translate.[12][3] Whelan supported US President Donald Trump and, after Trump's 2016 election victory, Whelan posted in Russian Президент Трамп Вперед!! (President Trump Onward!!).[13][a]

He said in a deposition in 2013 that he holds a bachelor's degree in criminal justice and an MBA degree.[14] He took courses at Northern Michigan University from fall 1988 to fall 1990 without earning a degree.[12]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_W...urity_director)

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 15:55   #4
MR2
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
IDK, change my mind

Who knows - we do know that Wikipedia can/has be/been edited for political purposes with/without approval of the editors.

It's Never Crowded Along the Extra Mile - Wayne Dyer

WOKE = Willfully Overlooking Known Evil
MR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 19:36   #5
Badger52
Area Commander

She was lucky from the get-go. Since she (and her agent) obviously don't have regard for the laws of the ground where their feet actually touch, it's good for her that she didn't get busted in some country where the justice is achieved inside 72 hours and they ship your carcass (in two pieces) back to CONUS.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 10:02   #6
Sdiver
Area Commander

Meh.
Is anyone REALLY surprised?
Joe has always had a habit of leaving Marines behind.
Sdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 11:04   #7
mark46th
Quiet Professional

She better whistling The Star Spangled Banner out of her ass as she bends over to kiss the ground when she arrives in the U.S.
mark46th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 12:18   #8
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark46th View Post
She better whistling The Star Spangled Banner out of her ass as she bends over to kiss the ground when she arrives in the U.S.
I'm guessing she'll more likely be on the talk show circuit bashing America within 72 hours of getting off the freedom bird
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 13:53   #9
bubba
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
I'm guessing she'll more likely be on the talk show circuit bashing America within 72 hours of getting off the freedom bird
Good? I hope she lights up a bowl of kush and trashes the US while wearing a Che T-shirt….. at least then she’d be consistent with her inconsistent hypocrisy…. Besides, it’s not like anyone who votes dim is going to get it and those who vote rep are not going to watch it (other than to laugh at her dumb ass).

This will be forgotten like everything else in the amount of time it takes to bake some cookies and open Christmas presents…..
“Use teamwork and control. A squad without teamwork and control is nothing more than a small mob with weapons. Success depends on a high level of teamwork and control within the squad.” — pg. 3-596 STP 7-11BCHM-SM-TG

“Let’s go Brandon!” — Kelli Stavast

"...I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere.” — Thomas Jefferson

When the Revolution goes “live”, the People I’m worried about, are NOT the People I worry about. — Me
bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 12:24   #10
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba View Post
Good? I hope she lights up a bowl of kush and trashes the US while wearing a Che T-shirt….. at least then she’d be consistent with her inconsistent hypocrisy…. Besides, it’s not like anyone who votes dim is going to get it and those who vote rep are not going to watch it (other than to laugh at her dumb ass).

This will be forgotten like everything else in the amount of time it takes to bake some cookies and open Christmas presents…..
She/It won't change, the privileged ones think they are better than anyone else...

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote