Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 07-24-2005, 14:27   #16
LokDog
FTFSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper
SF Recruiting Company, Ft Bragg, 910 432-1818.
I have a question about the 18X. My question, is there something similar for officers...specifically medical officers. Everyone I know says it is very difficult for a medical officer to get the opportunity to select and ultimately SFQC.

Thanks,
LD
LokDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 14:44   #17
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by LokDog
I have a question about the 18X. My question, is there something similar for officers...specifically medical officers.
No. Officer accessions are completely different. For about the 143rd time on this site, 18X is for initial entry enlisted soldiers only. If you are serious enough about SF to want to know, you should have asked a recruiter already, and he should have told you that. AD is different than RC. The following pertains to AD officers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LokDog
Everyone I know says it is very difficult for a medical officer to get the opportunity to select and ultimately SFQC.
It is. The Army brings in Med officers and pays them to practice medicine, not to play Rambo.

If a Med Officer gets to the SF (and some do at thew moment) it is only to get the Tab, he will never be an SF Officer or on an ODA.

The only way to beat this is to resign your commission and try out as an enlisted soldier, or try a Guard route.

Life is all about choices. Sounds like you already made yours. Contact the Accessions Officer at SF Branch if you have further questions about SF service. If you are already commissioned as a Med Branch Officer and an O-2 or O-3, contact the USASOC Surgeon for further details.

Fill in your profile, read the stickies, and introduce yourserlf on the Intros thread before posting again.

Have a very SF day.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 14:49   #18
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Okay kid, you have asked the same question in two places, failed to follow instructions, and pretty much indicated your lack of suitability for SF.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 16:51   #19
LokDog
FTFSI

failed to read

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper
...you have asked the same question in two places, failed to follow instructions...

I apologize for offending this forum. I did obviously fail to read the rules/instructions and did ask in two seperate places in rapid sequence.

Again, I apologize for being:

1. unaware of the rules prior to posting,
2. repetitive nature of my question (i.e. already answered previously)
3. and finally for double posting.

LD

Last edited by LokDog; 07-24-2005 at 16:52. Reason: misprint
LokDog is offline   Reply With Quote