Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 01-05-2023, 16:19   #1681
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
since when do leftist narratives have anything to do with constitutional freedoms?

you guys are killing me here
killing me
We'll be here through the weekend.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 14:17   #1682
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

DOJ is forced to undermine background check system in order to win appeal.
Gun-grabbers salty about it.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...laws-rcna63519
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)

Last edited by GratefulCitizen; 01-06-2023 at 15:38.
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 16:14   #1683
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by GratefulCitizen View Post
DOJ is forced to undermine background check system in order to win appeal.
Gun-grabbers salty about it.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...laws-rcna63519
This level of Big Mad is interesting. Can The Regime quietly fail to submit their appeal on time and thus - quietly - make the thing go away other than the Big Check they have to cut?

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Old 01-07-2023, 10:58   #1684
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

5th circuit smacks down ATF.
Bump stocks are not machine guns.

https://www.ca5.uscourts.gov/opinion...-51016-CV2.pdf
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
Old 01-07-2023, 11:00   #1685
Box
Quiet Professional

Bump stocks were NEVER machine guns - what does that have to do with the Marxist left respecting the bill-of-priveledges ??
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 11:23   #1686
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

Gun control is in retreat.
3rd circuit to rehear case concerning non-violent felons owning firearms.

https://www.reuters.com/legal/govern...ns-2023-01-06/

https://fingfx.thomsonreuters.com/gf...lon_enbanc.pdf
Old 01-09-2023, 13:16   #1687
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

TRO imposed on New Jersey’s sensitive places.
https://assets.nationbuilder.com/fir...pdf?1673275321

The judge’s reasoning eviscerates state arguments.
Old 01-10-2023, 12:24   #1688
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

New ATF rule challenged.
https://storage.courtlistener.com/re...371791.1.0.pdf

This lawsuit is thorough.
Old 01-10-2023, 19:41   #1689
Badger52
Area Commander

National Carry Reciprocity Bill Intro'd

The proverbial snowball's chance in hell but...

Quote:
Rep. Richard Hudson (R) introduced national reciprocity for concealed carry in the 118th Congress on Monday night.

The legislation, H.R. 38–also known as the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act–has a bipartisan group of 118 co-sponsors.

H.R. 38 would make the concealed carry permit of any one state valid in the other 49, just like a driver’s license.

Hudson commented on the legislation, saying:

H.R. 38 guarantees the Second Amendment does not disappear when crossing an invisible state line….[It] protects law-abiding citizens’ rights to conceal carry and travel freely between states without worrying about conflicting state codes or onerous civil suits. I am especially proud to have such widespread and bipartisan support for this measure as I continue working to get this legislation over the finish line.
Link at Breitbart here.

Old 01-11-2023, 20:14   #1690
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

Supreme Court denies emergency relief and allows New York gun law to stand…for now.
The court gave a strong hint that they don’t condone stalling tactics, and seem skeptical at the 2nd circuit’s dearth of reasoning.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinion...2a557_0pm1.pdf

Last edited by GratefulCitizen; 01-11-2023 at 20:45.
Old 01-13-2023, 16:04   #1691
Badger52
Area Commander

ATF Publishes its Pistol Brace guidance

Paraphrase:

"Put on a brace you're a maker, except we're not going to call you one, just this once, aren't we nice? As a maker you need to give us $$$ but we're not going to make you because we've been so "clear" in our analysis. Also, there are so many of you (now) non-makers that it would be an administrative burden."

Here's the link to their PDF.

Alternatives are found in their section V. B.

I want my MTV.

Old 01-13-2023, 17:48   #1692
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
Paraphrase:

"Put on a brace you're a maker, except we're not going to call you one, just this once, aren't we nice? As a maker you need to give us $$$ but we're not going to make you because we've been so "clear" in our analysis. Also, there are so many of you (now) non-makers that it would be an administrative burden."

Here's the link to their PDF.

Alternatives are found in their section V. B.

I want my MTV.

Looks like a quagmire.
Old 01-13-2023, 18:44   #1693
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslode View Post
Looks like a quagmire.
So they're contemplating a 120-day window during which you can do the form less the $200 and you're good. I'm waiting for someone who went ahead and SBR'd their gun to file & ask for their money back. Also, this now screws some folks whose state allows a pistol but doesn't allow SBR's. Their own reasoning is a kluge and sounds like something Joy Reid would think up. Once the date comes, I expect it will be headed through the courts. They don't have a record of doing well when using their own reasoning as their entire case.

Old 01-13-2023, 19:06   #1694
bubba
Quiet Professional

Near as I can tell, the “sentient” law-fare experts on the commie side are fully aware of what Bruen (as the final nail in the coffin of Miller, Heller, McDonald, Brown v Board of Education, Miranda, Dred-Scott, not to mention the ability to read the English language) has done to “gun control”.

The true purpose of the tyrants is putting up as many roadblocks as they can in the shortest amount of time with hopes of maintaining the NFA in some form. Part of their strategy is to use PSYOPS and information warfare on the moronic masses of drones. I don’t think the useful idiots in the media are capable of coherent thought and just parrot the talking points of the commies, and if taken as it’s written, the below statement is exactly what they are publishing only scarier.

“The LAST thing the oppressors want is people like us training like-minded civilians how to conduct L-shaped Ambushes with enfilading fires or FPL’s on their defensive perimeters utilizing Belt-Fed, Air-Cooled, General-Purpose Machine-Guns. That, and that alone, is what the oppressors are trying to stop.”

This flurry of laws that are patently against the USC feels like someone throwing smoke and frag grenades while doing the Aussie Peel….. The only thing is, with a 6-3 majority of TRPs and Airstrikes from over half the county’s Gun-Rights lawyers and groups, I am hopeful that we an pin these commies down and have the reckoning they deserve…..

But, Hope is not a COA, so support your local GOA and keep your powder dry.

It’s time to start saying the quiet part out loud. It’s time to say what we mean. If necessary, civil disobedience of masses of Armed Citizens in locations with “banned guns” (assault rifles with 30rd mags). This tactic will display just how powerless these tyrants are. The cops ain’t got enough jails….. think Selma Alabama…..
“Use teamwork and control. A squad without teamwork and control is nothing more than a small mob with weapons. Success depends on a high level of teamwork and control within the squad.” — pg. 3-596 STP 7-11BCHM-SM-TG

“Let’s go Brandon!” — Kelli Stavast

"...I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere.” — Thomas Jefferson

When the Revolution goes “live”, the People I’m worried about, are NOT the People I worry about. — Me

Last edited by bubba; 01-14-2023 at 08:02.
bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 22:23   #1695
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
So they're contemplating a 120-day window during which you can do the form less the $200 and you're good. I'm waiting for someone who went ahead and SBR'd their gun to file & ask for their money back. Also, this now screws some folks whose state allows a pistol but doesn't allow SBR's. Their own reasoning is a kluge and sounds like something Joy Reid would think up. Once the date comes, I expect it will be headed through the courts. They don't have a record of doing well when using their own reasoning as their entire case.
From what I read it's a 120 day window and your good so long as our friends determine your braced pistol was purchased or built prior to the official notice. Keep a copy of your submission because our friends will be overwhelmed by the influx of submissions.

This will be interesting to watch.