Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Special Forces Questions

Old 12-10-2004, 20:49   #1
gorilla
Asset

Running problems

A crazy thing happened to me today. I was about to start running but i decided I had to go to the bathroom first. So I get to the bathroom and am there for like 5 minutes but to no avail I could not go. I knew I was going to regret this later but I wasnt going to wait around any longer, so I start running. For the most part the run went ok, however the last mile and a half I start to feel something nasty brewing. I think to myself I already had to stop once this week, I cant stop, so I decide to gut it out the rest of the way. I make it to my car sit on the hood for a second for my bowels to retract and then waddle slowely to the bathroom. I get in the stall and get that feeling that everything is going to be ok. I made it. I start to take of my shorts and then remember I tied my car key to the draw sting. I try to undue the knot but I just can't seem to get it and start doing the poopy dance. I have to go so bad, I finally get the knot done and then......NOOOOOOOOOOO....I poop all over myself six inches from the toilet.

I'm fumming now, screaming every cuss word imaginable while i clean myself up. I walk out of the stall with my underwear turned diaper and there is this man just stairing at me completely awe struck......so to break the ice I said, "What's the matter never seen a grown man crap his pants before?" We both laugh and just walk off.

Which leads me to my question. If I'm at SFAS and I have to take a squat in the bushes during a run....how are the instuctors going to take it? I'm really not trying to be funny here, I just want to know what the stipulations are on this because there are the people that cant gut out the run that act like they have to go, and then there are the other people who have to go and there's no stopping it.
gorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 21:19   #2
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorilla
A crazy thing happened to me today. I was about to start running but i decided I had to go to the bathroom first. So I get to the bathroom and am there for like 5 minutes but to no avail I could not go. I knew I was going to regret this later but I wasnt going to wait around any longer, so I start running. For the most part the run went ok, however the last mile and a half I start to feel something nasty brewing. I think to myself I already had to stop once this week, I cant stop, so I decide to gut it out the rest of the way. I make it to my car sit on the hood for a second for my bowels to retract and then waddle slowely to the bathroom. I get in the stall and get that feeling that everything is going to be ok. I made it. I start to take of my shorts and then remember I tied my car key to the draw sting. I try to undue the knot but I just can't seem to get it and start doing the poopy dance. I have to go so bad, I finally get the knot done and then......NOOOOOOOOOOO....I poop all over myself six inches from the toilet.

I'm fumming now, screaming every cuss word imaginable while i clean myself up. I walk out of the stall with my underwear turned diaper and there is this man just stairing at me completely awe struck......so to break the ice I said, "What's the matter never seen a grown man crap his pants before?" We both laugh and just walk off.

Which leads me to my question. If I'm at SFAS and I have to take a squat in the bushes during a run....how are the instuctors going to take it? I'm really not trying to be funny here, I just want to know what the stipulations are on this because there are the people that cant gut out the run that act like they have to go, and then there are the other people who have to go and there's no stopping it.
You think they are going to stop 449 other students and wait for you?

The clock is running.

Next year, it could be an enemy attack underway and you have to go.

Maybe you aren't cut out for this line of work?

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 21:28   #3
gorilla
Asset

Point taken. I will adjust accordingly.
Old 12-13-2004, 00:57   #4
BearFlag
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorilla

Funny ummm shit... hahah

Nah the closest I ever go to that is before football games I would have so much adrenaline going that I'd have too pee like 4,000,000 times, once I got out on the field I was good to go. A good solution is to not eat prior to exercising, and not right before you go to bed, That way you should be pretty good if you exercise in the morning.
BearFlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 19:17   #5
ccrn
Guerrilla

HaHa

This post has been bothering me for a few days so I thought I'd reply.

It could be that you are experiencing "runners trots" which some have attributed to the diverion of blood awy from the intestines to the large muscle groups required for running. There is a wealth of material on the web about this subject which will be up to you to search and read then find what works for you.

However you also mentioned having an urge before you ran then later an emergent need to, well you know....

That including the recent prior episode would cause me to suggest a GI consult, and maybe see a sports Doctor too.

This could turn up something or hopefully rule out any Dx other than a minor running issue that could be remedied by a simple diet modification.

I know some resist doing exactly this with the fear that a dream could come to an early demise. But in a worse case scenario it would be better than having a complication out in the field, and putting others at risk unecessarilly-

HTH
ccrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 21:05   #6
alphamale

CCRN,

You are such the compendium of medical information, and always willing to take the time to explain and share.

FrontSight
Old 12-28-2004, 21:20   #7
gorilla
Asset

Wow, your post helped out a lot. I may have had some form of "runners trots". However I wasn’t experiencing diarrhea, nausea or cramping. I think that the main reason why I was having this problem was from what I was eating. I was at school most of the day and only had the time to eat fast food for lunch and dinner. Once school ended I have changed my diet and have improved drastically. I just eat better foods and drink plenty of water.

Your right though, if by chance this is something serious I should go to the doctor so I don’t endanger anyone. I'll make an appointment tomorrow.

Thanks for the post.
Old 12-28-2004, 21:31   #8
TitratetoEffect
Quiet Professional

Gorilla,

Pretty funny you should ask that about SFAS. In my class we had a guy shit is his pants during one of the events. No, he didn't stop to squat. He just had a good push while he was running. It just squirted out his shorts. Thank God I came in before he did. Crap was all over his legs and shoes. Told the cadre he didn't want to waste any time shitt'in. I don't remember if he got selected, though. Not the preferred technique, but it is a technique.

Phil
TitratetoEffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 21:46   #9
ccrn
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontSight
CCRN,

You are such the compendium of medical information, and always willing to take the time to explain and share.

FrontSight

Just trying to be of service ma'am-
ccrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 02:53   #10
vivelamorte
Asset

Stuff like having to crap but no crappery in site is the thing that can give you nightmares.

I had stomach problems myself, but I've changed my diet. No fastfood, fatty food, sweets, junkfood in general. Irritable stomach & colon is what the doc said. My stomach also kept me from running. Apart from that, I must say I hate running in these parts, so if I run, I run around a track.

Lots of vegetables, some fruit (not too much, because of the acid), low-fat meat - fish and poultry. My basic supper is spinach & fish, perhaps with some potatoes thrown in. No weight loss issues, I weigh in between 66 and 68 kilos, which is normal, because I have a small frame, i.e. I'm of a slim build. I also don't want to gain more weight, because then I'd have to face a middleweight opponent and not another welterweight in June.
vivelamorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 15:16   #11
Razor
Quiet Professional

So what do you think will happen to your system when you have no control over what you eat? As for needing a 'crappery' to do your business, consider the whole world your 'crappery', and feel free to cop a squat where ever the need arises.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 16:00   #12
vivelamorte
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor
So what do you think will happen to your system when you have no control over what you eat? As for needing a 'crappery' to do your business, consider the whole world your 'crappery', and feel free to cop a squat where ever the need arises.
Damn. You have a good point there! But then, fastfood, junkfood etc. aren't readily available in most countries on the globe, so I don't really see that as much of a problem. My system is fine as long as I don't despise it by eating stuff which gives people in the West problems.
vivelamorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 22:25   #13
Bracholi
Auxiliary

When I was a security guard they put me in some places that I couldn't leave the post and there wasn't exactly a restroom around (car dealership)... Luckily there were some nice concealed spots... and I had a roll of toilet paper (junk mobile always wins)
Bracholi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 22:29   #14
mark46th
Quiet Professional

The worst feeling I know of is having Dysentery, being in your last pair of clean shorts and having to fart....
mark46th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:00   #15
runhard
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark46th View Post
The worst feeling I know of is having Dysentery, being in your last pair of clean shorts and having to fart....
Ahh yes...

I got Dysentery twice while in the box. After a week of not going, it was like razor blades in my stomach!
runhard is offline   Reply With Quote