Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Special Forces Questions

Old 05-28-2007, 15:31   #1
magyar_2
Asset

trying to reclass and make the teams

I am currently an E-2 in the army who has definately chosen the wrong mos (94m which would make me a fobit) and I am trying to relcass early into infantry or if I am lucky to an 18 B or 18 C. I talked with my drills and first sargeant and my drill sargent is putting in an DA 4187 for me to reclass. I am wondering what people who have made's work out plan is and how to get my chance to go green beret and then delta the absolute highest. Also I have heard that there is PFC waiver (so I wouldn't have to be a E-5) to go sf. I have been reading "Roughneck Nine-One" which is the story about an engagement ODA-391 had in Iraq and it talked about how different teams have different specilities, how can I increase my chances of getting into a team that is mostly Internal Defense or Direct Action? Let me know your thoughts/advice please.
magyar_2
magyar_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 15:50   #2
blue02hd
Quiet Professional

Mag, I admire your spirit and drive, but if you are sincere in your post, then you must have read the rules and procedures on posting, right?

Research your questions by using the SEARCH option on this site. It will weed out questions such as Waivers For Rank, do I want to be a SEAL (from your profile), and the need to reclass at all.

Hopefully my lil nudge will avert the "indirect fire" I see coming your direction.

Do some homework first. This site contains volumes of information if you only take the time to look for it.

Verified Tax Payer and Future Sex Symbol

Last edited by blue02hd; 05-28-2007 at 15:53.
blue02hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 16:13   #3
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Mag:

You don't just "reclass" into SF. There are standards that have to be met.

You are not making a good first impression with your writing. Sergeant is misspelled, along with demolition for example. SF requires a minimum GT score of 110, waiverable with good cause down to 100. I am not seeing it here.

SF is not a stepping stone to any other units. I recommend that you go see your Command Sergeant Major and request a transfer to the Navy immediately. Tell them you want an assignment to SEAL Team Six pending training based on your desire to be the best, most coolest guy possible. Offer to them that you have a lot of reading experience on "Internal Defense or Direct Action." You should get some quick results that way.

Best of luck, have a very SF day.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 17:54   #4
7624U
Quiet Professional

Here sign your NO/GO
7624U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 18:58   #5
tf999
Asset

My apologies - post removed.

Last edited by tf999; 05-28-2007 at 19:46.
tf999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 19:32   #6
lksteve
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by tf999
Magyar- Certain teams do have certain specialties. If I know SF (which I don't) then you should look into ODA-666
speaking from what experience....?
Quote:
Happy Memorial Day
no such thing...
""A man must know his destiny. if he does not recognize it, then he is lost. By this I mean, once, twice, or at the very most, three times, fate will reach out and tap a man on the shoulder. if he has the imagination, he will turn around and fate will point out to him what fork in the road he should take, if he has the guts, he will take it.""- GEN George S. Patton
lksteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 19:33   #7
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Magyar- Certain teams do have certain specialties. If I know SF (which I don't) then you should look into ODA-666

Specialties: Kicking ass, chewing bubblegum, firing pistols with both hands while leaping sideways in slow motion.

Weaknesses: Grammar/Spelling, Coherent Sentences, Too tough to die, too cute to cry

Happy Memorial Day
Tyler
-----------------
"We must always remember that all men are essentially equal, and thus victory goes to he who has been reared in the most severe school." - Thucydides
Tyler, this is not a free for all.

When you pin on a Tab and do ten years or so in SF you can pile on.

Till then, don't post in a Special Forced thread. Stick to the happy birthday greetings, and if we have any questions for you, we will let you know.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 20:39   #8
triguy18e
Quiet Professional

Magyar 2,

Do push-ups you idiot!

M

SFA: M-11269 LIFE

As one veteran of Operation White Star described the situation: “We were teaching too many subordinates over there (Vietnam) when we should have been teaching the superiors. Why teach the lower-grade people when higher-ups don’t know how to utilize the skills taught? It’s a waste of time.”

Special Warfare, June 2002, Vol. 15, No. , P. 49-50
triguy18e is offline   Reply With Quote