Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Special Forces Questions

Old 03-09-2007, 18:18   #1
Mcmiller
Asset

Does this violate PERSEC or OPSEC concerns?

As I mentioned in my introduction, my primary reason for joining this forum is to look for information on SF for a paper. I want to be respectful and accurate in my description of SF, and I have managed to gather a great deal of information on my own regarding requirements for joining. In order to get the highest possible grade, I need to either:

1. Include an approximate description of the population of SF relevant to the study I am proposing, including: number of SF members in any year after 2000, average level of education, average age, average tenure in the military and the distribution of minorities in the population.

Or

2. Explain, with documentation, why this information is not available. Does this violate PERSEC or OPSEC concerns? Am I not able to find the information because it is too sensitive?

I have read through the terms of service and I understand that no one here is interested in doing the work for me. I've been searching the forums, the internet, public and private libraries for several weeks with out success but I don't assume that the information I'm looking for is unavailable just because I haven't found it. One problem (and this has been mentioned before in these forums) is that sources external to the military don't clearly define or even understand the difference between SF and SOF, so the numbers I've gotten have been pretty suspect.

I've contacted leads from classmates including several people working in developing training for various schools within the Army and I've run down a lot of dead ends. If anyone here could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. I absolutely do not want or expect anyone to do my work for me but I could use a push in the right direction.
Mcmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 18:47   #2
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

USASOC Public Affairs Officer

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 20:56   #3
Warrior-Mentor
Quiet Professional

The mission of the USASFC(A) Public Affairs Officer is to develop public affairs plans and procedures and provide public affairs guidance and counsel to the CG, USASFC(A) and his staff. The PAO also develops, supervises and facilitates command information, community relations, and media relations activities for the Command. In addition, the PAO is responsible for direct coordination with both subordinate and higher command public affairs offices on issues of significant interest to ensure coordinated messages are presented to the media.

USASFC(A) PAO (910)432-6005
FAX (Unsecure) (910)432-1046

http://www.soc.mil/SF/pao.htm
Warrior-Mentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 21:09   #4
Mcmiller
Asset

Thank you both, I will e-mail tonight.<- Correction, call tomorrow if I don't get a reply.

If anyone is interested I can provide more information about the proposal here or in whatever area is appropriate.

Last edited by Mcmiller; 03-09-2007 at 21:18.
Mcmiller is offline   Reply With Quote