Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2005, 10:56   #1
Max_Tab
Quiet Professional

Civlian Vs. Military

I was on block leave the past couple of weeks, and my interaction with a number of non military friends made me realize that there is a huge differance between our mentality and there's.
Example... my wife was visiting a friend of hers, so I went to check in at our hotel, and my wifes friends, husband came with me. As I was bringing in all of our bags, I also brought in my pistol that I alway's travel with and laid it on the night stand. His eyes got really big and he got a little nervous, like that was the most absurd thing he'd ever seen. Then about 10 min's later, I needed to open up a package and I pulled out my knife and once again he looked at me strangely and asked me "where are you from."
That is just one example of what I'm talking about. Things that we think are common place and "normal" to some people they seem extreme.
Anyone else have any examples?

It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government.
Thomas Paine
Max_Tab is offline   Reply With Quote