Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Special Forces Questions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2009, 12:05   #1
afire87
Asset

Analysis paralysis...SF vs. Navy EOD

Hello QPs and forum members.

I am currently trying to find out as much info as possible regarding the 18x program and the Navy EOD program. Recruiters have been short on pertinent info and specifics, although I have been able to connect with quite a few of the Navy EOD guys, I haven't been able to get too many SF experiences and perspectives.

I know it all boils down to what you want out of your experience and who you are as a person, but I can see myself going down both paths and enjoying them immensely. Each person I have spoken with obviously loves the program they were involved in so I take each opinion with a grain of salt.

The areas I am most interested in learning about are the current typical SF deployment schedules, what life is like between tours (training opportunities, hours to be with family), and what your experiences are post-military both in terms of employment opportunities and physical cost of 5-10 years on the teams.

If anyone has any thoughts on the matter, I would love to hear them to balance out all the EOD guys in my ear. I want to make the right decision for myself and serve my country in the best way I can.

Thank you gentlemen,

afire87
afire87 is offline   Reply With Quote