Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Special Forces Questions

Old 06-15-2008, 09:21   #1
RacerNV
BANNED USER

Support soldiers in SF Units.

Hello everyone i just joined this site and before you ask i've already filled my profile and posted my intro. The reason i joined this site is because i have an sf question and have looked all over google and this site and have not found any concrete answeres.

So anyways...here it goes.
1.What do support soldiers do when assigned to an sf unit, our jobs or something else?

2. Is there a separate company or battalion for support soldiers, or are we mixed in with the sf soldiers?

3.This last question is kind of stupid..but, will i were a black beret or a red beret....i already know that it won't be green.

Anyways...i hope i haven't asked anything thats already been covered. Thanks in advance for the help.
RacerNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:27   #2
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerNV View Post
Hello everyone i just joined this site and before you ask i've already filled my profile and posted my intro. The reason i joined this site is because i have an sf question and have looked all over google and this site and have not found any concrete answeres.

So anyways...here it goes.
1.What do support soldiers do when assigned to an sf unit, our jobs or something else?

2. Is there a separate company or battalion for support soldiers, or are we mixed in with the sf soldiers?

3.This last question is kind of stupid..but, will i were a black beret or a red beret....i already know that it won't be green.

Anyways...i hope i haven't asked anything thats already been covered. Thanks in advance for the help.

Yes you will do your job/MOS.

Yes there separate companies & battalions for Special Forces support personnel.

http://www.soc.mil/soscom/soscom_default.htm

I would not be concerned with the color of the beret you will be wearing until you arrive at your unit.

Team Sergeant
Old 06-15-2008, 09:49   #3
RacerNV
BANNED USER

I wasn't really worried about the beret other than the fact that i'd like to have a new one shaven and ready when to wear i arrive there.

and the question about the support. The reason why i asked is because my orders say specifically 7th Special Forces Group [ABN] and nothing about brigade support battalion or anything. thats why i was confused about whether or not i will be doing my job or not.

and i have another question btw...and i hope nobodys asked this. are my chances of getting to go tdy to airborne school once i get there good? i would really love to get the chance to go.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:28   #4
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
and i have another question btw...and i hope nobodys asked this. are my chances of getting to go tdy to airborne school once i get there good? i would really love to get the chance to go.
That would depend on you being a motivated soldier and doing your job to the best of your ability.

And the next time you post on here I expect you to use proper English.

Team Sergeant
Old 06-15-2008, 18:18   #5
Blakeslee
Asset

Quote:
Took me a minute to take all that in
Blakeslee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 20:10   #6
RacerNV
BANNED USER

I just found this, after 2 or 3 years. How hard is it to just answer somebodys question? I mean come on, I was a young soldier didnt know nothin about nothing, so i come to you guys for help. "use proper english." LOL are you kidding me. Its the internet. Not harvard. GET OVER IT. I guess thats all green berets. I've heard plenty of storys, and met a few. Big headed, egotistical asses.

Thank you for nothing.
Old 04-05-2011, 20:16   #7
Richard
Quiet Professional

Quote:
I just found this, after 2 or 3 years. How hard is it to just answer somebodys question? I mean come on, I was a young soldier didnt know nothin about nothing, so i come to you guys for help. "use proper english." LOL are you kidding me. Its the internet. Not harvard. GET OVER IT. I guess thats all green berets. I've heard plenty of storys, and met a few. Big headed, egotistical asses.

Thank you for nothing.
From a college admissions officer:

"We had one great line. A young woman wrote that she took a summer course and she meant to say in 'organismic biology' but she wrote 'orgasmic biology' and went on to say it was the best course she'd ever taken. We didn't reject her for that outright, but it makes you look twice."

I would recommend you not take pride in being yet another poster child for those decrying a crisis of our educational institutions. Proper English does count and, whether it is correct or not, is viewed as a reflection of a writer's personal traits - better get used to it and use it...or the frequency and level of disappointments you will face will be great. OBTW - You're welcome and I hope you have a good life in the fraternal order of the black berets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerNV
As a former SF NCO, Officer, and Black Hat - in your case, and based on your demonstrated SA in this BB, not likely. But if you do get a slot to attend the BAC, please let me know so I can let them know you will be reporting in - attitudes like yours make their day.

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 20:47   #8
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:

Thank you for nothing.

First impressions are lasting ones. You strike me as a lazy, ignorant asshole, for example, based on your posts here.

I guess you did not make it to 7th Group.

The TS answered your questions, nicely and correctly. I am sure he appreciates your gracious replies.

I think you have a lot of obstacles in your path before the color of beret you wear will become an issue.

FWIW, I think you are missing the difference between assured confidence, and arrogance. You are a guest here, and seem to have forgotten the rules in our house.

There is a lot of information to be read on this forum, and I have seen people go to extreme lengths to answer questions and help people who helped themselves, did their homework, and presented themselves (and their questions) properly.

Good luck with your career, I hope you never have to serve in SOF.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:47   #9
1stindoor
Quiet Professional

Gosh, that was fun. I had to go back and re-read the thread two times to see the timeline. This was my favorite part,
Quote:
Its the internet. Not harvard. GET OVER IT.
You just can't buy entertainment like that.
-TOMAHAWK9521
1stindoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:42   #10
x SF med
Quiet Professional

I'm going to take a guess and say that:
1. This kid did not get ABN TDY enroute to 7th
2. He got to 7th as a young leg and pissed somebody off
3. His life as SOF support was miserable, by his own making/attitude
4. He resents the fact that he was corrected in any way by anybody
5. His written portion for a board was laughed at by those reading it and stamped "denied" before he even got to face the board
6. We are all overachieving assholes - with the attitude everybody should try as hard as we do to better ourselves - and this kid took exception to that.

And, to borrow Richard's line, stolen from Kurt Vonnegut Jr., "...and, so it goes."

(not bad, a multiply cited, plagaristic plagarism ...)

Hearing, I forget. Seeing, I remember. Writing (doing), I understand. Chinese Proverb

Too many people are looking for a magic bullet. As always, shot placement is the key. ~TR
x SF med is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:49   #11
Richard
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by x SF med View Post
And, to borrow Richard's line, stolen from Kurt Vonnegut Jr., "...and, so it goes."
'Borrowed'...not 'stolen'...and I promise to return it when I'm finished using it.

Quote:
(not bad, a multiply cited, plagiaristic plagiarism ...)
And so it goes...

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:05   #12
x SF med
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
'Borrowed'...not 'stolen'...and I promise to return it when I'm finished using it.

And so it goes...

Richard
sir, you always have to get in the last word, don't you? (purposefully left open for you, as courtesy to your 'experience' and 'maturity')

Hearing, I forget. Seeing, I remember. Writing (doing), I understand. Chinese Proverb

Too many people are looking for a magic bullet. As always, shot placement is the key. ~TR
x SF med is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:12   #13
Pete
Quiet Professional

GET OVER IT

Hmmmm, GET OVER IT? I guess he got over posting around here.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:46   #14
1stindoor
Quiet Professional

Sadly, I knew (watched him shave everyday) the 1SG in 3/7 during this time frame. It would have been nice to know this kid back then.
-TOMAHAWK9521
1stindoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:22   #15
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

What a dumb schmuck!............

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote