Old 04-10-2006, 17:46   #1
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

INTEL

The Official Web site of the Center for Special Israel Intelligence Community - The Israeli Intelligence.

Intelligence and Terrorism Information Center at the Center for Special Studies (CSS) Special

The Intelligence and Terrorism Information Center is an information project which has been operating for three and a half years. It operates in five different langauges, so is great for reading in three of the SF core langauges.

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”

Last edited by MtnGoat; 04-11-2006 at 07:43.
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 12:54   #2
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

SITE Institute

SITE Institute The Search for International Terrorist Entities

Found this site while watching TV. It has some really good infomation and "links".

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
Old 04-30-2006, 13:27   #3
bberkley
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat

Found this site while watching TV. It has some really good infomation and "links".
Did you get that from watching those two shows on Discovery Times? About the
"New Al-Qaeda" and "Jihad.com"?
Old 05-01-2006, 07:17   #4
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat

I got this one from watching the Discovery Times about the
New Al-Qaeda. The other site is one that I had found some how,But it'sood to use as a information tool for that AO.

I personally don't go to the " Jihad" sites from my home computer with IP Address and all thing included. The pubic library like "they" do. Great show on how AQ was evolved since 9/11. We knew that they had these "web Site" for information use only. But how they have started to use the media so much more and the WEB message broads as a resource "outlet".

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Old 04-15-2007, 20:52   #5
x-factor
Guerrilla

MtnGoat brings up a good point. I'm probably not telling anyone anything they don't already know, but I strongly recommend against visiting extremist websites (of any affiliation) on your home computer. Remember the internet is a two way connection, so visiting sites opens you up to be targeted in any number of ways. This is especially true if you live in the Northern Viginia or Fayetteville area (ie cities known for having national security type folks living there).

If you really just have to do your extremist site surfing at home, then you might look into downloading an IP scrambler for your home computer, along with other cybersecurity measures, like storing your important files on removable media (rather than your hard drive), turning off your connection when not in use, etc.

X
x-factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 09:27   #6
Go For Broke
Quiet Professional

Here is another site that may be of potential interest.

worldunderfire.

Click / Hover over one of the dots on the world map and it will provide you with more information regarding that particular event.

Hope this is of help to others.

V/R,
Old 05-22-2007, 13:43   #7
dpl88
Asset

I know I am not a QP, so let me know if I am out of my lane. I thought I would add a few of my "go-to" sites when I do open source digging as an SF support intel weenie. I hope they are useful.

A note on the security aspect of open source...I would reccomend Steganos Security Suite and an Hide IP program as stated above. If you want to surf extremist sites you should first have a good firewall. Steganos has a great removable hard drive function with a password protect. I keep all of my files in this hard drive. Here is an article about the program----> http://techgage.com/article/steganos...ty_suite_2006/

www.opensource.gov -Provides great current information from many different news media agencies all around the world. It can be a great tool for unclass updates on key personalities in different AO's

www.newssafety.com/index.htm -Great security breifings and up to date reports from around the world.

www.lingnet.org -Uses alot of DLI's material on area studies, languages, and cultural information.

http://fieldsupport.lingnet.org/ -Link off of the site above. Offers really good information on using foreign languages in the field (ex: search and seizure, cordon and search, raids, etc.) as well as cultural guides...much of the information is available for download.

www.crisisgroup.org/home/index.cfm -Variety of breifings, reports, and products from all around the world.

https://www.cia.gov/cia/publications...ook/index.html -I'm sure everyone already knows about CIA world factbook.

http://www.aims.org.af/ -Great information about Afghanistan including hundreds and hundreds of maps.

http://worldatlas.com/ -Pretty good general information about countries (good for country studies)

http://www.cdc.gov/ -CDC webpage. Great info on diseases. Why go on an op knowing nothing about what diseases are rampant and how to avoid contracting them?

http://dmoz.org/ -Good links page (click on regional. It will have every region of the world split up with every country available...great for general information on countries i.e. weather, transportation, agriculture, disease, etc.)

http://www.state.gov -state dept. webpage. Good for general knowledge.

Last edited by dpl88; 05-22-2007 at 14:02.
dpl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 21:55   #8
nmap
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-factor

If you really just have to do your extremist site surfing at home, then you might look into downloading an IP scrambler for your home computer, along with other cybersecurity measures, like storing your important files on removable media (rather than your hard drive), turning off your connection when not in use, etc.
Why not get a removable hard drive and boot the machine with a Knoppix CD?

Acronym Key:

MOO: My Opinion Only
YMMV: Your Mileage May Vary
ETF: Exchange Traded Fund

Oil Chart

30 year Treasury Bond
nmap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 14:34   #9
x-factor
Guerrilla

I'm not familiar with that method, but I don't think it would hide your ISP.

X
x-factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 15:39   #10
nmap
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-factor
I'm not familiar with that method, but I don't think it would hide your ISP.
True - your IP scrambler, and perhaps a proxy server would be needed for that.

If you're not familiar with the method - I think you'd like it. For around $30 or so you can get a drive caddy and put the hard drive in it. Then, a key switch turns the drive on or off and permits complete removal.

Knoppix is a Linux distribution that runs from a CD - so just switch the boot priority such that the machine boots from a CD drive.

On the downside, you can't save files (unless you e-mail them to yourself via a web-based e-mail service), but there is no way to compromise your machine or files. The OS cannot be modified since it is on a CD.

Thus, no malicious software, no cookies, no history - when the machine is switched off, everything goes away.

If one were cruel, one might leave the machine on to entice those who sought to compromise it.

Acronym Key:

MOO: My Opinion Only
YMMV: Your Mileage May Vary
ETF: Exchange Traded Fund

Oil Chart

30 year Treasury Bond
nmap is offline   Reply With Quote