Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 06-24-2021, 07:44   #76
tonyz
Area Commander

One well spoken opinion on Critical Race Theory being studied in our military in article below.

In another conversation with an old frogman friend this morning...he suggested that every time we see CRT...think communist instead of critical - Communist Race Theory with the goal of divide and conquer - divide America.

‘Where Are the Admirals? Where Are the Generals? Where Are the Veterans?’
By Jeff M. Lewis
American Thinker
June 22, 2021

On 17 August 1955, President Dwight D. Eisenhower prescribed a Code of Conduct for members of the Armed Forces of the United States. The purpose was to inform each service member in a combat unit about their basic responsibilities when engaged in combat or if they were captured by enemy forces. Of the six articles, the first and sixth articles are particularly powerful reminders about the Armed Forces’ mission and the dedication each member requires to complete that mission:

Article 1

I am an American, fighting in the forces which guard my country and our way of life. I am prepared to give my life in their defense.

Article 6

I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States of America.

It’s a matter of primary importance when recruiting a skilled and talented all-volunteer military force that the institution and its members, along with the desire to serve our country, firmly believe in America’s unique and moral character and the freedoms from which we all benefit. Along with these beliefs and desires, each member of the military must also develop a strong loyalty to his or her brothers and sisters in arms.

These tenets are foundational to a purposeful, effective fighting force. To go into combat, one must fully believe that the United States’ cause and purpose are just and morally upright. The mission must be clear: To fight and win.

Each person serving must see fellow service members as integral and necessary parts of this mission. Studies of 20th-century wars, especially the experiences of those captured and held as prisoners of war, have repeatedly shown that this foundational relationship between fellow service members, their belief in the cause for which they are fighting, and their belief in the United States of America are all vitally important to survival.

As a 20-year veteran of the United States Navy, I was taught this Code of Conduct and instructed in the responsibilities that accompanied my service. These Core Values enabled me to develop attitudes and behaviors that embody and represent the best of America’s values and founding principles. During my time in the Navy, fairness, equity, and equal opportunity were integral to the service and were relentlessly instilled in the military’s culture. Perhaps just as importantly, I have seen the concomitant diversity that is the natural by-product of this culture, because it rewards hard work, talent, and ability for their own sake, for their undeniable merit, and for the betterment and preservation of America itself.

Given the inherent and undeniable virtues of this colorblind, merit-based system based upon shared values, the Armed Forces of the United States travel a pernicious and destructive path if they embrace Critical Race Theory, with its core belief that America and her citizenry are irredeemably racist, along with the tenets of “white supremacy,” “whiteness,” “white privilege,” “white fragility,” and “systemic” or “institutional racism.”

Critical Race Theory does not build up, it tears down. There is nothing aspirational or uplifting about it. And as a springboard to establishing “diversity” as a goal unto itself, as its own concurrent priority, inculcating those values into troops will not equip the military to succeed at its first, and most important goal, which is to fight and win in armed conflict.

Critical Race Theory is antithetical to the principles each military branch teaches, particularly in “boot camp” or “basic training.” This entry-level training -- and the arduous nature of the entire indoctrination into military service -- must necessarily diminish each recruit’s or candidate’s individual identity and replace it with the aspirational goal of becoming part of a successful, elite team with its own service’s unique culture and esprit de corps.

Critical Race Theory, by contrast, undermines the necessary team building and teaches that all interactions with others will be based solely according to race. Nothing could be further from reality when each branch of service in the Armed Forces properly acts in accordance with its core values and the guiding principles that have made America truly exceptional in human history.

So, given this deviation from core principles, I must ask: “Where are the Admirals?” “Where are the Generals?” Just as importantly, where are my fellow veterans, and why are we allowing what all should recognize as a crass, purely political, fraudulent, and destructive ideology to erode the foundations of military service and success? Why are we silent while these toxic and corrosive ideals are taught to our Sailors, Soldiers, Airmen, Marines, and Coast Guards?

The Armed Forces have an undeniable history of equal opportunities for advancement and achievement for all who serve. Therefore, Critical Race Theory has no value as a course of instruction for the military services because this history proves that neither America nor her military are “irredeemably racist” cultures or institutions. To the contrary, our already diverse military’s undeniable success provides its own irrefutable testimony to the greatness of the nation the military’s members take an oath to defend -- with their own lives, if necessary.

My “real-world” experience has shown me that all unit commanders who consistently enforce Constitutional principles and sticks strictly with the core values and guiding principles that define their branch of service will avoid any race defining or determining outcomes. The United States military’s command structure and meritocracy -- the merit-based system of performance evaluation and promotion – have guaranteed in the past, and will continue to guarantee in the future, an overwhelmingly “color-blind” system of achievement that benefits not only the individual, but the Team, and our country.

If the American military, in connection with its primary mission to fight and win, desires to field a military force (and promote leaders from within its ranks) that reflects more closely the racial distribution in America, it must begin now, with young people, to recruit and inform America’s youth about the high calling and the unique opportunities associated with military service. Our children must know they have a Future Story. That story leads to hope and aspirational goals that are greater than themselves.

They must be taught why America is exceptional, making it a beacon of freedom in the world, and why we as a nation have the high calling to actively advocate -- and sometimes to fight -- for the freedoms we hold so dear. If America expects to continue to field a military force that is second-to-none in its talent, technology, and ability to win, America must raise up the patriots who will be willing to serve the nation and serve alongside their brothers and sisters from all walks of life, from every corner, every avenue, hill, and dale of the nation.

Critical Race Theory, which is predicated on misrepresenting America’s history and culture inter-changeably as “systemically racist” or “institutionally racist,” and which blames these factors for every societal ill and unequal outcome, is a divisive and destructive lie. There is nothing inherent in these ideologies, these attitudes, and the hatred for America they espouse that is beneficial to anyone, much less to the United States military.

So, again I need to say it…I need to ask: Where are the Admirals? Where are the Generals? Where are my fellow Veterans? Why are we allowing this racist cancer to infect the ranks of the most educated, most talented, and most lethal military to ever exist in human history?

https://www.americanthinker.com/arti..._veterans.html

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 10:12   #77
Paslode
Area Commander

Stone face Gen. Milley must be compromised.
Old 06-24-2021, 11:37   #78
miclo18d
Quiet Professional

I think what we fail to understand is that when CRT becomes “mainstream” then that IS our “American Way”. The words in that article can be twisted and turned by a skillful orator, and most assuredly have been over the last few decades.

Quote:
I am an American fighting in the forces that guard my country and our way of life,
I am prepared to give my life in their defense.

I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command, I will never surrender the
members of my command while they still have the means to resist.

If I am captured, I will continue to resist by all means available. I will make every
effort to escape and aid others to escape. I will accept neither parole nor special
favors from the enemy.

If I become a prisoner of war, I will keep faith with my fellow prisoners. I will give no
information nor take part in any action which might be harmful to my comrades.
If I am senior, I will take command. If not, I will obey the lawful orders of those
appointed over me and will back them up in every way.

Should I become a prisoner of war, I am required to give name, rank,
service number, and date of birth. I will evade answering further questions to the utmost of
my ability. I will make no oral or written statements disloyal to my country and its allies.

I will never forget that I am an American fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions,
and dedicated to the principles which made my country free.
I will trust in my God and in the United States of America.
What is the “our way of life”? The Constitution? The Supreme Court rulings? Congressional Laws? Executive Orders? Voting? Mob Rules? Critical/communist Race Theorems? LGBTQRSTUV+/-? MAGA?

No definition = whoever is in charge gets to define it.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper
miclo18d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 12:41   #79
tonyz
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by miclo18d View Post
I think what we fail to understand is that when CRT becomes “mainstream” then that IS our “American Way”. The words in that article can be twisted and turned by a skillful orator, and most assuredly have been over the last few decades.

What is the “our way of life”? The Constitution? The Supreme Court rulings? Congressional Laws? Executive Orders? Voting? Mob Rules? Critical/communist Race Theorems? LGBTQRSTUV+/-? MAGA?

No definition = whoever is in charge gets to define it.
What a power grab.

Open our borders, degrade our military, subvert our people, drug and demoralize our populace, spend into insolvency, practically air-drop ballots for national elections, defund our police, increase crime with bail reform, confiscate our weapons, etc., etc.,etc.,...that shining city on the hill is a great prize indeed...and with a bit more help she will be ripe for the taking. And, the best part is that the fools might even vote for it.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
Old 06-24-2021, 13:26   #80
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz View Post
...the best part is that the fools might even vote for it.
The "fools" have been voting to usher it in for several generations now. Obama TOLD people he wanted to fundamentally change things and he was gifted with eight years of uninterrupted free run with his pen and his phone.
...even told Americans to eat their fucking peas - nobody seems to care !!!

Now former VP b!dEn has informed us that F-15's and Nukes could be used against American citizens that want to continue to enjoy their 2d amendment rights. All because a nation full thin skinned self righteous voters can't bear to have a rude man with questionable morals in the white house.
...the same folks that thought the FIRST 45 presidents where apparently paragons of virtue.

Sadly, the Nation deserves what she gets and it wont be much longer until we are no longer told to eat our peas - we will stand in line to beg for our peas - but at least 45 is gone. Thats what mattered most.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 19:22   #81
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
The "fools" have been voting to usher it in for several generations now. Obama TOLD people he wanted to fundamentally change things and he was gifted with eight years of uninterrupted free run with his pen and his phone.
...even told Americans to eat their fucking peas - nobody seems to care !!!

Now former VP b!dEn has informed us that F-15's and Nukes could be used against American citizens that want to continue to enjoy their 2d amendment rights. All because a nation full thin skinned self righteous voters can't bear to have a rude man with questionable morals in the white house.
...the same folks that thought the FIRST 45 presidents where apparently paragons of virtue.

Sadly, the Nation deserves what she gets and it wont be much longer until we are no longer told to eat our peas - we will stand in line to beg for our peas - but at least 45 is gone. Thats what mattered most.

You know Box, I have been acquainted with quite a few men who are big wheels, not billionaires, but millionaires and people in positions of power and the vast majority of them are just like Trump. One told me straight up "I can have ANY woman I want, everyone has a price". They grab pussy, they bang waitresses, they bang staff on boxes in the file room, they have mistresses, they move their girl friends and their kids close by, they pimp out clients who owe them money and they brag about it. In some cases their wives are doing much the same with Johnny the Pool Guy, or Biff the trainer.

What's funny is that many of the people who despise Trump, happily work for these people
Old 06-25-2021, 10:53   #82
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslode View Post
You know Box, I have been acquainted with quite a few men who are big wheels, not billionaires, but millionaires and people in positions of power and the vast majority of them are just like Trump. One told me straight up "I can have ANY woman I want, everyone has a price". They grab pussy, they bang waitresses, they bang staff on boxes in the file room, they have mistresses, they move their girl friends and their kids close by, they pimp out clients who owe them money and they brag about it. In some cases their wives are doing much the same with Johnny the Pool Guy, or Biff the trainer.

The exact same thing is true of powerful politicians (and their families). The difference is they a protected by the press. Hunter Biden comes to mind.

The power of the Press lies in it's ability to reveal or conceal. The latter is the most powerful.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 11:48   #83
tonyz
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
The exact same thing is true of powerful politicians (and their families). The difference is they a protected by the press. Hunter Biden comes to mind.

The power of the Press lies in it's ability to reveal or conceal. The latter is the most powerful.
So true.

Similarly with law enforcement, auditors and prosecutors - their discretion - not only to “enforce” but to look the other way or minimize a given situation is very, very powerful. If these positions become politicized...well...things start to crumble. We are well into the politicization phase.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Last edited by Roguish Lawyer; 06-25-2021 at 15:39. Reason: Please do not refer to board members by their actual names.
Old 06-25-2021, 12:06   #84
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslode View Post
What's funny is that many of the people who despise Trump, happily work for these people
Don't even get me started on on the age old practice of blind partisan hero worship of our nations leaders. Dear sweet baby Jesus - this is a deep deep gopher hole we are about to go down.....

***RANT MODE ACTIVATED***

For fuck sake - Aaron Burr and Andrew Jackson both shot men to death while dueling! Teddy Kennedy drove his car into the water at Poucha Pond and left Mary Jo Kopechne to die -and still went on to serve another 40-MOTHER-FUCKING-YEARS in the US Senate - even earning the nickname 'The Lion of the Senate'
The transcontinental railroad only got built because Union Pacific Bribed the VP and the Speaker of the House...

-JFK screwed anything that got within fucking distance and yet we the people referred to his presidency as 'Camelot'
Camelot
Yes - CAMELOT - an ancient mythical Monarchy - aint that a peach?
It's fitting of course that a democratic presidency was so connected with a fabled tale of kings ruling over their kingdom, adultry, betrayal, more adultery, the largesse of the ruling class and the despair of the peasant class, and ultimately the fall of the kingdom and the eventual tragic death of the king at the hands of one of his own countrymen)

-LBJ waved his dick at people and thought it was hilarious to leave the bathroom door open to talk to reporters while he was shitting.
and he was a huge, unrepentant racist - but that's OK because he was a democrat

-Nixon hated guns - and of course there was that whole Watergate thing - he loved China too - and loving China is always bad when the opposing party loves them - but perfectly fine when YOUR party loves them.

-Carter saw UFOs and gave a ridiculously odd interview to Playboy magazine about all of the lust in his heart. Then of course there was that fireside-chat-wear-a-sweater-because we're all doomed thing that murdered American morale during a skyrocketing period of inflation

-Reagan had a fucking astrologer !!!
An astrologer
The President of the United states of America had a mother fucking astrologer !!!
He also saw UFO's which shouldn't be that surprising when you are reading an obscure portion of the funny papers to find out that Jupiter's full moon is in the 7th house of Uranus - time to invade Grenada boys - but hurry up - we gotta do it before the moon is in retrograde !!!!
Of course, we cant blame President Reagan for what he couldn't remember about Iran/Contra because he was pretty old by that point. Oddly, most of the never-Trumpers thought 'ole Ronnie was the savior of conservative values. Of course, these same never-Trumpers were never-Reagans back in the day because he was just another former democrat celebrity turned populist Republican outsider that...
...wait a minute are we talking about Reagan or Trump? I forgot. Anyway, what difference, at this point, does it make?

-Clinton was - well, fuck I don't even know where to start with this fucking hillbilly; maybe the part about him losing the fucking nuclear launch codes FOR MONTHS before anyone said anything about it; maybe sodomizing a government clerk with a cigar; maybe his list of rape accusations; maybe even the fact that he was a product of 1960's academia that didn't even understand the meaning of the word "IS" - hot tip Bill - the word "IS" would be defined as: the 3rd person indicative of the verb, "to be" it means TO BE you womanizing prick TO BE...
...OR NOT TO BE, WHO KNOWS, IT'S JUST SO HARD TO TELL ANYMORE.

-Bush was a coke head that couldn't get out of his own way and made speeches that sounded like they were written by late night talk show comedians...
There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me - We don't get fooled again, no, no (maybe Roger Daltry wrote his fucking speeches - who knows)
and who cares - he sure was fun to watch - one day he hadn't used illicit drugs in 7 years - two or three days later he hadn't used them in over 25 years
then he signed that dang no student left behind bill - so our kids would learn math and know the difference between seven years ago and a quarter of a century ago

-Obama was a pot head and a Marxist that had beer summits and philosophical musings about how teenage criminals could have been his kid - he also opened the door for this current idiot - then there was his his extrajudicial drone strike on a US citizen, fast and furious, Benghazi, IRS, Solyndra, operation CHOKE POINT - the fucking list of crooked shit goes on and on.
If you think that I don't know about the little tricks you've played Obama, Well, here's a poke at you, I can see for miles and miles and miles and miles and miles
(more references to lyrics by Roger Daltry of course)

...but somehow a billionaire real estate mogul-playboy-reality-TV star that made an obnoxious comment to Billy Bush about the celebrity whores that flock to rich and wealthy and powerful men was just more than some people could bare.

So, now we have to dive into the quicksand of diversity and inclusion or we might all die.

***RANT MODE DE-ACTIVATED***

I better stop for awhile before I suffer a traumatic brain aneurysm from banging my head against the wall....
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

Last edited by Box; 06-25-2021 at 12:16.
Old 06-25-2021, 19:27   #85
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
I better stop for awhile before I suffer a traumatic brain aneurysm from banging my head against the wall....
The breadth of your wingspan is something to behold. But perhaps you can invoke all Boxen and do some load-sharing before component failure.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 21:51   #86
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
...perhaps you can invoke all Boxen and do some load-sharing before component failure.
I wish it was that easy my friend.

Load sharing is impossible against the backdrop of diversity and inclusion. "Sharing" suggests equality.
Equity is the goal here. Equity cannot happen when we share the load. Equity only exists when any given demographic is doing less work for greater recognition.
We need equity to reach true diversity.

C'mon man.

Old 06-25-2021, 22:53   #87
sfshooter
Quiet Professional

Well Box, I'm thinking you should do a history book too. Your rant (abbreviated dissertation) on our past presidents sure strikes a chord. And so elegantly stated that there is no doubt as to what type of characters these top elected officials (I certainly don't want to call them leaders) of the United States were.
I might add that you were also quite diverse and inclusive in your descriptions.

"I ask you sir, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people........" George Mason
sfshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 05:47   #88
JimP
Quiet Professional

Box - just gotta "fassen dat he'mett" down a bit so you don't bruise your grape when banging said grape against immoveable barriers.

Also, you're blocking, let it out, what's the word on the street? Quit hiding the ball.
JimP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 08:19   #89
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Great Googly Moogly Box. That was Finest Kind rant!

WARNING The following is another rant!

I listened to Gen Milley's opinions during his Senate testimony. I am embarrassed that this obsequious meat sack is Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, but more disturbingly, that he is tabbed!

My 5-year old grandson has better critical thinking skills...you otta hear his reasoning why he got a cookie before dinner.

But, back to my point, Milley's acceptance of CRT and the need to purge "white extremism" from the military just validated the "neofascists" entire premise that our country and its institutions are systemically racist.

If that wasn't bad enough, he said that he wants to understand "white rage" Good Grief! that dumb ass did it again, Pay attention Bub! "White Rage" is not real! It's a straw man manufactured by the neofascists to divide us. You just took the bait and validated their entire argument.

I am still in shock that in the matter of 30 minutes the Chairman of Joint Chiefs totally undermined the institution of the U.S. Military instead of defending it.

Is there some way that his tab can be revoked at least? He is an embarrassment to the Regiment. JMHO
Old 06-26-2021, 09:09   #90
cbtengr
Area Commander

Trapper John, the fish rots from the head down. The general must have been a devotee of Obama. We are barely into Biden's term and things are getting uglier by the minute.