Old 12-03-2016, 14:42   #1
MAB32

New bullets...

Has anybody tried these rounds for reloading and accuracy?

http://media.wix.com/ugd/e207ed_bf59...47f5644825.pdf

www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36LozyICts
Old 12-04-2016, 11:38   #2
Toaster
Guerrilla

Lathe turned bullets...

The projectile is going to be extremely consistent, and at more than a dollar per projectile... maybe FF or someone shooting NM, Palma or PRS, could get what they need out of them.

I have not been able to outshoot SMKs or any of my handloads...yet. Not really sure if my goals will require me to or not, though it'd be nice.

There's a market for it, but will the specialized market keep them producing these bullets that long?

"Nothing is more dangerous than an NCO or Officer who has been taught a technique or method, but doesn't understand the underlying principles or the "why" behind it." -MtnGoat

"How can someone improve their ability to lead? Die to self.

The most rewarding thing a leader will receive is having someone place their life in your hands and say, I will follow you." -SGT Gary Beikirch
Toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 04:20   #3
Stiletto11
Guerrilla

From What I understand they will help the 308 round get out to 1000yds plus. They will not fit in a magazine fed weapon. I favor SMK's 175 gr with 41.7 gr of IMR 4064 w/ Federal brass in 308. I did get out to 1018 using this recipe.

J. Albert Nock

Don’t let facts interfere with your insanity
Stiletto11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 04:29   #4
MAB32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiletto11 View Post
From What I understand they will help the 308 round get out to 1000yds plus. They will not fit in a magazine fed weapon. I favor SMK's 175 gr with 41.7 gr of IMR 4064 w/ Federal brass in 308. I did get out to 1018 using this recipe.
They are making a round that will fit into any box magazine for the .308.
Old 12-14-2016, 04:33   #5
Stiletto11
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAB32 View Post
They are making a round that will fit into any box magazine for the .308.
Good to know, thanks!

J. Albert Nock

Don’t let facts interfere with your insanity
Stiletto11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 04:42   #6
Divemaster
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toaster View Post
Lathe turned bullets...
When I was on the SOTIC committee and in charge of the .50 cal program (which sounds larger and more important than it was) I was sent a number of bullet samples by manufacturers. One was a lathe turned bronze bullet. The tip was so sharp you could stab things with it. We only had the one sample and no .50 reloading equipment so, at least during my time, nothing became of it.