Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > And Some Gave All.... > TAPS

Old 05-11-2010, 16:47   #16
Stras
Quiet Professional

Ike's Obituary

Donis Owen ‘Ike’ Clanton

FARMINGTON — Donis Owen ‘Ike’ Clanton of Farmington passed away on Thursday, May 6, 2010, at the age of 44 years, 10 months, and 27 days. He was born on June 9, 1965, at Elgin, Illinois, son of Carol Ann (Biggerstaff) White and Lloyd Gene Clanton, who survive. He was preceded in death by his nephew, Kody Gene Clanton; his grandparents, Cecil and Mary Biggerstaff and Harold and Clemmie Clanton and by his aunt, Sherry McGonigal.

Donis proudly served his country in the Army as a Green Beret in the Special Forces for 13 years. He was highly decorated and honorably discharged in 1995. He was a life member of Disabled American Veterans and a life member of AMVETS. He will always be remembered for his love of people and his passion to help others. In his spare time he enjoyed fishing and being on the river.

In addition to his parents, he is survived by three sisters, Darla (Mrs. Curtis) Griffin, Bamby (Mrs. Jay) Miller, and Luana Ayers (Rob Page), all of Farmington; 11 nieces and nephews; 10 great-nieces and nephews; and a host of aunts, uncles, cousins and good friends.

Visitation will be held at Cozean Memorial Chapel from 4 to 8 p.m. on Tuesday, May 11. Visitation will resume on Wednesday from 7 a.m. until the service time beginning at 11 a.m. in the chapel. Interment with full military honors will be Wednesday at 2:30 p.m. at Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery in St. Louis. Memorials may be made to the Disabled American Veterans. View the tribute video and share your condolences and memories at cozean.biz
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ike Clanton.jpg (15.7 KB, 75 views)

De Oppresso Liber
Stras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:11   #17
Richard
Quiet Professional

Update.

Richard

Trials Set For Men Charged In Death Of Clanton
Daily Journal (MO), 5 Aug 2010

The two men charged in connection with the murder of former Green Beret Donis “Ike” Clanton will have their trials held in St. Francois County.

Trevor K. Grice, 20, of Marquand, and Jason Allen Parrent, 27, of Farmington, are charged in St. Francois County with second-degree murder, second-degree assault and endangering the welfare of a child.

On Wednesday, Circuit Court Judge Kenneth W. Pratte denied both men’s request for a change of venue.

Grice’s public defender, Matt Shellenbergar, asked Judge Pratte to grant a change of venue to another county or at least bring in a jury from another county.

Assistant Prosecuting Attorney Pat King said the defense hasn’t shown a cause to change the venue.

After denying the request, Grice’s case was then scheduled for Sept. 17 for other pre-trial motions.

The judge denied Public Defender Ben Campbell’s request for a change of venue and a bond reduction on behalf of Parrent. Bond is set at $250,000 for each.

Clanton’s relative told the judge she feels Parrent is a threat to her family and the community. She said reducing his bond “could be a fatal mistake.”

After denying both requests, Parrent’s case was then scheduled for trial setting on Sept. 1.

Clanton, 44, was found dead at his Farmington home on May 6. According to court records, an autopsy determined Clanton died of closed head trauma/blunt force trauma consisting of two blows to the left ear and at least four other blows to the head.

Parrent initially told police that he came to Clanton’s home the morning of May 6 to do yard work. He said through the door, he could see Clanton on the floor. He said he called 911 from his sister’s house and then started performing CPR.

While being questioned at the police department, he added that he, Grice and a juvenile were at Clanton’s house the night before where he said they consumed alcohol.

Parrent then confessed to hitting Clanton. He said during an argument, Clanton punched him on the left side of the face. He said it didn’t hurt, but he stood up and punched Clanton four to five times.

He said they reconciled and about 10 minutes later and Clanton passed out.

However, Grice said Clanton immediately became unconscious and never regained consciousness. Grice admitted he struck Clanton while Clanton was unconscious.

The juvenile said after Parrent assaulted Clanton, Parrent directed him to dispose of the evidence.

Grice told police he wiped down bottles, soda cans, and glasses to get rid of fingerprints. He said he and the juvenile stole a cell phone, a military coin, DVD player, silver utensils, and headphones.

Clanton was a former Green Beret who served his country for 13 years including during Operation Desert Storm. He was highly decorated and honorably discharged.

He became disabled about eight years before his death, suffering brain damage after a 14-foot fall.

http://www.dailyjournalonline.com/ne...cc4c03286.html
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:56   #18
Stingray
Guerrilla

Donis O. (Ike) Clanton

Rest in Peace Mr. Clanton. Thank you for your service.
Let justice be served for those involved, whether in this life or the next.

Sincerely,

"In the fell clutch of circumstance, I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance, My head is bloody, but unbowed." William Ernest Henley
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 19:18   #19
bost1751
Quiet Professional

Ike was a member of my team in C/3/10, a great guy and team member. RIP brother.
bost1751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 19:11   #20
DrJay
Quiet Professional

Wasn't Ike on 012 in the early '90s? If so, we downed a lot of suds at the community club. Hell of a way for anybody to die. Peace, my brother.
DrJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 18:02   #21
Gypsy
Area Commander

I'm sorry I missed this thread, RIP Mr. Clanton. It is horrible.

Found this update. I hope these little bastards get what's coming to them.

http://pro.kzim-am.tritonflex.com/co...=49&post_id=71

Apr 18, 2012 -- 11:32am

A Farmington man is going to trial next week for his role in the killing of a disabled former Green Beret. 22-year-old Trevor Grice of Marquand, and 29-year-old Jason Parrent of Farmington, are charged in St. Francois County with second-degree murder, second-degree assault and endangering the welfare of a child. Grice has a trial setting hearing May 16th before Judge Kenneth Pratte. Parrent’s trial is set for April 23rd. 44-year-old Donis Clanton was found dead at his Farmington home May 6th, 2010. An autopsy determined Clanton died of head trauma consisting of two blows to the ear and at least four blows to the head. Clanton was a former Green Beret who served for 13 years.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:38   #22
Stras
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJay View Post
Wasn't Ike on 012 in the early '90s? If so, we downed a lot of suds at the community club. Hell of a way for anybody to die. Peace, my brother.
He was on the same team with Monty from what I remember. I think he ended up on 013 (MFF) when I got to A Co in Feb 1994. 015 (Mountain) and 012 (Scuba), 011, 014 and 016 were Ruck teams. We had the great team number switcheroo circa 1995.

De Oppresso Liber
Stras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:38   #23
jlcoad
Quiet Professional

This isn't justice

On Dec. 12, Grice was found guilty and sentenced to four years in prison for involuntary manslaughter in connection with the death of former Green Beret Donis “Ike” Clanton on May 6, 2010. Grice was credited for time served. He was released from prison on a conditional release by the Parole Board Jan. 18.

http://dailyjournalonline.com/news/l...9bb2963f4.html
Old 10-05-2013, 12:58   #24
PRB
Quiet Professional

That is not justice.
Ike had the mental ability of a 12 year old when they killed him (after his head injury)...there was nothing 'involuntary' about it.
This perp needs killing.
PRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 13:07   #25
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcoad View Post
On Dec. 12, Grice was found guilty and sentenced to four years in prison for involuntary manslaughter in connection with the death of former Green Beret Donis “Ike” Clanton on May 6, 2010. Grice was credited for time served. He was released from prison on a conditional release by the Parole Board Jan. 18.

http://dailyjournalonline.com/news/l...9bb2963f4.html
From the article, it looks like he got another four years for assaulting an inmate during his incarceration.

Not sure what is going on with this POS, but for someone all of 5'3" tall, he sure likes to hit.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 09:15   #26
dannyleo
Quiet Professional

I miss Ike

Just saw this. Sras, you're correct. Same team as Monty and I. Man, I remember having such great times with Ike. I went to AZ for something (GPS testing?) and took a picture of a sign that showed the Clanton gang something or other, Ike thought it was great! He had some ups and downs. Run in with the polizei one time when he was trying to do the right thing and get some sleep at the Oktoberfest, he kinda got the raw deal on that, but his drinking back in the day had bit him a few times. Man, we sure had some good times together and good times talking about those good times later. Thanks somebody for posting the pic. Still looks like good ole Ike. Writing through the tears and not ashamed I'm shedding them for a former teammate. I miss you Ike. RIP.

Motorcycle Adventure Addict
Former Action Guy
Leatherneck/Devil Dog
Motorcycle Officer
Firefighter
Paramedic

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt, then got too fat to wear it.
Motorcycled to the Arctic Ocean North of Prudhoe Bay.
Said, "Been there, done that."
Turned around and drove straight to Key West, Southernmost Point in the US.
I didn't have any room for t-shirts on that little 13,500-mile journey.
dannyleo is offline   Reply With Quote