Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 07-02-2004, 18:33   #1
ghuinness

FL Elections

Wasn't sure if I should post this in humour ...

I heard a report on the local radio about FL Dems requesting the
UN assist with the 2004 elections.

Ran a search and found the petition.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takea...088814728&sign[partner_userID]=618519122&sign[memberID]=618519122&sign[partnerID]=1

I can't believe it. I am stunned....

Edited: to add a news link.
H of Rep Members pushing this as well

Last edited by ghuinness; 07-02-2004 at 20:59.
Old 07-02-2004, 22:11   #2
Gypsy
Area Commander

I was pretty stunned myself, they really have some nerve. The UN is useless or haven't they noticed? WTH is it with these people thinking this ineffectual body could come into OUR Country and regulate the election. Idiots all of them. NDD it is time to call for another jihad.
Old 07-02-2004, 22:19   #3
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Sorry, would this be the same UN that ran the "Oil for Food" program?

Well, we see what paragons of virtue they were there, eh?

I think not! Someone send that link to O'Reilly!

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 22:25   #4
Gypsy
Area Commander

Obviously they don't have two brain cells to rub together and they haven't heard the news....lovely program, that Food for Oil. Corruption at its finest.

Done.
Old 07-03-2004, 02:28   #5
CRad
Guerrilla

Several Members of House of Reps? Who are they? Can we have some names Please? I have seen nothing in the Miami Herald about this and I mean nothing. If there is somthing in the morning paper I will say so, but this website said Fri July 2 at 2 AM and I have recieved a morning paper since then. Frankly, I think it's a crock of shit.

The Herald is full of news about the new Cuba regulations, felon purges, and the like. The UN being involved in the voting? this is the first I have heard of any of it. Shocking is the best I can say.

WASHINGTON (AFP) - Several members of the House of Representatives have requested the United Nations (news - web sites) to send observers to monitor the November 2 US presidential election to avoid a contentious vote like in 2000, when the outcome was decided by Florida.
Old 07-03-2004, 07:31   #6
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by CRad
Several Members of House of Reps? Who are they? Can we have some names Please? I have seen nothing in the Miami Herald about this and I mean nothing. If there is somthing in the morning paper I will say so, but this website said Fri July 2 at 2 AM and I have recieved a morning paper since then. Frankly, I think it's a crock of shit.
Looks like at least one of them is named in the referenced article:

Eddie Bernice Johnson, who spearheaded the effort.

She appears to be a Texas 30th District Congresswoman, but it is not on her web site yet.

C, you no longer live in the United States, what do you expect from your local paper?

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

Old 07-03-2004, 08:25   #7
ghuinness

Quote:
Originally posted by The Reaper
Someone send that link to O'Reilly!

TR
Done - see if he does anything.
Old 07-03-2004, 09:17   #8
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Quote:

She appears to be a Texas 30th District Congresswoman, but it is not on her web site yet.

C, you no longer live in the United States, what do you expect from your local paper?

TR
The Fool
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 09:19   #9
myclearcreek
Guerrilla

Quote:

TR
Ugh. Not my district, but just having her [EBJ] in my state... Still nothing on her site today. UN involvement is the last thing we need - wrong vehicle, wrong signals to the world.

Edit for clarification.
myclearcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 11:05   #10
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

It is being reported on Fox now.

TR

Old 07-03-2004, 11:56   #11
Ghostrider
Tank Boy

Angry

In addition to Congresswoman Johnson, here is the list of the others.

Joseph Crowley (NY-07)
Raul Grijalva (AZ-07)
Danny Davis (IL-07)
Corrine Brown (FL-03)
Carolyn Maloney (NY-14)
Jerrold Nadler (NY-08)
Michael Honda (CA-15)
Elijah Cummings (MD-07)
Julia Carson (IN-07)
Edolphus Towns (NY10)

edited to add: I just e-mailed Senator McCain, Senator Kyl and Congressman Flake. I would urge everyone to contact their own Senators and Congressperson. Here is what I wrote:

Dear Senator McCain,

It is with great distress that I have learned that several Congressional Representatives led by Congresswoman Eddie Bernice Johnson (TX-30) and including the following:
Joseph Crowley (NY-07), Raul Grijalva (AZ-07), Danny Davis (IL-07), Corrine Brown (FL-03), Carolyn Maloney (NY-14), Jerrold Nadler (NY-08), Michael Honda (CA-15), Elijah Cummings (MD-07), Julia Carson (IN-07) Edolphus Towns (NY-10)

have forwarded a request to Mr. Kofi Annan of the United Nations that the U.N. provide observers for the Presidential Election this November. This is an unprecedented attack on the political process of the United States of America and without any doubt, the framers of our Constitution are turning in their graves. The mere thought that elected officials would defer even a small measure of their constituencies' voting rights to the United Nations is not only disturbing, but in my humble opinion borderline treason.

We as a nation are the envy of the world because we are able to conduct the election of our leaders in a manner that is fair and truly representative of the feelings of the people. It goes without saying that to turn over any aspect of our political process to a body that has it's share of corruption issues is not just ludicrous, but downright irresponsible. I urge you and your colleagues to strongly oppose this petition by all those involved and chastise them publicly for shirking their obligation not only to the people of their districts, the states they represent, and the United States of America.

Sincerely,

xxxxx

Last edited by Ghostrider; 07-03-2004 at 12:30.
Ghostrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 21:22   #12
Kyobanim

Why is it that someone from Texas feels they can call on the un to watch over the Florida elections? We can screw things up nicely by ourselves, thank you very much.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."
Optimus Prime
Kyobanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 08:12   #13
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyobanim
Why is it that someone from Texas feels they can call on the un to watch over the Florida elections? We can screw things up nicely by ourselves, thank you very much.
Why you gotta mention the Texas thing?

What I don't like about this is Fox said, "Well, it won't happen, the UN says they only go in if the executive branch asks them to and there would be about 20,000 UN observers required."

Where's the outrage? I don't give a fook what the UN has to say or if its feasible! I want outrage at the sponsors of this treason!
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 08:40   #14
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

I would wager a small sum that more military votes were invalidated in the 2000 election than minority votes.

Can the UN monitor that as well?

They could just go to Iraq and collect the 140,000 votes there in person.

TR

Old 07-04-2004, 09:31   #15
Kyobanim

Quote:
Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
Why you gotta mention the Texas thing?
We all have our crosses to bear.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."
Optimus Prime

Last edited by Kyobanim; 07-04-2004 at 09:58.
Kyobanim is offline   Reply With Quote