Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > 10th Special Forces Group

Old 08-10-2006, 05:20   #106
Firebeef
Quiet Professional

Thanks. On our second fire alarm at 0411 I could really feel dem beers you all had for me........ or was that lack of sleep???? Thanks anyways. LOL
Old 08-10-2006, 05:26   #107
mike-munich
Guerrilla

Gotta love the graveyard shift Firebeef...

I will have some Aspirins and Tylenols for you now.
Old 08-10-2006, 23:23   #108
12B4S
Quiet Professional

Got here late, but knew I had those extra beers last night for someone.
Old 08-11-2006, 18:21   #109
Firebeef
Quiet Professional

Vielen dank boys!! It's Friday and back on shift, already startin to get crazzee....keep them beers by proxy coming!!

Prosit!
Old 08-11-2006, 21:53   #110
lksteve
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12B4S
Mike or any of you that were in Toelz, can correct me on this. Anyway. Somewhere around 10am, there was this deal called Brot Zeit (Bread time). A mid morning break.
i remember it well...workmen had a lunch box with a piece of bread, some sausage and a beer or six...they had a mid-morning break with beer, lunch with a beer or two, a mid-afternoon with a beer...then went home and probably had a couple of beers...a drinking schedule like that would have killed a light-weight like me...
""A man must know his destiny. if he does not recognize it, then he is lost. By this I mean, once, twice, or at the very most, three times, fate will reach out and tap a man on the shoulder. if he has the imagination, he will turn around and fate will point out to him what fork in the road he should take, if he has the guts, he will take it.""- GEN George S. Patton
lksteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 23:15   #111
CoLawman
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by lksteve
i remember it well...workmen had a lunch box with a piece of bread, some sausage and a beer or six...they had a mid-morning break with beer, lunch with a beer or two, a mid-afternoon with a beer...then went home and probably had a couple of beers...a drinking schedule like that would have killed a light-weight like me...
Certainly there would have been a stop at the Gasthaus to drink a Pilsner before heading home to polish off the homemade brew.
CoLawman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 23:44   #112
12B4S
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by lksteve
LOL..... Yep LK. That was all part of it. I just thought I'd start with morning break. But any construction project, that I happened to drive by that was 2 or more stories. The guys didn't bring thier beer with them. It was being hoisted up to them in a case or cases, slung from a crane. Depending how many were working and how big the project.

True CoLawman. A stop at a favorite Gasthaus was normally in the schedule. There were times, I happened to be there when they came in.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:33   #113
Richard
Quiet Professional

Guaranteed biers

Guys,

The unions in the Bundesrepublik Deutschland demand the bier breaks in their worker's contracts. The standard is 1 at mid-morning, 2 at lunch, and 1 at mid-afternoon, often provided by their employers under the terms of their union contracts. I found this out as the ACSCMO for Deutschland and Luxembourg when dealing with CSG (Civilian Support Groups for our POMCUS sites) contract issues and a US 3 Star who wanted it stopped. Guess who lost that battle?

On a lighter note, alcoholism remains a major issue for German industry with many companies having to staff at 10-25% higher because of its effects to ensure the quantity of workers necessary for daily operations. And try to fire a worker with a drinking problem.

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 04:50   #114
Firebeef
Quiet Professional

I haven't been back to Germany since 1999, but it seems to me, the Germans I saw on the job on construction, street repair, etc, ....seems to me the Germans were the guys with the guts, leaning on the shovels, the Turks, Greeks, Yugolslavs, etc were the guys doin most of the work. Stimmt? oder nicht?
Old 08-14-2006, 10:42   #115
mike-munich
Guerrilla

Quote:
seems to me the Germans were the guys with the guts, leaning on the shovels, the Turks, Greeks, Yugolslavs, etc were the guys doin most of the work. Stimmt? oder nicht?
Das stimmt ! But hey, somebody has to carry the responsibility, others have to carry the tools...

I did see almost the same thing back in the US, white guys with guts, mexicans doing all the work...

Richard is right about the unions demanding the breaks. Just our Police union is not very good in demanding such things. We can´t even go on strike here, have a 42 hour week and shifts, while everybody else works 35 to 38 hours and have the right to go on strike...
Old 12-07-2006, 08:49   #116
mike-munich
Guerrilla

Gents,

I might as well use this thread instead of opening a new one.

I´ve been talking to Brad (12B4S) about this idea on PM for a while:

I know there was a reunion 2 years ago in Bad Tölz. What about one in 2007 ? Maybe in fall, around the time for Oktoberfest, so those who are interested can attend it ?

This would give us almost one year to plan this, if anybody is interested that is. I can arrange things on my side, inquire about lodging ($ to $$$$), suggest places to eat or activities and forward the intel to the parties involved.

I was thinking about one weekend where we all could get together, talk and so on, since alot of guys that served in the 10th don´t even know each other. Everybody can decide individually how long they want to stay in Germany and what to do and what to see on their trip.
I wouldn´t limit the event to 10th guys, maybe it should be open for all QP´s from this forum who´re interested ?

Maybe some of you can take the chance and see the Group up in Panzer/Böblingen while you are here.

What does everybody think ?
Old 12-19-2006, 17:49   #117
12B4S
Quiet Professional

It would be great to get back over there. Even greater to get as many people from here to meet up. Right now it is just a money thing. Working on that though.
Old 12-19-2006, 18:16   #118
lksteve
Quiet Professional

i'd love to go back, the wife would really love to go back, but time, scheduling issues, gets to be a problem...and if i can't take my dog, i ain't going...
""A man must know his destiny. if he does not recognize it, then he is lost. By this I mean, once, twice, or at the very most, three times, fate will reach out and tap a man on the shoulder. if he has the imagination, he will turn around and fate will point out to him what fork in the road he should take, if he has the guts, he will take it.""- GEN George S. Patton
lksteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 02:08   #119
mike-munich
Guerrilla

Brad, I understand the money part. Well, there is one year time, hopefully we get that squared away.

Sir, I think you can take your dog as a carry-on luggage. Well, if the pooch isn´t a Newfoundland dog like I used to have (150 lbs.)

Would be great to bring some of the QP´s back to Tölz....
Old 12-22-2006, 14:51   #120
12B4S
Quiet Professional

Yeah. We do have the better part of a year. It's definately a top goal.

Better start teaching your dog German lk. It'll help when meeting the fraulein pooches.