Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Library

Old 11-20-2023, 18:27   #1
Penn
Area Commander

Bob Dylan Artist

There are three links here for you to explore, they are posted with the intent to discover what otherwise would be dismissed as the frivolous undertaking of a rock ego. imho, as a devotee, shocked at the level of execution and presentation outside of songwriting. Painterly qualities on the upmost skill level, multifaceted interest, with the power to control the medium of each discipline.
With regard the the whiskey, serious sipping strength, long finish.
Mind you, I come to this as a child, who was forced by his Benny Goodman WWII swing parents to listen to Dylans music in the cold attic of three story house.

I hope you all are as surprise as we were...

https://www.halcyongallery.com/exhib...60-deep-focus/

https://www.heavensdoor.com/bob-dylan-art?country=USA

https://www.bradleysmetalfinishers.c...ob-dylan-gate/
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 07:27   #2
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Amazing

If you were to query any age group, you would get a picture of Bob Dylan, the rebel-poet, free-thinking, 50tys-hippy, pot-smoking, singer/songwriter, who travels from bar gig to gig, lucky to make enough to pay for gas, with a voice that would make a cat cringe.

You would not guess he is a very aggressive, multifaceted business icon.
Kinda like an Ian Musk-ish Boomer.

Thanks Penn

I need to check out the line of whiskey(s).

Did I say Bob the Bazillianare??
Catch a look at the prices..

https://buy.heavensdoor.com/?utm_sou...Wqwg%3D.Si9fWs

He is very proud of that whiskey, WOW..

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"

Last edited by JJ_BPK; 11-21-2023 at 11:14.
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 22:59   #3
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

I recently had the opportunity to sample his bourbon.

I was unimpressed.

Of course, I am not a fan of his music either, so there is that.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2023, 22:09   #4
Penn
Area Commander

The Whiskey - Heaven Gate

TR, my assessment of the whiskey is mixed. The first round was sought of thin and the finish seemed a little hot, which indicates imo, high alcohol %, second round I let sit for quite awhile a dropped a touch of water into the neat pour, it opened up and was buttery Scotch like rich, with a long finish.
As for his music TR, give a listen to Nashville Skyline, it might sway you a bit.
Old 11-23-2023, 09:04   #5
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Did a little noseing around.
It seems part of Dylan's brand is intertwined with the Irish Redbreast Whiskey brand.

Quote:
Heaven’s Door & Redbreast Master Blender’s Edition
May 18, 2021

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Heaven’s Door Whiskey™, Bob Dylan’s evolving collection of American whiskeys, and Redbreast Irish Whiskey®, the world renowned Single Pot Still Irish Whiskey, proudly announce the release of a limited-edition 10-Year Aged Bourbon finished in Redbreast casks. This first ever collaboration for both brands was created in tandem by Master Blenders, Ryan Perry of Heaven’s Door and Billy Leighton of Redbreast Irish Whiskey, and has been aptly named, “The Master Blenders’ Edition.” Marrying the best of American and Irish whiskey, The Master Blenders’ Edition has already been awarded a Double Gold medal in a blind tasting in the 2021 San Francisco World Spirits Competition.

Bob Dylan became deeply connected to Ireland through his friendship with the well-known Irish Clancy Brothers, who he met in Greenwich Village in the 1960s, and some of his early music was inspired by their traditional Irish music style. Building on his long relationship with Ireland, the Heaven’s Door Founder worked closely with the Master Blenders on this innovative yet nostalgic collaboration. More than two years in the making, Perry and Leighton trialed a multitude of blends and barrel finishes to arrive at their final whiskey profile. Bob Dylan sampled over a dozen blends before settling on the final selection. “Mr. Dylan is a perfectionist and knows his whiskey,” said Billy Leighton. “His engagement and enthusiasm for this collaboration made this project even more special.”

The Master Blenders’ Edition features Heaven’s Door 10-year aged Straight Bourbon finished in Redbreast’s signature Single Pot Still Casks for 15 months, extracting flavor from single pot Irish whiskey and formerly Spanish sherry. The end result is a taste profile unlike any American whiskey and delivers prominent notes of nuts, spice and leather, as well as the influence of sherry, citrus, dark fruit, and a subtle sweetness of Yellow Man from the Redbreast casks.

https://www.redbreastwhiskey.com/en/...nders-edition/
And Virginia's ABC carries two of the offerings.

Quote:

Heaven's Door Cask Strength Single Barrel Bourbon

The annual Cask Strength Single Barrel Bourbon limited allocation is comprised both of distilled barrels and sourced from partnering whiskey makers. Let it take you on a tailored journey of taste and experience. Available: 750 ml, $69.99

Heavens Door Redbreast Master Blenders Edition

Bob Dylan’s evolving collection of American whiskeys, and Redbreast Irish Whiskey, the world renowned Single Pot Still Irish Whiskey, proudly announce the release of a limited-edition 10-Year Aged Bourbon finished in Redbreast casks. This first ever such collaboration for both brands was created. Available: 750 ml $99.99
As Penn mentioned, "The first round was sought of thin and the finish seemed a little hot, which indicates imo, high alcohol %"

I have come to the point in Life where taste and flavor take preference over the BURN. I think all Whiskys need 12-15 yrs in the BUTTS, allowing the angels to extract their fair share.

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 11:48   #6
Penn
Area Commander

TR, 1st HappyThanksgiving to you and yours...One of my Favorites, Lay Lady Lay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhzEsb2tNbI
Old 11-24-2023, 17:16   #7
doctom54
Quiet Professional

Quote: