Quiet Professional

The Global IQ Failure continues...

It's Never Crowded Along the Extra Mile - Wayne Dyer

WOKE = Willfully Overlooking Known Evil
MR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 08:49   #2072
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

The feed of news, culture, and social media is designed to create a never ending drip of negative emotions.
This primes a population for panic when a threat is presented which cannot be accurately assessed.

A portion of the population will do anything to relieve the stress.
They will latch onto whatever gives hope, even it is somewhat irrational.

When the more resilient portion of the population dares to point out the irrational nature of the the behaviors which bring hope, they are attacked by the less resilient portion.
This is because it again exposes the less resilient to the stress from which they have finally found relief.

Sadly, a large portion of the population would rather have relief from the stress of dealing with reality, at the cost of their freedom.

None of us are getting out of this life alive and intact.
If everyone were taught that lesson when young and taught not to fear it, they might develop a personal strategy to make the most of the time they are given.

A culture based on materialism and hedonism, lacking any enduring meaning, is ripe to be conquered and subjugated.
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 16:02   #2073
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divemaster View Post
It is now over 3 1/2 years since I started this thread. What a wild ride since, eh?
...and people are still walking around Walmart wearing their religious face coverings
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 17:16   #2074
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

I’m starting to see more people wearing them here in NM in the last 30 days. All I can do is smile an think how stupid they are. We have a lot of stupid here
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 18:24   #2075
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
...and people are still walking around Walmart wearing their religious face coverings
They wear them with cultish pride. The ones who wear them outdoors while exercising I find particularly humorous.
Old 10-01-2023, 19:45   #2076
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_BHT View Post
I’m starting to see more people wearing them here in NM in the last 30 days. All I can do is smile an think how stupid they are. We have a lot of stupid here
Make no mistakes my friend - these people are not stupid. These are people with Masters Degrees in the sciences. These are people with PHDs in a broad range of fields of study. These are the people teaching in American Universities. These are the people teaching in American high schools. These are the elementary school teachers that are encouraging young people to mutilate their genitalia.

These are even the people running our government.
They are not stupid.
They are malevolent - for sure - but they are not stupid.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

Last edited by Box; 10-02-2023 at 06:21.
Old 10-02-2023, 05:28   #2077
Swoop
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslode View Post
They wear them with cultish pride. The ones who wear them outdoors while exercising I find particularly humorous.
Perhaps even more humorous and disturbing are the ones wearing them while driving in an enclosed vehicle by themselves.
Swoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 06:34   #2078
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
Perhaps even more humorous and disturbing are the ones wearing them while driving in an enclosed vehicle by themselves.
Very true! And most of those same people would have stood around waiting to be allowed entry at COSTCO where an up wind sneeze or cough would have release the 'deadly' spray 'The Science' warned us about. Some of these very same people would likely turn you in to the EPA if you were scraping lead paint on a windy day.

And many of these same people believe Jim Jones was a mad man, and are stupefied how any parent would drink poison Koolaid let alone allow their children to ingest the toxic brew.

I find there are some parallels to the run up to the 2008 election when it seemed everywhere I turned someone was asking me "Have you read the book"......and they weren't talking about the Bible.
Old 10-02-2023, 10:05   #2079
bblhead672
Area Commander

Saw a man pushing cart in Sam's yesterday with a young boy in the cart. The man was masked, the boy was not. They can't even see the stupidity of what they are doing.
“Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.”

--Thomas Jefferson
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 10:24   #2080
MR2
Quiet Professional

Maybe they are wearing masks to prevent being inoculated by the new airborne vaccine...

It's Never Crowded Along the Extra Mile - Wayne Dyer

WOKE = Willfully Overlooking Known Evil
MR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 12:41   #2081
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblhead672 View Post
Saw a man pushing cart in Sam's yesterday with a young boy in the cart. The man was masked, the boy was not. They can't even see the stupidity of what they are doing.
Maybe the kid in the shopping cart is a young republican.
Betting odds are pretty good that the guy pushing the cart is a democrat though.