Quiet Professional

Pg 46 brought back good memories.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:25   #228
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7879FormerSFD View Post
African American gent who worked and ran the infirmary just above the NCO Club. A medic that worked out, lifted weights, and maintained a locked locker in the uppoer gym where they kept the weights and benches and he kept his own weights in the locker. Am hoping someone may remember him and his name.

He was an E 7

7879formerSFD
Would you Please post your intro as required and fill out your profile before you post again.
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:51   #229
lksteve
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-munich View Post
Sir, your season pass is around $500 now...
damn, I hate getting old...I forgot I'd already posted to this...that happens when I spend the morning shoveling snow off my walk and parking spots...
""A man must know his destiny. if he does not recognize it, then he is lost. By this I mean, once, twice, or at the very most, three times, fate will reach out and tap a man on the shoulder. if he has the imagination, he will turn around and fate will point out to him what fork in the road he should take, if he has the guts, he will take it.""- GEN George S. Patton
lksteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:08   #230
mike-munich
Guerrilla

Quote:
damn, I hate getting old...I forgot I'd already posted to this...that happens when I spend the morning shoveling snow off my walk and parking spots...
Sir, don't worry about it.

Shovelling snow... I don't envy you. Sunshine over here, and most of the snow melted away. But you know Bavaria, there is more to come before winter is over...
Old 02-08-2011, 09:13   #231
lksteve
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Shovelling snow... I don't envy you. Sunshine over here, and most of the snow melted away. But you know Bavaria, there is more to come before winter is over...
Only two or three inches...and it fell in below zero temps, so it was light and fluffy...makes me want to go ski...but then again, there's that whole lift ticket issue (around $75 per day)...could have been much worse...could have been Sierra cement...that stuff is wetter and heavier than the snow that fell in Toelz...much heavier...
""A man must know his destiny. if he does not recognize it, then he is lost. By this I mean, once, twice, or at the very most, three times, fate will reach out and tap a man on the shoulder. if he has the imagination, he will turn around and fate will point out to him what fork in the road he should take, if he has the guts, he will take it.""- GEN George S. Patton
Old 02-08-2011, 09:21   #232
mike-munich
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by lksteve View Post
Only two or three inches...and it fell in below zero temps, so it was light and fluffy...makes me want to go ski...but then again, there's that whole lift ticket issue (around $75 per day)...could have been much worse...could have been Sierra cement...that stuff is wetter and heavier than the snow that fell in Toelz...much heavier...

The lift ticket issue is what kept me from going skiing this year. And it got worse with the unexperienced Dutch skiers running us over. If you see the Autobahn with all the cars from the Netherlands one must think it's a country with 350 million people...

I hear you on the heavy snow. Gotta hate it...
Old 02-08-2011, 09:26   #233
lksteve
Quiet Professional

Quote:
I hear you on the heavy snow. Gotta hate it...
Bought telemark skis...haven't used them in a couple of years...I swear, I'll get out this winter...LOL...I shovel snow every few hours during big storms...I know guys that wait until it quits, saying they only want to shovel one...I shovel four times, fifteen minutes a whack...they shovel once...with two or three breaks...and it takes an hour or more...there is no saving effort when it comes to snow shoveling./
Old 02-08-2011, 09:29   #234
mike-munich
Guerrilla

Somehow I'm glad that the janitor is doing the shovelling part for me...

Well, winter ain't over here in Bavaria. Maybe I get a half-day pass for me and the HH6 and get the skies out. I blew most of the cash for our tickets to the US of A in october....
Old 02-09-2011, 21:39   #235
lksteve
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Maybe I get a half-day pass for me and the HH6 and get the skies out. I blew most of the cash for our tickets to the US of A in october....
Found this on the MWR website for FE Warren AFB...I live about 50 miles south of there...

Season Ski Passes Available
It’s not too early to get a great deal on season passes for the 2010/11 ski season. Military discount season passes are available now at ODR for the Loveland Ski Area, Keystone-Arapahoe Basin (Liberty Pass) and Copper/Winter Park/Steamboat (Patriot Pass Plus).

Loveland Season Pass – $149 adults, $119 young adult, $99 child. Active duty, reservists, National Guard, Coast Guard, Foreign Military and their dependants with I.D.
Liberty Pass (Keystone-A-Basin) – $195 adults, $112 child. Active duty, reservists, National Guard, Coast Guard, Foreign Military and their dependants with I.D.
Patriot Pass (Copper-Winter Park) – $229 adults, $114 child. Active duty, reservists, National Guard, Coast Guard, Retired Military, Foreign Military and their dependants with I.D.
Patriot Pass Plus (Copper-Winter Park & 6 days @ Steamboat) – $239 adult, $124 child. Active duty, reservists, National Guard, Coast Guard, Retired Military, Foreign Military and their dependants with I.D.
Monarch – $169 adults, $119 junior (ages 7 – 12). All active duty, retirees and their dependents.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:13   #236
mike-munich
Guerrilla

Actually the price aren't bad at all...

Season passes for the Brauneck start at €320 to €410. No discounts apply...

I think I get me a day-pass for €29 (€26 for senior citizens, but I'm 21 years short of that... LOL).

Enjoy the skiing in beautiful Colorado! I have some friends on the Aspen and Carbondale PD, they told me skiing in the Rockies is something else. Too bad I've been there in summertime. On the other hand, I got to hang out with Razor in the Suffern' Bastarads Tavern in the Springs and see a Rockies game in Denver with Firebeef.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:28   #237
Stras
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Actually the price aren't bad at all...

Season passes for the Brauneck start at €320 to €410. No discounts apply...

I think I get me a day-pass for €29 (€26 for senior citizens, but I'm 21 years short of that... LOL).

Enjoy the skiing in beautiful Colorado! I have some friends on the Aspen and Carbondale PD, they told me skiing in the Rockies is something else. Too bad I've been there in summertime. On the other hand, I got to hang out with Razor in the Suffern' Bastarads Tavern in the Springs and see a Rockies game in Denver with Firebeef.
The price is free to telemark up the Brauneck and then ski down it.. and repeat..

It was a challenge finding Tony Hernandez' cross on the back side with the snow in Oct. But we found it nonetheless.

De Oppresso Liber
Stras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:49   #238
KW9598
Quiet Professional

Stras...myself and a cpl other guys just posted a few good pics of Tony's memorial site. They've relocated the cross since we were there, well, since I was there at least. "SF Brothers" page in facebook, if you arent in there yet. Its a "private" group

Amat victoria curam
KW9598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 14:38   #239
MVP
Quiet Professional

FB

I know FB is really attractive but the security issues and potential for identify fraud are extreme.

http://professionalsoldiers.com/foru...ad.php?t=32085

http://publicaffairs2point0.wordpres...now-about-you/
MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:38   #240
mike-munich
Guerrilla

Quote:
The price is free to telemark up the Brauneck and then ski down it.. and repeat..
Hmm, somehow I prefer the skilift....

As for FB, it's all a matter of how much information you give up there. Some people post everything about their lifes, and don't even have their privacy settings right...