Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Base Camp

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2018, 15:37   #31
exsquid
Quiet Professional
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Lower Alabama
Posts: 649
According to the other Charlie on my Team who served under him (I cannot recall if he was his Company SMG or his Bn CSM), "Sweet Lou" had a very distinctive way of talking and was known to say some dumb shit that was often repeated by others while imitating his tone and cadence. I got the impression that he was not well liked.

x/S
__________________
If not us, than who?
exsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 15:41   #32
Basenshukai
Quiet Professional
 
Basenshukai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Woodlands, Texas
Posts: 931
Quote:
Originally Posted by exsquid View Post
According to the other Charlie on my Team who served under him (I cannot recall if he was his Company SMG or his Bn CSM), "Sweet Lou" had a very distinctive way of talking and was known to say some dumb shit that was often repeated by others while imitating his tone and cadence. I got the impression that he was not well liked.

x/S
A few stories come to mind:

- 4 accidental discharges of a firearm over the years (a particularly spectacular one during SFAUCC)
- Shrek and Donkey
__________________
- Retired Special Forces Officer -
Special Forces Association Lifetime Member
Basenshukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 08:33   #33
glebo
Quiet Professional
 
glebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hope Mills, NC
Posts: 2,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRB View Post
Ok, how did he get that moniker...'sweet Lou' ?
Are we talkin Lou Gutierrez (sp??) ???
__________________
Out of all the places I've been, this is one of'em....
glebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 14:06   #34
exsquid
Quiet Professional
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Lower Alabama
Posts: 649
I am not.

x/S
__________________
If not us, than who?
exsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 03:31   #35
ODA 226
Quiet Professional
 
ODA 226's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 400
Went through in 1981

Anyone else remember "Poole's Rules" ?
__________________
Bitka Sve Rešava!
ODA 226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 06:48   #36
JimP
Quiet Professional
 
JimP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: State of confusion
Posts: 1,523
1) Never dry-fire in a gunfight.
JimP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 07:08   #37
mojaveman
Area Commander
 
mojaveman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Rod & Gun Club EUCOM
Posts: 2,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by glebo View Post
Yes, many great memories of Mott lake. When A/3/5 took it over from 2/5 in I think late '85 or early '86, we then took over training.
Remember that well. Didn't get to attend but was out there a lot providing communications support. Everybody was wearing those shirts and they were cool. Remember the porn movies at lunch?
mojaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 19:41   #38
SOT(D)
Quiet Professional
 
SOT(D)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 11
Paul Poole

"LOVE MA WORK!" a great guy. Photo from the pistol range, but not of Paul. Shot during a visit by some pogue senator from W.D.C. Dog and pony show day, with Sleepy Norton and all!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sot PISTOL RANGE.jpg (51.3 KB, 102 views)
SOT(D) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 02:52   #39
ODA 226
Quiet Professional
 
ODA 226's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 400
"Poole's Rules"

1. Never dry fire in a gunfight.
2. Never initiate an ambush from a cross-fire.
3. Never chase Indians who've stolen a Gatling Gun!

LOL!
__________________
Bitka Sve Rešava!
ODA 226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 06:04   #40
JimP
Quiet Professional
 
JimP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: State of confusion
Posts: 1,523
I forgot #2. #3 I use to this day. I use it on all the young Captain's as a way of saying: "Slow down there cowboy....let's think through this a moment."

and - "Let's walk downrange and laugh at the targets."
JimP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 22:34   #41
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional
 
Team Sergeant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 20,929
Wasn't there a "collection" of license plates there somewhere? I only heard of this, never saw the actual plates.

(and maybe not "license" plates, but plates none the less.)
__________________
"The Spartans do not ask how many are the enemy, but where they are."
Team Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 01:42   #42
glebo
Quiet Professional
 
glebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hope Mills, NC
Posts: 2,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
Wasn't there a "collection" of license plates there somewhere? I only heard of this, never saw the actual plates.

(and maybe not "license" plates, but plates none the less.)
Not that I'm aware of. I was there for abt a yr, however, that was a few days ago.

I left to go to SWC in Jan '87. Commo committee
__________________
Out of all the places I've been, this is one of'em....
glebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 14:55   #43
SOT(D)
Quiet Professional
 
SOT(D)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
Wasn't there a "collection" of license plates there somewhere? I only heard of this, never saw the actual plates.

(and maybe not "license" plates, but plates none the less.)



The plates you may be thinking of, were individual items, made by me, in 1980 or 81. I made one for Pete Morgan ( with HMFIC over the skull), for Dave Brocki (with S-4), and for Elmer Adams...cannot recall the logo, but he does want a new one. Anything after my tenure, I cannot say, but likely none, since Elmer had his for quite awhile, til loosing it!
They had the same look as the helipad, in my "photo", to the left. That was painted in early 1980, and lasted a year, until Col "Weird Wally" Wallenborn (sp?), who was either at Group, or JFK, complained about. Something about him being a DP in WWII, and likening the skull to the SS...blah, blah, blah...and demanded it be removed. So, only the skull was painted over. What a putz.

Last edited by SOT(D); 09-30-2018 at 15:01.
SOT(D) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 19:01   #44
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional
 
Team Sergeant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 20,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOT(D) View Post
The plates you may be thinking of, were individual items, made by me, in 1980 or 81. I made one for Pete Morgan ( with HMFIC over the skull), for Dave Brocki (with S-4), and for Elmer Adams...cannot recall the logo, but he does want a new one. Anything after my tenure, I cannot say, but likely none, since Elmer had his for quite awhile, til loosing it!
They had the same look as the helipad, in my "photo", to the left. That was painted in early 1980, and lasted a year, until Col "Weird Wally" Wallenborn (sp?), who was either at Group, or JFK, complained about. Something about him being a DP in WWII, and likening the skull to the SS...blah, blah, blah...and demanded it be removed. So, only the skull was painted over. What a putz.
I was told..... there was a collection of plates, general plates, stars........ generals that came out to view "training" left without their "stars".
__________________
"The Spartans do not ask how many are the enemy, but where they are."
Team Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 10:38   #45
exsquid
Quiet Professional
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Lower Alabama
Posts: 649
TS:

Now that is some funny shit.

x/S
__________________
If not us, than who?
exsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:05.



Copyright 2004-2022 by Professional Soldiers ®
Site Designed, Maintained, & Hosted by Hilliker Technologies