Old 12-29-2005, 19:44   #1
longtab
Quiet Professional

18F Course

Anyone on the list have a GOOD POC number for the 18F committee. I have a few questions since I'll be headed out there next week for the next class.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~ George Orwell
longtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 23:05   #2
Warrior-Mentor
Quiet Professional

(910)396-xxxx/xxxx

Last edited by The Reaper; 01-02-2006 at 23:47. Reason: Edited for SIGSEC. Please PM numbers unless needed by a group of QPs. Thx.
Warrior-Mentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 23:09   #3
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior-Mentor
(910)396-XXXX
Please PM that number or move it to a restricted area.

I am sure that they do not want to hear from the 235 yahoos from here who will call and ask them what badge is awarded for the course, and if they can go prior to the SFQC.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 19:40   #4
RangerRick
Asset

18f

As of today there will be no more Echo's or Delta's able to attend the Fox course. As per DA

RR
RangerRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 19:53   #5
Doc
Quiet Professional

Did not know about this. Please post the message.

De Oppresso Liber

Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 20:36   #6
RangerRick
Asset

In the course now and they put it out at formation. I will look and see if there is any offical write up. AS for the length of E and D I don't know for how long they will not be able to attend.

RR

Last edited by RangerRick; 01-23-2006 at 20:39.
RangerRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 20:43   #7
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

In other news, there were 8 E-6's chosen this past week from Student Co to start the Fox course. These are guys with no other 18 series MOS; straight from PH-II to the Fox course. The only details I have are those chosen have 5+ years Infantry and atleast one combat tour.

Crip

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc
Surgicalcric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 21:04   #8
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

I wouldn't get all knotted up about it, we've survived worse.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 21:29   #9
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgicalcric
In other news, there were 8 E-6's chosen this past week from Student Co to start the Fox course. These are guys with no other 18 series MOS; straight from PH-II to the Fox course. The only details I have are those chosen have 5+ years Infantry and atleast one combat tour.

Crip
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper
I am sure that they do not want to hear from the 235 yahoos from here who will call and ask them what badge is awarded for the course, and if they can go prior to the SFQC.

TR
See, I told you!

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 21:44   #10
Eagle5US
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerRick
As of today there will be no more Echo's or Delta's able to attend the Fox course. As per DA

RR
Well looky there...I be among the "special folks" now

Eagle

Ain't no one getting out of this world alive. All you can do is try to have some choice in the way you go. Prepare yourself (and your affairs), and when your number is up, die on your feet fighting rather than on your knees. And make the SOBs pay dearly."
The Reaper-3 Sep 04
Eagle5US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 18:00   #11
longtab
Quiet Professional

Yeah they told us yesterday in [the 18F class] formation.

Quote:

TR
AND I found out I don't get a "FOX" tab! Oh the humanity!!!

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~ George Orwell

Last edited by longtab; 01-24-2006 at 18:03.
longtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 21:20   #12
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgicalcric

Crip
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR

TR
Quote:
See, I told you!

TR
Sir thats one of the enlisted MOS's I care nothing for...atleast at this time... I am too busy trying to get in and finish the Delta course. I am a medic and a medic I shall be.

Crip

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc
Surgicalcric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 21:28   #13
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Atta Boy Crip!
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 22:05   #14
Eagle5US
Quiet Professional

Thumbs up

That's our boy Paaaw!
wiping a single tear from my cheek

Eagle

Ain't no one getting out of this world alive. All you can do is try to have some choice in the way you go. Prepare yourself (and your affairs), and when your number is up, die on your feet fighting rather than on your knees. And make the SOBs pay dearly."
The Reaper-3 Sep 04
Eagle5US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 22:10   #15
lksteve
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle5US
That's our boy Paaaw!
wiping a single tear from my cheek
you guys need to get out more...
""A man must know his destiny. if he does not recognize it, then he is lost. By this I mean, once, twice, or at the very most, three times, fate will reach out and tap a man on the shoulder. if he has the imagination, he will turn around and fate will point out to him what fork in the road he should take, if he has the guts, he will take it.""- GEN George S. Patton
lksteve is offline   Reply With Quote