Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > UWOA > Briefback

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 08:44   #61
Richard
Quiet Professional

K8Wilder - Green Beret

Guys,

After following K8's current message of "Back off! I've got an attorney and he will bite you if I say so!" I sure wish I had bought one of those t-shirts with her picture on it so I could begin wearing it now.

We had a similar soldier who used the same type of ploys to get her way in grad school and at the AmEmbassy-Bonn. I never thought very much of her, either.

IMHO, K8ee is one of those modest little people who has much to be modest about and, although she has no enemies, she appears to be intensely disliked by her friends.

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Old 10-29-2007, 08:57   #62
Pete
Quiet Professional

Words date the person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaquebite View Post
I keep seeing references to here being "Tabbed". Tabs were not even around when she supposedly "completed" the course. Those orders would have to have been cut later. I would love to see them.
I'm sure she has them but "Tabbed" dates a person. As you know back in our, you & me, early days it was "Flash Qualified", "got my S (5G)" or "S qualified". Also a "candy striper" was not a little girl that volunteered in a hospital.

"Tabbed" and "Long Tab" have grown from when 18 series became a Branch. Slang moves with the ages.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:11   #63
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

LTC Kate Wilder, you NEVER served as a Special Forces soldier or as a Green Beret. Story has it you were sent packing the day after you earned your green beret in a court house.

We're waiting for you to post the truth....... this is a second invite to ProfessionalSoldiers.com. There is two sides to every story and you are welcome to post yours.

But please feel free to live off our reputation, earned in blood.

(This was written a year ago....... see below)

Webb Is Reluctant To Advertise Duty
Veteran Blasts Allen's Public Comments

By Michael D. Shear and Tim Craig
Washington Post Staff Writers
Wednesday, October 18, 2006; Page B01

Several of the women said Webb was simply expressing the views of most men in the military at that time. "When I was in the Special Forces, I can tell you, when they speak of Jim's article, believe me, the men were disgruntled by having us in the military. It was a tumultuous time," said retired Col. Kate Wilder, who says she was the only woman ever to serve as a Green Beret. "But it wasn't yesterday. It was 30 years ago. Life moves on."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...101701408.html
Old 10-29-2007, 10:48   #64
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
"When I was in the Special Forces[/COLOR], I can tell you, when they speak of Jim's article, believe me, the men were disgruntled by having us in the military. It was a tumultuous time," said retired Col. Kate Wilder, who says she was the only woman ever to serve as a Green Beret. "But it wasn't yesterday. It was 30 years ago. Life moves on."[/B]

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...101701408.html
You know, I do not think that you can "serve as a Green Beret" unless you are in an SF coded position, which to my knowledge, she never was. Team members serve. 18 (formerly SF ASI coded) positions serve. Staff people in other billets may be serving in Special Forces, but are not serving AS Green Berets.

As a matter of fact, I believe that it would be correct to state that you were "awarded" a Green Beret, but not correct to say that you were "in the Special Forces". I believe that you were in a Military Intelligence staff position at SWCS. To say that you earned the beret may have been questionable as well, depending on the circumstances surrounding your activities in the SFQC.

I too look forward to seeing all of the facts laid out, to include your version of the events. Any embellishment of your SF service would not speak well to your credibility though.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
Old 10-30-2007, 19:59   #65
echoes
Area Commander

Draft Kate anyone?

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/D...ignatures.html

Am peeking out slowly...been on hospital duty this week, but darnit all if I didn't just sign the petition to "Draft Kate"...

This was my sig, and comment...wonder if talking to a woman will help?

#236 echoes from PS.com

"Greetings Kate! As a woman, I just wanted you to know I agree that it is disgusting to claim what we are not. Agree 100%. Not being Real is what you are against, and that is just great. Now, come on over to the site, and discuss your "SF Service"..."

To clarify in case...She is an insult to my gender!

Last edited by echoes; 10-30-2007 at 20:12.
Old 10-30-2007, 20:12   #66
Pete
Quiet Professional

#236 echoes from PS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoes View Post
#236 echoes from PS.com
echoes some "people" are going to throw some rocks in your direction. You're a salty type and will handle it well.
Old 10-30-2007, 20:24   #67
echoes
Area Commander

Well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
echoes some "people" are going to throw some rocks in your direction. You're a salty type and will handle it well.
Thank You Sir. Just hope none are QP's.

I just cannot handle the fact that anyone would claim to be SF when they are not. Any person who has spent some time here will agree that ya'll are a cut above.

I admire that quality, and look up to it.

This board, and it's members have helped people that they maybe do not know about, just by their, "Never Quit, Never Give Up," attitude.

For that, I am eternally grateful.

Holly
Old 10-30-2007, 20:38   #68
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Wasn't asking to be put on an A-Team - just wanted a school slot...yeah, that's why we work so hard training those O3s, so they can just have a school slot or a skill identifier or a tab - not like we need them on the damn Teams or anything...

Wonder what Team went without a TL for a year because you "just wanted a school slot"?

You actually sound proud about it.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 10-30-2007, 21:19   #69
lksteve
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by NousDefionsDoc View Post
Wasn't asking to be put on an A-Team - just wanted a school slot...yeah, that's why we work so hard training those O3s, so they can just have a school slot or a skill identifier or a tab - not like we need them on the damn Teams or anything....
just a reminder...in 1980, that slot could have been for an O1 or O2...or even an O4...
""A man must know his destiny. if he does not recognize it, then he is lost. By this I mean, once, twice, or at the very most, three times, fate will reach out and tap a man on the shoulder. if he has the imagination, he will turn around and fate will point out to him what fork in the road he should take, if he has the guts, he will take it.""- GEN George S. Patton
Old 10-30-2007, 21:22   #70
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by lksteve View Post
just a reminder...in 1980, that slot could have been for an O1 or O2...or even an O4...
Oh sure, take her side...
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 10-30-2007, 21:32   #71
Ambush Master
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoes View Post
Thank You Sir. Just hope none are QP's.

I just cannot handle the fact that anyone would claim to be SF when they are not. Any person who has spent some time here will agree that ya'll are a cut above.

I admire that quality, and look up to it.

This board, and it's members have helped people that they maybe do not know about, just by their, "Never Quit, Never Give Up," attitude.

For that, I am eternally grateful.

Holly

Not to worry there Lady!!!

We have your 6, so to speak!!

Take care.
Martin
Old 10-30-2007, 23:14   #72
brownapple

Quote:
Originally Posted by NousDefionsDoc View Post
Oh sure, take her side...
Hey! Without XOs back then, who would all the senior NCOs have used as their "go fors"?

Old 10-31-2007, 07:05   #73
echoes
Area Commander

Vote for kate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambush Master View Post
Not to worry there Lady!!!

We have your 6, so to speak!!

Take care.
Martin
AM Sir, Thanks!

Looks like she has some new "voters"...

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/D...ignatures.html

Holly
Old 10-31-2007, 12:03   #74
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Kate Kate Kate, Kate Wilder, guess what a few "real" Green Berets sent to ProfessionalSoldiers.com, a news paper article dated 21 Aug 1980, you remember...you and your attorney sure had a lot to say!

Please tell us which "lie" was printed concerning your earning the Green Beret? Or do you need to re-read what you (and your attorney) said so many years ago?

Kate Wilder do you remember Renny Deese? (That would be your attorney.)

Funny how the news paper article mentions "sex discrimination charges" care to enlighten our readers concerning these charges?

Did you really threaten a "federal lawsuit"? And got a congressman involved.

How come I’m not surprised.

I also heard there was a Special Forces, Congressional Medal of Honor Recipient who was also involved and he was not on your side of the issue.......

Was there anyone in Special Forces you didn't step on to earn your beret?

Team Sergeant
Old 10-31-2007, 12:28   #75
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
Was there anyone in Special Forces you didn't step on to earn your beret?

Team Sergeant
It occurs to me that she didn't earn a beret as much as she was given one (and a Certificate of Completion, rather than a Diploma) after reportedly violating standards and getting a lawyer involved.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
Closed Thread