C46thVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 17:28   #17
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by C46thVA View Post
I was more interested in some good "tall tales", names are best left out
JDW
I don't mind telling tall tales, it's afterward, when my former team-mates find out and hunt me down and kill me (and everyone with the same last name), thats I mind.
Old 04-14-2008, 18:21   #18
longrange1947
Quiet Professional

Some of those guys have passed away, one as the first American in Somalia, named "Super Jew". He was with me when we started SOTIC in 85. Another was a good friend and drinking buddy that kept my secret from Bo Gritz when we were caught in an off limits place in Panama, in uniform after a crappy jump. You could only see my leg when I pushed back when the camera came out. The picture was on Bo's desk t he next morning. He wanted to know who the third turd was. Good memories, Rest in Peace guys, you more than earned it.

TS - You are right, quite a few are still "active" in world.

Rick B.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing it is great on a hamburger but not so great sticking one up your ass.

Author - Richard.

Experience is what you get right after you need it.

Author unknown.
longrange1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 20:08   #19
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by longrange1947 View Post
Some of those guys have passed away, one as the first American in Somalia, named "Super Jew". He was with me when we started SOTIC in 85. Another was a good friend and drinking buddy that kept my secret from Bo Gritz when we were caught in an off limits place in Panama, in uniform after a crappy jump. You could only see my leg when I pushed back when the camera came out. The picture was on Bo's desk t he next morning. He wanted to know who the third turd was. Good memories, Rest in Peace guys, you more than earned it.

TS - You are right, quite a few are still "active" in world.
RIP, Larry.

You are not forgotten.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 13:28   #20
C46thVA
Asset

Ive read of some of the exploits of Super Jew, and seen his photo in more than one collection of Nam era pics. Im always amazed and more than a little awed by the careers of men like him. Once you know what to look for the names keep popping up, always out front, always kicking butt for country and comrades. Its hard to imagine that some of you guys have been at it for 30 + years. SGM Waugh for example, from Vietnam to Afganistan, gives me fookin goosebumps. What more can you say about men like that, except, GOD BLESS AMERICA.

JDW
C46thVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 12:30   #21
KW9598
Quiet Professional

rare photos

thanks for sharing the photos...they're all great shots. After years of research, reading, and a never ending interest in SOF history,,,,ive never seen any of those shots.

Thanks again for posting... also passed them on to a good friend that was on the mission and recently inducted into the SF hall of fame.

cheers

Amat victoria curam
KW9598 is offline   Reply With Quote