Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 08-10-2021, 19:19   #1711
Badger52
Area Commander

Pretty dry initially, and it's about 1h20m long but I think it may be worth viewing for some interested in the timelines of what got made when, including patent numbers and situations where (a-ha) the test was available before the thing it was testing and the vaccine for it was available before the thing, etc.

Leads go all the way back to 2002 and this guy, Dr. David Martin who will introduce himself to the panel that invited him, lays it out in (mostly) language that's understandable for mortals that don't have an immunology background.

Here's the main link.

If that doesn't work, Herschel is hosting it over at The Captain's Journal here.

It's interesting to me also because he covers (way before current strife) the guy who is the EcoHealth middle-man for Fauci, and how Fauci got $$$$ to Wuhan even with a gain-of-function moratorium in place. Goal: "New Normal" and vax forever (and $$$$ forever for some).

You can decide.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino

Last edited by Badger52; 08-13-2021 at 06:13. Reason: grammar
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 10:12   #1712
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...c0ewPljOU/edit

There is a lot to unpack from that video, and is more than I have time to do in order to verify the veracity of what Dr Martin has to say. He just set off my Spidey sense. So I looked into his Bio (see link above). This was a maelstrom of circulating hyperbole! It seems as though everything related to Dr. David E Martin ends up circling the rabbit hole. Maybe that's enough to put his entire thesis on hold.
Old 08-13-2021, 06:12   #1713
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper John View Post
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...c0ewPljOU/edit

There is a lot to unpack from that video, and is more than I have time to do in order to verify the veracity of what Dr Martin has to say. He just set off my Spidey sense. So I looked into his Bio (see link above). This was a maelstrom of circulating hyperbole! It seems as though everything related to Dr. David E Martin ends up circling the rabbit hole. Maybe that's enough to put his entire thesis on hold.
That was interesting, thanks. I detected also some not-very-subtle axe-grinding present as well. Difficult to parse this stuff sometimes; the author of the counter-Martin piece is in the medicinal genomics of cannabis biz. Maybe Box is right and it all distills down to loud noises. Although, these EU guys sure get cranky with each other over a variety of things it seems.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Old 08-13-2021, 06:38   #1714
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Maybe Box is right and it all distills down to loud noises.
Ya think? Of course he is, it's Box after all.
Old 08-13-2021, 12:16   #1715
doctom54
Quiet Professional

“Dr” David Martin has a PhD in Linguistics
No training in virology
No training in epidemiology
No medical training
No law degree
Definitely not an expert on patent law.

He runs a Hedge Fund (apparently no financial education either)

He right up there with Jim Bakker,

Bakker sold colloidal silver supplements that he advertised as a panacea. In March 2020, the office of the Attorney General of New York ordered Bakker to cease making false medicinal claims about his supplements' alleged ability to cure the 2019-20 strains of coronavirus, and the Federal Trade Commission and the Food and Drug Administration also sent a warning letter to Bakker about his claims regarding the supplements and coronavirus. Missouri attorney general Eric Schmitt and Arkansas attorney general Leslie Rutledge filed lawsuits against Bakker for allegedly pushing the supplements as a treatment for the virus

Last edited by doctom54; 08-13-2021 at 19:56.
doctom54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 15:53   #1716
7624U
Quiet Professional

I would agree with Doc and Trapper, I would not trust this guy Badger52.

But I would Trust the CDC stating they don't know much about COVID-19.

Other then they are very concerned about messaging, inclusion and diversity. (BECAUSE THE VIRUS CARES !) updated 2 Aug 2021.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...a-covid19.html

Just a snippet

Quote:
15 Priority Public Health Science Questions by Topic (as of August 2021)
Vaccines

What is the effectiveness and duration of protection afforded by vaccines against SARS-CoV-2 infection and disease in various populations and settings?

What factors contribute to COVID-19 vaccine breakthrough infections among fully vaccinated people?

How does vaccine breakthrough affect SARS-CoV-2 transmission among symptomatic and asymptomatic people?

Are COVID-19 vaccine booster doses needed for fully vaccinated people? If so, what are the recommendations for the timing and administration of booster doses?

What is the impact of COVID-19 vaccine boosters or additional doses of vaccine in immunocompromised people and other key subpopulations?

What is the impact of vaccination coverage rates on SARS-CoV-2 infections, hospitalizations, and death, particularly among those disproportionately affected by COVID-19?

How does vaccine effectiveness and protection change for different SARS-CoV-2 variants, including its impact on infections, hospitalizations, and deaths?

How does vaccine effectiveness and protection differ by age group, race and ethnicity, and people with underlying medical conditions?

What is the effectiveness of vaccination strategies with mixed vaccine products?

What interventions, program decisions, and communication approaches are most effective at increasing equitable vaccination access and coverage among various populations and settings?

What are the most effective strategies for identifying and engaging diverse populations with high levels of vaccine hesitancy to improve vaccine confidence and vaccine uptake?

What communication frames and approaches most effectively counter or prevent vaccine misinformation and disinformation, particularly in populations and settings with high numbers of unvaccinated people?

What approaches effectively identify and prioritize geographic locations where strategies should be implemented to increase equitable vaccine access?

How do socioeconomic and other social factors and determinants (e.g., internet access, physical accessibility) affect vaccine access?

How do vaccine-related questions, concerns, and misinformation change over time, and how can insights be developed for programmatic action?

What factors affect the timeliness or efficiency of COVID-19 vaccination programs?

What are the most effective approaches for building the capacity of state and local health departments and community-based organizations to address social and behavioral drivers of vaccine demand and uptake?

What is the risk for adverse events associated with COVID-19 vaccines, particularly among key sub-populations including pregnant people, adolescents and young adults, the elderly, people with underlying medical conditions, and those disproportionately affected by COVID-19?

"Me"
7624U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 20:30   #1717
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

>90% of the world’s population hasn’t been infected with the Wu-Flu a year and half into the pandemic. Am I missing something?

When do the vaccinated people start eating the brains of the unvaccinated, unwashed, heathens and deplorables?

Dr. St. Fauci are you now of the opinion that masks do not work and have possibly led to untold upper respiratory illnesses and pneumonia in people with a weakened autoimmune disorder? Leading to their untimely death?

Is it possible based on data collected from across the world to definitively say masks did not alter the transmission rate of the disease but have become the number one tool of creating fear, panic and turning a society against each other based on lies and manipulation of data which has not been scientifically collected or analyzed with a test sample or control group?

I think we now know lockdowns helped spread the disease killing entire family units keeping it alive past its normal life cycle and allowing the virus to mutate from host to host and vectored through an ill prepared medical system of people in contact with the disease going home at the end of too long shifts and worn down resistance to infection. (Remember when last year hospitals were cutting staff and closing facilities because no one was actually sick?) Some places were swamped with respiratory complications and blood clotting disorders while other places couldn’t keep the staff they had to maintain the empty tents, garages and other temporary facilities created overnight in fear of what Dr. Fauci said would be gone in “Two-Weeks” if we all gave up our civil rights and freedoms.

Now I see how dystopian novels and Orwellian works of fiction become reality in an uneducated generation that will blindly follow or rise up against humanity without asking any critical questions.

“No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of they’re cowards.” Should be a phrase every time Dr. Fauci’s name is mentioned.

ETA: Full disclosure, I’ve been vaccinated against Small Pox, Yellow Fever X2, Diphtheria, Mumps, Measles, Rubella, Polio, Tetanus X like 10+, Influenza nearly every year, Anthrax, probably some other experimental vaccines, taken Doxycycline, Mefloquine, Imodium and live on a daily diet of anti-inflammatory medication just to move somewhat freely. And yes at the behest of my wife who also wants me to live long enough to be a burden to my government I got both doses of Pfizer’s mRNA based vaccine so my underlying medical conditions don’t help the Wu-Flu to kill me…at least I hope it doesn’t kill me.

GO GET VACCINATED…what’s the worst that could happen?

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)

Last edited by Old Dog New Trick; 08-13-2021 at 20:59. Reason: Spelling
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 01:29   #1718
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post
…what’s the worst that could happen?
That my natural immunity could be compromised. I haven't been sick from anything for 51 years which is when the Army gave me me last flu shot. When my wife was substitute teaching in the mid-90s, I got mild cold symptoms that went away in a day or so. I don't want to mess with Mother Nature. BTW, most of my Army Shot Record was rubber stamped except for the shots in Basic and the Oakland Transfer Point.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 05:25   #1719
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7624U View Post
I would agree with Doc and Trapper, I would not trust this guy Badger52.
No worries; the list of those not trusted gets longer by the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
BTW, most of my Army Shot Record was rubber stamped except for the shots in Basic and the Oakland Transfer Point.
I noticed that too.

Old 08-14-2021, 10:07   #1720
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
That my natural immunity could be compromised. I haven't been sick from anything for 51 years which is when the Army gave me me last flu shot.
And that maybe a very good reason not to, (not that there is anything like “natural immunity”) only a healthy, robust and normal immune system which “naturally” fights foreign invaders without compromising itself. Some people aren’t all that lucky to be born like that or having been exposed through natural occurrence or limited exposure - a Flu shot once a year, a series of childhood vaccines given through selected ages. Some kids just didn’t eat enough dirt when they were young or lick door knobs.

In fact most of the population under 35 today has lived in a antiseptic or aseptic world free of germs, bacteria, and viruses so they are more susceptible than ever before. (We knew this was coming, we chose it with access to anti-microbial soaps and hand sanitizer.)

Also, it is most probably not necessary for those that have been infected with SARS-Cov-2 and have recovered to be vaccinated but again the virus continues to mutate so it’s possible that just like vaccinated people may get a new and different strain those previously infected may get sick as well and suffer great consequences.

I know I’ve said a lot in this forum from about the first days and weeks since the beginning but I’ve never said the virus isn’t real or that it should be taken less seriously than it should be. It’s a killer virus and it doesn’t seem to want to go away all by itself. We are better at treating it and preventing it but it’s going to go through the entire world population before it’s done. We can all hope that it does only affect 10% or so of the population and the other 90% are as you say “naturally immune” and suffer no serious complications. But ‘hope’ isn’t a tactic and ‘science’ and medical proficiency and available medicine is only going to go so far. No matter what we know and do, some people are going to die.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)

Last edited by Old Dog New Trick; 08-14-2021 at 10:09.
Old 08-14-2021, 11:31   #1721
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Some kids just didn’t eat enough dirt when they were young or lick door knobs.
LOL. Your take on all this flu stuff has been interesting & welcome from the beginning, no dispute. This last makes me laugh, however. File under the heading of 1950's Americana ("Dr. Spock didn't mention this!"). One of my youngest memories was my mother asking our Family Doc (angels sing) to stop by after his office hours (yes, they still did that) and check me over to explain why I might be chowing down a few mouthfuls of her super-premier dirt she had under her prized rose bushes.

As told to me later, he mumbled something about 'Potassium' and gave my Mom a list of some things I should eat that had more of that, with the pronouncement "he's fine." No charge.

I think fresh-air, boo-boo's, and the occasional mouthful of dirt are not bad things. These are good practice for later when you dump your Bultaco in the Mojave, or get too intimate with Mother Earth on a night LandNav.

I wonder how many "sickly" children there are that simply aren't out & about enough. Probably a bunch.

Old 08-14-2021, 13:31   #1722
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

My first bike was a Bultaco Alpina 250. Took me all over So. California back the late 70s.

Old 08-14-2021, 14:37   #1723
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
My first bike was a Bultaco Alpina 250. Took me all over So. California back the late 70s.
Wish we had 'em now, no? When I look at an ad for a Matador or Sherpa that's in decent shape or restored, whew, boy are they ever proud of 'em $$$$.

Old 08-14-2021, 18:08   #1724
7624U
Quiet Professional

Quote:
In fact most of the population under 35 today has lived in a antiseptic or aseptic world free of germs, bacteria, and viruses so they are more susceptible than ever before. (We knew this was coming, we chose it with access to anti-microbial soaps and hand sanitizer.)

Right on.

The other trend besides the antiseptic germ free world I have noticed is the food we are putting into our body day after day has to be contributing to lower immune systems.

looking at the package on everything, I have seen more and more Sodium and Sugar added over the last five years it is getting crazy. Might as well just go drink humming bird diet of sugar water, Then wash it down with a-little palm oil and salt solution.

"Me"
7624U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 19:34   #1725
doctom54
Quiet Professional

Quote:

Also, it is most probably not necessary for those that have been infected with SARS-Cov-2 and have recovered to be vaccinated but again the virus continues to mutate so it’s possible that just like vaccinated people may get a new and different strain those previously infected may get sick as well and suffer great consequences.

......We are better at treating it and preventing it but it’s going to go through the entire world population before it’s done. We can all hope that it does only affect 10% or so of the population and the other 90% are as you say “naturally immune” and suffer no serious complications. But ‘hope’ isn’t a tactic and ‘science’ and medical proficiency and available medicine is only going to go so far. No matter what we know and do, some people are going to die.
I agree. I keep telling people this only ends when everyone has been vaccinated or had COVID. The Spanish Flu of 1918-19 reached the most remote Pacific islands and Eskimo villages in the Arctic.