Old 07-28-2021, 19:59   #1681
Sohei
Area Commander

At this point it's more about disobedience than "our" safety, IMO. They won't be happy until they have put a permanent split right down the middle of this nation. The numbers have never supported the actions forced upon the populace. It will eventually be us (non-vaccindated) vs them (vaccinated).
Sohei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 18:14   #1682
Last hard class
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohei View Post
The numbers have never supported the actions forced upon the populace.
Agree 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohei View Post
It will eventually be us (non-vaccindated) vs them (vaccinated)
Disagree. Although I can see why the unvaccinated may feel that way.

I’m vaccinated but I fully respect those that choose not to. Not because I think they are making a smart decision, because I believe it’s their right to do so. However, I may be less empathetic to their outcomes if their choices affect my choice to go to Vegas this fall.

It seems like we have reached the Velvet hammer stage. All levels of Gov. cajoling people to get jabbed. Incentives given out (Sending the wrong message). Local backlashes growing now that masks are coming back indoors. I saw that the VA is going to mandate vaccinations. Just the tip of the iceberg. Within six months there will be a fully approved FDA Covid vaccine. Then the remaining unvaccinated people will have to really make choices.

LHC
Old 07-29-2021, 21:00   #1683
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last hard class View Post
Within six months there will be a fully approved FDA Covid vaccine. Then the remaining unvaccinated people will have to really make choices. LHC
Not a hard choice for me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns Hopkins University and Medicine
A typical vaccine development timeline takes 5 to 10 years, and sometimes longer, to assess whether the vaccine is safe and efficacious in clinical trials, complete the regulatory approval processes, and manufacture sufficient quantity of vaccine doses for widespread distribution.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/vaccines/timeline
One years is not enough for a disease that over 98% in any age category survive.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 05:41   #1684
Badger52
Area Commander

Heavy technical content - witch doctors, go for it

Here's what seems to be an interesting article, although I'm not worthy to interpret a good portion of it. Street vernacular translations are welcome for those who care to tackle it. One thought put forward is that mass vaccination in the presence of a virus that is constantly evolving & morphing into variants (with attendant Greek letter names) is a bad idea. Near the end, before a diagram and some summary bullet points, there was this:
Quote:
I, therefore, reiterate that the currently observed convergence of naturally selected mutations towards S-derived antigenic sites that facilitate or are directly responsible for binding to the Ace-2 entry receptor combind with the velocity at which this evolution currently takes place poses a huge and imminent threat to the human population and will heavily backfire if we continue mass vaccination on a background of high viral infection rates while largely relaxing infection prevention measures.

Last but not least, it must be emphasized that those calling themselves ‘experts’ while pretending that this pandemic is ‘a pandemic among the non-vaccinated’ are devoid of any scientific insight in the evolutionary dynamics of Sars-CoV-2 as currently shaped by a combination of high viral infectivity and vaccine coverage rates. Neither the vaccinated (who merely believed the vaccine would protect them from Covid-19 disease) nor the non-vaccinated (who simply believe there is no need for them to take the vaccine in order to stay protected) are to be blamed for the escalation of this pandemic. Mass vaccination is the one and only culprit.
I wonder how TPTB will respond when, with the large-scale overall mistrust*, their vax number including those vax'd who they want to have a booster, goes backward from the direction they want. I think there will be (are?) some who now have (irreversible) buyer's remorse over having been vaccinated. When the booster number doesn't get up to the number known already vaccinated that's going to indicate they've lost the marketing ploy.

* for a variety of reasons besides Covid, but including shenanigans of Congress and various alphabet agencies.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 05:49   #1685
Pete
Quiet Professional

The information flow has gone off a cliff.

Things that were true yesterday are counteracted today. Been that way for months.

It's a giant toilet flush.

Got my shots back in May and have just continued on with life.

Same checkout staff are still working at Food Lion just like they were back in March 2020. They are the people that see the most folks every day.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 06:54   #1686
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
The information flow has gone off a cliff.

Things that were true yesterday are counteracted today. Been that way for months.

It's a giant toilet flush.

Got my shots back in May and have just continued on with life.

Same checkout staff are still working at Food Lion just like they were back in March 2020. They are the people that see the most folks every day.
My middle kid has worked checkout at the local store throughout Wuflu, this store is frequented by a large number of folks who live in the 4-5 retirement/assisted living facilities which were the hot spots in my area last year. Thousands are in and out of the store daily and he hasn't had so much as a sniffle throughout this fiasco and he is un-vaxxed.

Out of all the people I see, one couple had the Wuflu after a trip to Florida and a woman's 80 something father passed away because of WuFlu. All the older folks I see have had they shots and none has had any issues.
Old 07-30-2021, 08:18   #1687
bblhead672
Area Commander

Why is the FDA Attacking a Safe, Effective Covid Treatment?
By David R. Henderson and Charles L. Hooper
Wall Street Journal July 28, 2021 12:34 pm ET

The Food and Drug Administration claims to follow the science. So why is it attacking ivermectin, a medication it certified in 1996?

Earlier this year the agency put out a special warning that “you should not use ivermectin to treat or prevent COVID-19.” The FDA’s statement included words and phrases such as “serious harm,” “hospitalized,” “dangerous,” “very dangerous,” “seizures,” “coma and even death” and “highly toxic.” Any reader would think the FDA was warning against poison pills. In fact, the drug is FDA-approved as a safe and effective antiparasitic.

Ivermectin was developed and marketed by Merck & Co. while one of us (Mr. Hooper) worked there years ago. William C. Campbell and Satoshi Omura won the 2015 Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine for discovering and developing avermectin, which Mr. Campbell and associates modified to create ivermectin.

Ivermectin is on the World Health Organization’s List of Essential Medicines. Merck has donated four billion doses to prevent river blindness and other diseases in Africa and other places where parasites are common. A group of 10 doctors who call themselves the Front Line Covid-19 Critical Care Alliance have said ivermectin is “one of the safest, low-cost, and widely available drugs in the history of medicine.”

Ivermectin fights 21 viruses, including SARS-CoV-2, the cause of Covid-19. A single dose reduced the viral load of SARS-CoV-2 in cells by 99.8% in 24 hours and 99.98% in 48 hours, according to a June 2020 study published in the journal Antiviral Research.

Some 70 clinical trials are evaluating the use of ivermectin for treating Covid-19. The statistically significant evidence suggests that it is safe and works for both treating and preventing the disease.
In 115 patients with Covid-19 who received a single dose of ivermectin, none developed pneumonia or cardiovascular complications, while 11.4% of those in the control group did. Fewer ivermectin patients developed respiratory distress (2.6% vs. 15.8%); fewer required oxygen (9.6% vs. 45.9%); fewer required antibiotics (15.7% vs. 60.2%); and fewer entered intensive care (0.1% vs. 8.3%). Ivermectin-treated patients tested negative faster, in four days instead of 15, and stayed in the hospital nine days on average instead of 15. Ivermectin patients experienced 13.3% mortality compared with 24.5% in the control group.

Moreover, the drug can help prevent Covid-19. One 2020 article in Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications looked at what happened after the drug was given to family members of confirmed Covid-19 patients. Less than 8% became infected, versus 58.4% of those untreated.
Despite the FDA’s claims, ivermectin is safe at approved doses. Out of four billion doses administered since 1998, there have been only 28 cases of serious neurological adverse events, according to an article published this year in the American Journal of Therapeutics. The same study found that ivermectin has been used safely in pregnant women, children and infants.

If the FDA were driven by science and evidence, it would give an emergency-use authorization for ivermectin for Covid-19. Instead, the FDA asserts without evidence that ivermectin is dangerous.
At the bottom of the FDA’s warning against ivermectin is this statement: “Meanwhile, effective ways to limit the spread of COVID-19 continue to be to wear your mask, stay at least 6 feet from others who don’t live with you, wash hands frequently, and avoid crowds.”

Is this based on the kinds of double-blind studies that the FDA requires for drug approvals? No.
--------
Mr. Henderson, a research fellow with the Hoover Institution at Stanford University, was senior health economist with President Reagan’s Council of Economic Advisers. Mr. Hooper is president of Objective Insights, a firm that consults with pharmaceutical clients.
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 13:04   #1688
Box
Quiet Professional

I'm glad they spent all this effort pushing the vaccine only to tell everyone that vaccines dont work - put your mask back on.

I wish they would hurry up and mandate clown shoes - lord knows we should all be wearing them by now.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 15:45   #1689
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblhead672 View Post
Why is the FDA Attacking a Safe, Effective Covid Treatment?
Super short .answer.

Industry Regulatory Capture

Slightly longer

Reference my previous post

Big Pharma is frantically trying to create a patented ivermectin substitute in order to make big money.

Allowing a low-cost generic lacks sufficient shareholder benefit.

Ask Trapper John

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 15:49   #1690
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
I'm glad they spent all this effort pushing the vaccine only to tell everyone that vaccines dont work - put your mask back on.

I wish they would hurry up and mandate clown shoes - lord knows we should all be wearing them by now.
Get some photos of sea turtles choking out on discarded masks and mask mandates will go away....

The Clown lobby will not allow Kongress to direct appropriation of their culture. It won't happen.

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 16:16   #1691
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

Anyone who doesn’t want to get vaccinated is merely engaging in a “peaceful protest”.
That’s what all the cool kids were doing last year.
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 21:32   #1692
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by GratefulCitizen View Post
Anyone who doesn’t want to get vaccinated is merely engaging in a “peaceful protest”.

"My body, My Choice"
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 16:30   #1693
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

At what point are we going to realize and accept the science behind the Wuhan Flu is that it’s out of the bag now and everyone is gonna get exposed to it at some point in time? It doesn’t matter if you are immune, immunized, had it and recovered from it or not, and yes some people are not going to recover and will either die from complications (pre-existing or life choices) or have complications for life.

There does not seem to be a valid or medicinal value to wearing a mask or two. We all wore them and the virus spread throughout the world faster than Superman can fly on modern airplanes with their sophisticated micron air recirculation systems. In India they packed people into rail cars like holocaust victims and sent them to every corner of the country only to have every corner of the country infected. Same thing in Europe and elsewhere where lockdowns were used. When restrictions were lifted the populations suffered a delayed response only. China lied and people died!

So far the disease has infected ~10% of the world population and of that ><1% have died from it. We know that many could have survived if politics had stayed out of the decision making process and allowed doctors to see what works and what doesn’t work. By now we would be ahead of the two-week-curve! A year and half into it and we now know the tests were faulty, the vaccine is not a cure all and we are treating a virus that continues to change with every cycle. That is not only insane it’s irresponsible, reprehensible and malfeasance of the hypocritical oath to do no further harm. You do not treat a disease in the infancy of its incubation period once you find out your treatment is not working unless you want to create a “super-bug” resistant to all your future actions.

That, one medical “expert” who has been wrong on damn near everything is still calling all the shots, should tell you something about who’s responsible for it and who wants to keep using it for control or profit. The “scientific medical field” but hey follow the science and not the front line medical practitioners who deal with sick people every day.

Get vaccinated or not, but take back control of your life. Start by turning off the television and remind yourselves that, “the only thing we need to fear is fear itself.”

I’m not much of a believer in God, but obviously I do believe that our course for life begins at birth and ends with death that, if this “plague” restores balance to the world population growth and a sustainable future is discovered because of it, than that is the plan and we are just along for the ride.

God bless us all because somewhere someone is saying; “you arrogant ass, you’ve killed us!”

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 19:06   #1694
Paslode
Area Commander

Why Are Globalists And Governments So Desperate For 100% Vaccination Rates?

An interesting piece from Brandon Smith I found on Zero Hedge. It brings up some good points, many of which have been discussed here.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...cination-rates
Old 08-01-2021, 19:54   #1695
RCummings
Guerrilla

ODNT, since we were born death has always been one step behind us. One touch and we are gone. Many seem to think that by looking backward we can avoid the touch. I am not concerned one bit about what the experts say, I will live my life with as little interference from, "the smartest guys in the room", as I can. This BS was paid for by America and I'm sure others in a lab in Communist China. The injections are manufactured in the same country, the PPE comes from China. Good grief what could possibly go wrong. They can keep their injections, masks and fear.
RCummings is offline   Reply With Quote