Old 01-14-2022, 17:12   #1
Bleed Green
Guerrilla

Robin Sage Inquiry

Good afternoon all. Sorry I have not been as active in retirement but it seems I was a lot less busy working 5 days a week and answering a G phone the other 2. I recall a thread about Robin Sage a few years ago and cannot find it. I seem to recall that during this exercise many locals were contracted out as role players in Pineland. I also seem to remember that this did not include a heavy contingent of regular Army personnel or NG units. Is this correct? Fighting the effects of a concussion and trying to have a rational discussion on the MSM article about Robin Sage and needed some expert advice from those who have been there. Stay safe all.
Old 01-14-2022, 20:08   #2
Razor
Quiet Professional

Probably not what you remember, but this is a pretty good description.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 22:38   #3
Golf1echo
Area Commander

Location: Western Carolina in the rainforest,4000' along the Eastern Cont. Div.
Bleed Green Curious if this is a reference to the article written by Natasha A? Notice how the headline changes day by day, pure click bait...

Essayons

By Dand

"In the school of the wilds,there is no graduation day"Horace Kephart

Last edited by Golf1echo; 01-15-2022 at 00:17.
Golf1echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 12:19   #4
Box
Quiet Professional

The two-week 'guerilla war' training exercise in North Carolina is to teach secret commando soldiers how to wage a bloody civil war against political dissidents that refuse to vaccinate and against others that continue to post "Lets Go Brandon" memes on social video.

The cyber portion gives these secret commandos an opportunity to use metadata collected by Jeff Cuckaburg and Mark Gates and Bill Bozos.
The instructors for this training are hardened combat veterans that fought in the JADE HELM conflict. Resistance is futile. They can be easily identified by the Special Forces tattoo they get on their forearm - a skull with a snake and the motto "All Your Base Are Belong To Us"

Before these super warriors can graduate they have to eat a live chicken and and use mind power to kill a goat. Then they have to fuck a baby sheep after it has been shot with a high-velocity fully semiautomatic insult rifle. They are all democrats and they all have at least a third-degree yellow belt in Chinese Woke-Boxing. Again, resistance is futile.

I've flunked out of the training three times because I keep getting dizzy during the mandatory flag burning exercise.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing

Last edited by Box; 01-15-2022 at 12:24.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 14:50   #5
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
I've flunked out of the training three times because I keep getting dizzy during the mandatory flag burning exercise.
I bet your peer reviews were epic, though.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 15:32   #6
bubba
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
The two-week 'guerilla war' training exercise in North Carolina is to teach secret commando soldiers how to wage a bloody civil war against political dissidents that refuse to vaccinate and against others that continue to post "Lets Go Brandon" memes on social video.

The cyber portion gives these secret commandos an opportunity to use metadata collected by Jeff Cuckaburg and Mark Gates and Bill Bozos.
The instructors for this training are hardened combat veterans that fought in the JADE HELM conflict. Resistance is futile. They can be easily identified by the Special Forces tattoo they get on their forearm - a skull with a snake and the motto "All Your Base Are Belong To Us"

Before these super warriors can graduate they have to eat a live chicken and and use mind power to kill a goat. Then they have to fuck a baby sheep after it has been shot with a high-velocity fully semiautomatic insult rifle. They are all democrats and they all have at least a third-degree yellow belt in Chinese Woke-Boxing. Again, resistance is futile.

The only hope for mankind rests with a commando by the name of Snake, a rookie recruit of the elite special forces unit FOXHOUND. As long as he can use the code “up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-select-start” to receive adequate resupply from a secret Contra base he will have a chance. But it’s still probably a suicide mission…..
“Use teamwork and control. A squad without teamwork and control is nothing more than a small mob with weapons. Success depends on a high level of teamwork and control within the squad.” — pg. 3-596 STP 7-11BCHM-SM-TG

“Let’s go Brandon!” — Kelli Stavast

"...I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere.” — Thomas Jefferson

When the Revolution goes “live”, the People I’m worried about, are NOT the People I worry about. — Me

Last edited by bubba; 01-15-2022 at 15:34.
bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 18:43   #7
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba View Post
The only hope for mankind rests with a commando by the name of Snake, a rookie recruit of the elite special forces unit FOXHOUND. As long as he can use the code “up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-select-start” to receive adequate resupply from a secret Contra base he will have a chance. But it’s still probably a suicide mission…..
OPSEC bro - you're better than this.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 07:10   #8
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
There once was a young boy, who blissfully lived with his puppy, with little thought to the coming storm..

Then he attended Robin Sage and was forever changed..

Attached Images
File Type: jpg cb1.jpg (127.2 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg cb2.jpg (49.2 KB, 56 views)

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 14:40   #9
Bleed Green
Guerrilla

Thanks everybody for your responses. Your link was outstanding Razor. I am not sure who authored the article that worked up some of my retired compatriots but thanks to you guys I thought I had a pretty good idea of what it was and what it wasn't. I do have to say I have really missed your humor Box. You all rock!!! Stay safe one and all.
Old 01-21-2022, 23:55   #10
bailaviborita
Quiet Professional

It is interesting talking about "paid" contractors vs Regular Army folks and volunteers.

Prior to 9/11 we had Bragg soldiers who were tasked to support Robin Sage. After 9/11 the 82nd and other Bragg units couldn't afford to send troops out in the woods to be recruited to SF for 2 weeks, so we started paying role players. This caused some interesting issues according to some people: people who had been giving of their time and land and other resources for generations were all of a sudden offered money. Later on, when the inevitable money declined, some feelings were hurt and we lost land usage, role players, and relationships. It was like Afghanistan... but in Pineland.

Later, when the money dried up further, we started using brand new students who reported in to the Q Course. That was phase 1 for them: play a guerrilla out in the woods for 2 weeks. Funny- we all of a sudden had some attrition in the first few weeks of the Q more than normal...

I'll have to check what the current situation is- I had heard we were going away from that and going back to contractors. I do know that the overarching campaign plan the students are given these days sounds an awful lot like what we used as a baseline in Afghanistan for 20 years... (win hearts and minds!!!)
Old 01-22-2022, 05:04   #11
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailaviborita View Post
It is interesting talking about "paid" contractors vs Regular Army folks and volunteers.
Thanks for that whole post; interesting morph.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote