Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Gourmet Guerrilla

Old 09-21-2020, 03:22   #1
Pete
Quiet Professional

So what happened to all the missing paprika on the store shelves?

So what happened to all the missing paprika on the store shelves?

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...e_shelves.html

Paprika is one of those spices I don't use a lot of so when I cook something that needs it I usually need to go to the store and get a new can so I haven't noticed this. Anyone else?

"How's this for weird? If you like to cook, somehow you can't go to the store to get a spice container of paprika anymore.

That's because there isn't any, the shelves are bare.

Lot of people are noticing these days. Tim Carney of the Washington Examiner pointed it out here and others chimed in:...."

Yeah, China.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 05:15   #2
Box
Quiet Professional

My primary theory is that all of the paprika is on the same fleet of trucks as the US strategic coin supply...
...is it coincidence that we are out of coins and paprika at the same time?

I think not.
My real fear is a much darker deep state possibility for the cause of this paprika shortage:

To better understand the problem, we must first ask ourselves - just what IS paprika and where did it come from? Its important to note that paprika is the national spice of Hungary - more on that later. Paprika is made from the Capsicum Annuum species of pepper - the same plant that is used to produce capsaicin. It's also used by the pharmaceutical industry in drugs that treat stress and anxiety.

Let me get to the point - I think the paprika shortage is a three pronged attack on the part of big pharma, the DNC, and George Soros. Big-Pharma is selling a shit ton of anti-stress meds - and now with the election and President Trump nominating a conservative replacement for RGB...
...anti-anxiety meds will be going through the roof.

Its why the democrats are pushing to keep the corona panic going - they are in bed with big-pharm and they are all positioned to profit big by cornering the market on paprika.

Then there's George Soros.
George Soros is from Hungary - one the worlds leaders in paprika. By helping the democrats and big pharm' scarf up all the paprika, it also impacts the supply chain of pepper spray. By impacting the supply of pepper spray, George Soros and his surrogates can interfere with the police and their ability to control fiery, violent, peaceful protests and that shit is going to get worse now that President Trump is positioned to replace ANOTHER supreme court justice. Plus, anything bad can be tied to George Soros - its like playing six degrees of Kevin Bacon but with evil plots and George Soros...
...and this paprika shortage is just more proof of his scary connection to all things bad.

There are a few possible solutions that can help to get by during the DNC, Big-Pharm, George Soros induced paprika shortage:

- using half the amount of cumin called for in your paprika recipe
- one third the amount of cayenne (one half if you like a little extra kick)
- equal parts of pimenton
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing

Last edited by Box; 09-21-2020 at 05:18.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 07:24   #3
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK

Quote:
The MarketWatch News Department was not involved in the creation of this content.

Aug 11, 2020 (The Expresswire) -- Global “Paprika Extract Market”research report provides helpful analysis for future strategy development, and to know about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, and global market size, share, growth, trends, and key players forecast to 2025. Paprika Extract market report is a detailed breakdown analysis of industry segments including product type, application, and end-user analysis. ThePaprika ExtractMarket report purposefully analyses every sub-segment regarding the individual growth trends, contribution to the total market, and the upcoming forecasts. This report will help you to establish a panorama of industrial development and characteristics of the Paprika Extract market.

Purchase this report (Price 3500 USD for single user license) -https://www.businessgrowthreports.com/purchase/14649071

https://www.marketwatch.com/press-re...025-2020-08-11

Hurry, only one left in stock, free S&H

Quote:

PAPRIKA - HUNGARIAN- 55lb
Brand: Dylmine Health
Price: $358.10 ($4.48 / oz) & FREE Shipping

https://smile.amazon.com/Dylmine-Hea...0694344&sr=8-2

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 07:30   #4
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Or just spray your food dish with a little OC spray! (Alternatively you could cover your food with a Solanpas patch or do a rub with the gel formula.)

Box, you’re killing it!

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 10:28   #5
miclo18d
Quiet Professional

Box....FauxNews would be very disappointed that you used Lord S’s name in vain.

You are hear-by excommunicated as a heretic and from henceforth will be required to wear the scarlet “R” or “AS” (your choice)!

Register Box as Ex-Communicado at 1500 hrs effective today!

That is all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C9F85ED5-B4C4-4979-96DE-E45E57E6409C.jpg (78.9 KB, 44 views)
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper

Last edited by miclo18d; 09-21-2020 at 10:32.
miclo18d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 11:25   #6
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

What brand do you like. We have plenty of Paprika in Texas!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 5ABD8EF4-E214-4E5D-BEAF-761F23702D1A.jpeg (49.2 KB, 41 views)

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old 09-21-2020, 11:30   #7
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by miclo18d View Post
Box....FauxNews would be very disappointed that you used Lord S’s name in vain.

I think my account may have been hacked by my malicious twin brother...

"Baux" has been known, from time to time, to get on here and post in my stead. Baux is just jealous because he can't cook - so he gets on and sneaks snarky political comments seasoned with just enough flavor to make it look like something that I would post.

Dont listen to my evil twin brother, Baux, he's a conspiracy nut.

I (the 'real' Box) love George Soros. I wish he would use currency manipulation to crash other banks like he did to the bank of England.
I love George Soros. I wish he would donate another 500,000 bucks to Joe Biden.
I love George Soros. I wish he would start a trend of buying progressives during local district attorney elections for a million dollars per cycle .

I love George Soros. I wish he would send me a few bottles of that $4.48 / oz Hungarian Paprika.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 12:50   #8
bblhead672
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post
What brand do you like. We have plenty of Paprika in Texas!
I agree....just left the local grocery store...no shortage of paprika here!
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 12:51   #9
bblhead672
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
I (the 'real' Box) love George Soros. I wish he would use currency manipulation to crash other banks like he did to the bank of England.
I love George Soros. I wish he would donate another 500,000 bucks to Joe Biden.
I love George Soros. I wish he would start a trend of buying progressives during local district attorney elections for a million dollars per cycle .

I love George Soros. I wish he would send me a few bottles of that $4.48 / oz Hungarian Paprika.
I don't love Georgie so much...wish he'd go visit Ruthie.
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 20:56   #10
PSM
Area Commander

I'm rich! My wife buys spices at a restaurant supply store. I've got paprika coming out of my ears. Wait, that doesn't make since. I've got a lot. It's one of those "spices" that I don't seem to be able to taste. The same with bay leaves. I did smoke a lot of it though and it's good on chicken for color and a little smoky flavor.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 22:16   #11
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
I'm rich! My wife buys spices at a restaurant supply store. I've got paprika coming out of my ears. Wait, that doesn't make since. I've got a lot. It's one of those "spices" that I don't seem to be able to taste. The same with bay leaves. I did smoke a lot of it though and it's good on chicken for color and a little smoky flavor.
When you smoke the bay leaves do like to roll them in paper or use a pipe? Just asking for a friend.

Old 09-21-2020, 22:18   #12
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post
When you smoke the bay leaves do like to roll them in paper or use a pipe? Just asking for a friend.
Good catch! Hookah.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
Old 12-15-2020, 12:17   #13
BryanK
Guerrilla Chief

I've noticed a severe shortage of McCormick meatloaf, chili, etc. seasoning packets lately.

"Too many men work on parts of things. Doing a job to completion, satisfies me."- Richard Proenneke
BryanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 17:57   #14
Penn
Area Commander

Dry Spice Meat rub

20 oz Paprika
3 oz Hot Paprika
4 oz garlic powder
3 oz Allspice
4 oz. Cinnamon
4 oz Cardamon
2 oz Ginger
2 oz Cumin
2 oz Mustard powder
Chilies powder dependent upon heat need
6 oz Dried Puréed orange rind

Measurements are approximated, we really do it by aroma and sight. In my mind it jazz cooking. Dark, earthy notes and color are countered balanced by the lighter, vibrant notes, heat is personal, harmony the goal.

Edit to add: We sometimes puree dried herbs and incorporate that into the spice dust, e.g. Lamb dust always has thyme and rosemary in the mix. This taste profile idea is North Africa meets Southern BBQ.

Last edited by Penn; 01-05-2021 at 18:04.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 22:06   #15
PSM
Area Commander

I must have a taste deficiency in certain herbs and spices. I don't taste anything with paprika or bay leaves. We even had a Bay laurel tree in Hermosa Beach. At best, putting a fresh bay leaf in my mouth it was just an astringent taste.