Old 09-19-2020, 17:10   #1
Badger52
Area Commander

New CZ US factory by COB 2020

This is cool news.
(and an extended middle-finger to the MySharonaVirus continuum)

From CZ Radio news:

Quote:
Arms manufacturer Česká zbrojovka plans to launch US production by end of 2020
09/17/2020
Czech arms manufacturer Česká zbrojovka Uherský Brod (CZUB) plans to launch production in its new weapons factory in Arkansas, the United States, by the end of 2020, the business daily e15 reports.

Production in the new manufacturing facility, operated by the Czech company’s US-based branch CZ-USA, was due to be launched in mid-2020, but it has been delayed by the coronavirus outbreak.

The US-based affiliate of Czech firearms manufacturer announced plans to locate their North American Headquarters and build a new manufacturing facility at the Port of Little Rock in Arkansas in the spring of 2019, with an investment of up to $90 million. The new plant should create more than 560 jobs over the next six years.

However, the investment plans could be further postponed by the Covid-19 crisis.

“One of the limiting factors is that traffic between Europe and the United States has been restricted for several months. Nevertheless, we are going ahead with our investment plans,” Česká zbrojovka president Lubomír Kovařík told e15, adding that the preparatory works for the launch of the new plant should start before the end of the year.

CZUB has been manufacturing weapons for almost a century and employs around 2,000 people worldwide. The company established its first US branch in 1997, in California, and later expanded to Kansas.

Despite significant gun fatalities and injuries in the country, the US remains a lucrative market in the arms industry and, according to experts, foreign investments in the field make sense:

"Building a new manufacturing plant in the United States is a rational step in the development of Česká zbrojovka and the Uherský Brod factory has nearly reached its full capacity," Martin Pavlík, a portfolio manager at the Conseq Investment Group told the daily, adding that launching production in the US will also enable the Czech arms manufacturer to enter its military market.

This May, Česká Zbrojovka made a technical listing of its shares on the Prague Stock Exchange with the view to a potential public offering in the future.

Author:
Ruth Fraňková

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 19:04   #2
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

New CZ Factory:

My guess is that CZ is thinking President Trump will be reelected & that The Bozo Beto O'Rouke will not be the "Gun CZAR" for Joe Biden. The dementia is progressing rapidly and & Joe's cognitive decline is obvious to everyone who sees or hears him. Red Bull, Prevegan, coffee is not helping...... I guess next will be injections of Methamphetamine to boost his energy level.
Old 09-19-2020, 19:31   #3
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom kelly View Post
My guess is that CZ is thinking President Trump will be reelected & that The Bozo Beto O'Rouke will not be the "Gun CZAR" for Joe Biden. The dementia is progressing rapidly and & Joe's cognitive decline is obvious to everyone who sees or hears him. Red Bull, Prevegan, coffee is not helping...... I guess next will be injections of Methamphetamine to boost his energy level.
Trackin'. Besides being a bit of a fan on some of their firearms, I retain a like for the CZ in general who - instead of crying "what will we do now?" - embraced freedom (and free enterprise) and told the old Warsaw Pact to "hit the road, A M F, we're off to see the Wizard."

Simply as a 'know the OPFOR' exercise I saw some of the Townhall that CNN organized for him. His body language in the way he handled responses to questions, particularly those that were clearly scripted from Anderson Cooper, tells me he either had a deeply programmed response ready that he'd miraculously memorized or (my thought) that he had a tiny earwig and someone was feeding him stuff.

It just seemed hinky when Cooper would be midway into a question then, having well-established what it was going to be about, Biden would turn away from HIS face, and get a different distant look as if he couldn't concentrate on Cooper's continued recitation of the question AND the information coming into his ear at the same time. Saw it more than once. Just one of those back of the neck-hairs things...

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Old 09-20-2020, 04:17   #4
frostfire
Area Commander

I hope this paved the way to an “affordable” CZ Shadow
Something I have been drooling at but can’t justify spending price of a solid 6.5 CM Tikka on a handgun...

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 09:26   #5
tonyz
Area Commander

Bringing firearms manufacturing to the US makes good sense.

Smith & Wesson should strongly consider a move from Massachusetts to a more “gun friendly” state.

Firearms/ammunition/component manufacturers should consider getting together to form their own bank, credit card and financing arm for dealers and consumers.

Vertical integration may be useful in an industry that is quintessentially American and under constant attack by progressives.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 09:27   #6
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostfire View Post
I hope this paved the way to an “affordable” CZ Shadow
Something I have been drooling at but can’t justify spending price of a solid 6.5 CM Tikka on a handgun...
Heh, I'll hope along with you. Kind of a shooter's version of "that black Vera Wang in the window..." My tastes are more pedestrian, just a 75B with a Kadet along for the ride.

Old 09-20-2020, 17:30   #7
Box
Quiet Professional

Strange times we live in. CZ guns built in the USA, my Winchester Yellow Boy was built in Japan.
...and waiting for someone in Mexico to make more small pistol primers
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 09:37   #8
bblhead672
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
Simply as a 'know the OPFOR' exercise I saw some of the Townhall that CNN organized for him. His body language in the way he handled responses to questions, particularly those that were clearly scripted from Anderson Cooper, tells me he either had a deeply programmed response ready that he'd miraculously memorized or (my thought) that he had a tiny earwig and someone was feeding him stuff.

It just seemed hinky when Cooper would be midway into a question then, having well-established what it was going to be about, Biden would turn away from HIS face, and get a different distant look as if he couldn't concentrate on Cooper's continued recitation of the question AND the information coming into his ear at the same time. Saw it more than once. Just one of those back of the neck-hairs things...
Funny, I was just thinking about the earwig during the debate this morning. Trump's team should be aware of this possibility and plan to jam the appropriate radio channels. Or take control of the channel and feed Bidet different answers.
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 11:17   #9
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
Strange times we live in. CZ guns built in the USA, my Winchester Yellow Boy was built in Japan.
...and waiting for someone in Mexico to make more small pistol primers
Springfields built in Croatia....

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 11:35   #10
frostfire
Area Commander

Quote:
Heh, I'll hope along with you. Kind of a shooter's version of "that black Vera Wang in the window..." My tastes are more pedestrian, just a 75B with a Kadet along for the ride.
Vera what...?! Lol you must be married well or a solid dad to your daughter(s)

But yeah, I see all kind of grip mods for 1911, and more w glocks etc
The P01 is straight functional* fit!

(*not so aggressive for CCW. You can use my national match 92fs grip for sanding furnitures lol)

INDNJC
Old 09-26-2020, 05:39   #11
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Vera what...?! Lol you must be married well or a solid dad to your daughter(s)
Nah, I'm way more neanderthal than that. Got the reference from a movie.

Old 09-26-2020, 09:08   #12
frostfire
Area Commander

Quote:
Nah, I'm way more neanderthal than that. Got the reference from a movie.
The Accountant ?

No CZ in that movie unfortunately

INDNJC
Old 09-27-2020, 05:24   #13
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
The Accountant ?

No CZ in that movie unfortunately
Yep, among others. It's sorta the symbol for Unobtainium in the last few years. Good flick.