Old 04-03-2017, 15:16   #1
SC Pete
Quiet Professional

X ray candidates encouragement

To all you Xs out there-- I was a "street baby" (what they called guys who went Basic - AIT - Jump School - Q Course back in the 80s) ; The Instructors hated us, f*cked with us all the time. Wash out rate from Basic to Q graduation was about 90%. Guys that made it to the Q had about a 60% washout rate. No recycle, except medical in those days. I wouldn't trade my career for anything, and any other SF guys out there would probably tell you the same. While nothing sucks as bad as "Army suck", the good times we had in SF, Bill Gates couldn't buy his way into. So what does it take? The passion and desire to do it, the ability to hang on 5 more minutes, and 5 more minutes, and oh yeah, 5 more minutes... I was no stud-- 5'9", 155 lbs. It is all in your head, (yeah, you do have to be in shape), but push the pain, hard times, cold, thirst, etc into a dead space, and hang on a little longer. It always ends. If I could do it, most of you fellas can too. I was just an average dude, w/ no family career soldiers. Bottom line, you have to WANT it, not just want to be a "Green Beret" to impress somebody, including yourself. Any of you old Sierras or 18s care to add to this?
SC Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 15:24   #2
SC Pete
Quiet Professional

And Oh yeah, you can't be a brick head. Having some intelligence is required.
Old 04-04-2017, 10:27   #3
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

That go for the females currently attending the SF courses?
Old 04-05-2017, 04:20   #4
miclo18d
Quiet Professional

All the encouragement you need comes from couples retreat! Can you guess which guy is SF?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0054.JPG (47.8 KB, 209 views)
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper
miclo18d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 15:14   #5
SC Pete
Quiet Professional

Big help encouraging the new guys... Can't believe the new admin hasn't sh*t-canned the split-tail in SF concept yet. My guess it will be the same "rules" that applied to Ranger School. (Ran into 2 Ranger instructors who filled me in on how it worked.) Started at the very top, (like DOD, probably higher) came down thru the chain, that "We are NOT lowering the standards to let women pass. But any instructor who fails one, can consider his career over." ie: grade them easy, so it looks good on paper. My guess the same will be the same in SF/SEALS. Because my friends, social engineering is sooo much more important than National defense.